HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Sullivan

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2004, 10:43 PM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Sullivan

I know that Steve made a great impact in our playoff run last year.....my question is:

"What do you think Steve's role with the Preds will be over the next one, two, and possibly three years will be?"

My thoughts....he will be here in the sniping/scoring role until Radulov has matured his game to take over that role...and no longer.

Thoughts?

Old
09-25-2004, 10:46 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
I know that Steve made a great impact in our playoff run last year.....my question is:

"What do you think Steve's role with the Preds will be over the next one, two, and possibly three years will be?"

My thoughts....he will be here in the sniping/scoring role until Radulov has matured his game to take over that role...and no longer.

Thoughts?
I say we hold on to him for a good while...you don't trade 2 second rounders to let him walk away in 3 or so years time...he's going to be in Nashville for a long while.

Old
09-27-2004, 07:23 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I'd say since he has a 1 year contract only at the present time that how we performs and whatnot the next season (whenever that may be) will make or break him. I'd love him to be here for 3 years or maybe even more, but let's see how a full season with the Preds works out for him.

Old
09-27-2004, 10:43 AM
saskhab

Wasn't his contract just to get one done in the meantime (he went to arbitration)? I thought both sides were interested in a long term deal, but won't work one out until the new CBA, blah blah blah.

Old
09-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
Wasn't his contract just to get one done in the meantime (he went to arbitration)? I thought both sides were interested in a long term deal, but won't work one out until the new CBA, blah blah blah.
I believe the quote from Sullivan was - We thought about both offers (one being the 1 year deal, the other being a 2 year deal) - and felt that the one year was best for both us and the team. I sensed mixed emotions from him, and I really don't blame him. He played for us and helped us attain our first playoff run, but we are definitely not a huge market....and he wants to know if this is a place for him to settle down in his waning years - or if he should look around via UFA and find a good place for his family to live, etc. Hopefully his wife and kids will love it here in Nashville, although the lockout is going to push him away from here...and make it hard for him to gain an appreciation for this area.