HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek a 6 million dollar man?An assistant GM thinks so.

Old
05-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Come on Komisarek was borderline exceptional last season before his late season shoulder injury.

As a UFA there is no question that Komisarek should be able to approach 5 million per season, despite his poor season this year.

With any luck id like to see Gainey lock him up for 4 years at approx 16-18 million.
that's your opinion. I think he's a fine defenseman, but he hasn't shown me he can play anywhere near Seabrook, Rozsival, Phillips, Coburn and so on. Komisarek can barely make passes now. He was in the 20% for passing efficiency and that's not acceptable for a team that wants to play like the Wings ... ok, the Canadiens are nowhere near the Wings but that's what the organization tells us ...

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 04:08 PM
TMLeafer

I think it was either the Leafs, Sens, or Bruins assistant GM who said this just to raise the asking price .

PS: I don't think he's worth $6M. $4 M maybe.

TMLeafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 06:00 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I like Komirasek but if he gets anything near 6 million I really wish him the best of luck cause he won't be getting that from Gainey.No way he should be making more money then Markov!
Mike , please close the door on the way out

anything more than Chris Phillips - SHIP HIM OUT .

he played like crap last year , he is a solid Regher type of player in the 3-4 range , period end of story . He proved in Markov`s absence he is a # 3 D man , thats it.

He has no upside , a good player but this retarded money , GET LOST

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 06:05 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
it doesn't tak Jay-Bo to replace Komisarek while Ohlund and Beauchemin have been superior to Komisarek for the last few years
Coming from you, I take it you have not even watched Ohlund this year. Ohlund hasn't been good recently, just like Komi. Ohlund's a potential replacement for Komi, but he's definitely not as good as he used to be.

Beauchemin? Good but playing with Niedermayer or Pronger makes anyone look good. So he hasn't been better than Komi in any way, since both he and Komi played with a great defensive partner.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 07:47 PM
ibeck

this assistant GM thinks komisarek is 6 million dollers? maybe that's why he is an assistant coach. there is no way a team should spend 6 million dollers on a shutdown, block shoting defenseman. teams are in no position to throw money away. Its called managing the cap. Nick lidstrom makes 7.45 mill. this GM says komisarke is 6??

ibeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Don't know if this has been posted, but:

http://ruefrontenac.com/bertrandraym...-sur-komisarek

Hope this is bullsh*t.... 'cause the Habs can't afford to loose Komisarek...

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 08:10 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

that didn't sound good. If he doesn't even give us a chance, I'm going to have a serious hate-on for him after being such a fan all these seasons. Can't blame him entirely, but all that stuff about his strong character is crap cuz if he can't handle the scrutiny when he sucks (like this season), while being touted to be the next captain of the most storied franchise, this guy is a letdown.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

He isnt worth anything over three in my opinion..... 6 million a year....see ya Mikey.... nobody is offering him that

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:

they can for six mil....Habs arent paying him anything close to that...wouldnt hurt my feelings any if he left.... if he doesnt play with a chip on his shoulder which got him in this league then he is a below average player

Last edited by Westcoasthabsfan: 05-10-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:

Can we get a translation please?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlue View Post
Coming from you, I take it you have not even watched Ohlund this year. Ohlund hasn't been good recently, just like Komi. Ohlund's a potential replacement for Komi, but he's definitely not as good as he used to be.

Beauchemin? Good but playing with Niedermayer or Pronger makes anyone look good. So he hasn't been better than Komi in any way, since both he and Komi played with a great defensive partner.
it just so happens that Komisarek plays with Markov

why doesn't he look good?

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:51 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
it just so happens that Komisarek plays with Markov

why doesn't he look good?
Answer: He did last year. And he was fine this year until the Lucic incident. Probably got hurt at that point.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Doc McKenna

That's because "he was shaken like a reed". If Komi has packed up, then I say don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. He will be the ryan malone or jason blake of 2009. Though both those players will still earn less than mike.

Bring on Franky Beauchemin, He can throw a punch and appears to be as sound in his own end. If he can pass a puck at all he is better than komi.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Magic33

Every player in this league can become "bad" depending on what type of money they get. If they salary cap is, for example, 55 million .. then im sure most people wouldn't give Ovechkin 15 million dollars (cap hit). He would most likely become a detriment to the team. Komi is the same. 6 million is ludicrous for a guy like him. I know some other DMen that are kind of comparable have made that much, but it doesnt mean its a good deal. He is decent in 1 out of 3 zones on the ice.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

Burptrand Raymond is a well-known Habs basher and pessimist extraordinaire ever since Gainey came in.

I remember him before last season where the Habs finished 1st in the conference, when he made his predictions for the season on La ligue en question, he put the habs out of the playoffs and said that the Habs were sure to not win the cup for at least TEN YEARS. I mean, he doesn't have a friggin crystal ball, and this shows just how much he likes to be pessimistic about the Habs.

So take his articles with a grain of salt, he has a way to twist things that even Réjaune Tremblay would blush about.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 11:42 PM
LesCanadiens

Although he's had a miserable, mistake-filled season - I hope we come to an agreement with Komi. He's one of the few guys on our team that has a "hate to lose" attitude, the defensive errors can be fixed, at least he's got the right attitude, so there is a solid foundation to build on.

But no way he's worth 6m today.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 11:50 PM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Can we get a translation please?
Hope this helps until someone else can give us a brief translation.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

I wrote a long well-written scanting reply on the comments of that article, yet they did not put it on. Seems like Raymond and the bunch at RueFrontenac don't like it when people take Ciccone's side when he says how the media are the main reason why UFAs don't wanna come here, and he's an agent.

Raymond a censuring fascist? Unsurprising.

Old
05-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Although he's had a miserable, mistake-filled season - I hope we come to an agreement with Komi. He's one of the few guys on our team that has a "hate to lose" attitude, the defensive errors can be fixed, at least he's got the right attitude, so there is a solid foundation to build on.

But no way he's worth 6m today.
Unfortunately, what he's worth and what he's offered by other teams might not match. I'm hoping he'll take a discount at 4m realistically speaking. If this guy leaves there is a gaping hole in an already suspect defense.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Fire Brunet*

Damn Komi, don't go

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 02:31 PM
eightyseven

I honestly don't understand how some of you guys THINK Komi is worth $6 million. Are you kidding me?! He's worth no more than $3.75 million and even that's high. He has virtually no offensive instincts and can't make an outlet pass, can't get his shot on net, has questionable hockey IQ, and his testosterone level gets the better of his behaviour on the ice. He's on par with Oprik, Commodore and Volchenkov. And Commodore and Oprik are both overpaid in my opinion. Volchenkov is arguably better. None of these guys I would consider as first-pairing defencemen. Grit and leadership for $6 million is a waste of money.

Look at Carolina's defense. Part of the reason why they've been dominating the Bruins is because their D make fast, tape-to-tape passes, pinching in at the right time, etc, this is the same as Detroit and Chicago and something that killed Calgary, a team known for it's "grit". This is the NEW NHL-it's getting faster.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 02:32 PM
eightyseven

Maybe this article was just a way for Komi's agent and himself to scare Gainey and management into dropping a lot of $$$. It would be a mistake to overpay for him.

And for what it's worth, I don't know why Gainey spent $5.5 million on Hamrlik. He is not a first-pairing D at this point of his career. A waste of $$ but I guess that's what happens when so few free agents want to come to MTL.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 02:34 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

lol Bertrand Raymond. He is already wrong in the first sentence of his article. UFA starts at noon not midnight.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 02:36 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Maybe this article was just a way for Komi's agent and himself to scare Gainey and management into dropping a lot of $$$. It would be a mistake to overpay for him.

And for what it's worth, I don't know why Gainey spent $5.5 million on Hamrlik. He is not a first-pairing D at this point of his career. A waste of $$ but I guess that's what happens when so few free agents want to come to MTL.
He's way closer to being a first pairing defenseman than Komisarek will ever be. People here jump on Hammer's back like if he was brutal. However, what people tend to forget is that he was asked to play with garbage as Brisebois and O'Byrne almost all season long and still managed to put up better numbers than last year (and he was a + player, by the way).

Get off his back. Hammer's maybe not worth the money, but he's a 4,5M$ D-Man.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbanator76 View Post
He's way closer to being a first pairing defenseman than Komisarek will ever be. People here jump on Hammer's back like if he was brutal. However, what people tend to forget is that he was asked to play with garbage as Brisebois and O'Byrne almost all season long and still managed to put up better numbers than last year (and he was a + player, by the way).

Get off his back. Hammer's maybe not worth the money, but he's a 4,5M$ D-Man.
+1000