HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr-edm

Old
05-09-2009, 01:28 PM
damicius

vCash: 500
Nyr-edm

Gomez+Sjostrom for Horcoff+Penner

Sjostrom is good 3rd line player, who cant get the chance in NY, Voros can play the 4th line with Betts and Orr.

Horcoff needs new challenge, Penner is overpaid, so he will fit in Rangers team.

Gomez has 7,35 caphit vs. Horcoff 5,5 +Penner 4,25
Rangers can afford it.

damicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Why would the Rangers want to downgrade at centre only to add more salary? Zero reason for N.Y. to make that trade.

Good trade for Edmonton. If for no other reason than to get rid of Dustin Penner.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

No..

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

I don't think the Rangers should make a trade that adds them salary right now.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 01:47 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

As much complaining as I've done about Horcoff's new contract, I'd much rather have him at $5.5m than Gomez at 2 million more. Horcoff does a lot of things that Gomez can't, and for a guy who's supposedly paid big money to produce offense, Gomez hasn't done a very good job of that either.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post
As much complaining as I've done about Horcoff's new contract, I'd much rather have him at $5.5m than Gomez at 2 million more. Horcoff does a lot of things that Gomez can't, and for a guy who's supposedly paid big money to produce offense, Gomez hasn't done a very good job of that either.
You forgot to mention Dustin Penner. Getting rid of that anchor is well worth the flip of Horcoff to Gomez.

Without Penner in the deal it makes little sense for the Oilers, with him in the deal it's a win.

Old
05-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
You forgot to mention Dustin Penner. Getting rid of that anchor is well worth the flip of Horcoff to Gomez.

Without Penner in the deal it makes little sense for the Oilers, with him in the deal it's a win.
Just like most, you think Penner is alot worse than he is.

Penner only has 3 years left, was the best +/- forward on the Oilers, and is going to for the first time as an Oiler, play for a Coach who doesn't hate him.

Penner has averaged 20 goals, and 22 assists a year as an Oiler.
Is he overpaid? Obviously, but he is still a useful and effective player when used properly.

People freaking about about having to pay people to take Penner is asinine. He very clearly fits in the mold of the new GM's plans, and I suspect you will see a very different Dustin Penner next year.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 02:16 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:

Nah. Penner has no value right now, obviously, but it's not like the Oilers are loaded with better options at LW. It's not like he's just taking a roster space away from some budding star. He's scored 40 goals in 2 seasons, and again while that's disappointing for what he's getting paid, the Oilers aren't loaded with LW who'd do better. I'm definitely willing to give him another season, because there's basically no downside. At worst, he disappoints again, in which case he could be bought out next summer for $6 million, just in time for the raises the Oilers will need to give some of the young guys.. That's not really that bad.

Bottom line, this trade definitely makes the Oilers worse.

Old
05-09-2009, 02:20 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Montreal will take Penner of you.
What do you want?

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Just like most, you think Penner is alot worse than he is.

Penner only has 3 years left, was the best +/- forward on the Oilers, and is going to for the first time as an Oiler, play for a Coach who doesn't hate him.

Penner has averaged 20 goals, and 22 assists a year as an Oiler.
Is he overpaid? Obviously, but he is still a useful and effective player when used properly.

People freaking about about having to pay people to take Penner is asinine. He very clearly fits in the mold of the new GM's plans, and I suspect you will see a very different Dustin Penner next year.
This could be the case. Players have been known to flourish under some coaches and struggle under others.

On the other hand, Dustin Penner's indifference and laid back attitude is the culture the Oilers are trying to leave behind. If there are any takers I think you'll see Nilsson and Penner shipped out this summer.

I'm also not convinced Penner fits the mold of what Tambellini is looking for. The Oilers do want to get bigger but they also want to get grittier and and harder to play against. Penner only fills one of those criteria.

Old
05-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by damicius View Post
Gomez+Sjostrom for Horcoff+Penner

Sjostrom is good 3rd line player, who cant get the chance in NY, Voros can play the 4th line with Betts and Orr.

Horcoff needs new challenge, Penner is overpaid, so he will fit in Rangers team.

Gomez has 7,35 caphit vs. Horcoff 5,5 +Penner 4,25
Rangers can afford it.
DISSSS

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
This could be the case. Players have been known to flourish under some coaches and struggle under others.

On the other hand, Dustin Penner's indifference and laid back attitude is the culture the Oilers are trying to leave behind. If there are any takers I think you'll see Nilsson and Penner shipped out this summer.

I'm also not convinced Penner fits the mold of what Tambellini is looking for. The Oilers do want to get bigger but they also want to get grittier and and harder to play against. Penner only fills one of those criteria.
I would be pretty indefferent if half the stuff MacT spewed about Penner and Nilsson, sometimes completely uncalled for, was said about me.

Size is going to be a premium for the Oilers, and I don't see them giving up on Penner.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 03:03 PM
4rde

No from Edmonton point of view, Horcoff is very important player for them. Yes Penner might be pain in the ass right now but who knows if he can turn it around.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 03:21 PM
HabsInsideOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
Montreal will take Penner of you.
What do you want?
um no we won't

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 04:03 PM
madpooh

Anyone else really hope this happens just to see Hemsky & Gomez on the same line. Maybe they can then trade for PMB.

madpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 07:02 PM
ecemleafs

what about gomez for penner and chorney?

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Phaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
what about gomez for penner and chorney?
that would leave us with Gomez, Horcoff, Cogliano, Gagner, and Brodziak down the middle. If we trade for a centre, we have to have one going the other way

Phaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:08 AM
funky

A Gomez for Penner and Shremp would be a better trade in my mind. NYR has to shed at least one huge contract and does need size.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
A Gomez for Penner and Shremp would be a better trade in my mind. NYR has to shed at least one huge contract and does need size.
It's highly unlikely Edmonton would be in a position to add salary though. At the least the $$$ going back would have to equal Gomez's salary or Edmonton would look elsewhere.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:35 AM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
It's highly unlikely Edmonton would be in a position to add salary though. At the least the $$$ going back would have to equal Gomez's salary or Edmonton would look elsewhere.
im not sure what edmonton's finances are but gomez has made more money than the cap hit with the rangers so far. so in actual dollars edmonton will be paying him less than the cap hit if they traded for him. the problem with the oilers as a trade partner is that we wouldnt want any of your centers back either because we are deep at center.

Old
05-10-2009, 11:38 AM
blackcoffee

Quote:
im not sure what edmonton's finances are but gomez has made more money than the cap hit with the rangers so far. so in actual dollars edmonton will be paying him less than the cap hit if they traded for him. the problem with the oilers as a trade partner is that we wouldnt want any of your centers back either because we are deep at center.
Cap hit is all that matters. They have a new owner, a very very rich one.

blackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:41 AM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoffee View Post
Cap hit is all that matters. They have a new owner, a very very rich one.
hmm....i really do think gomez would excel in edmonton but they dont seem to have a great need for gomez without getting rid of cogliano and his huge cap hit for many years.

Old
05-10-2009, 07:11 PM
SouvenirCity

Penner + Souray for Gomez + Redden

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 12:45 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
Penner + Souray for Gomez + Redden
No thank you, with extreme prejudice.

Quote:
hmm....i really do think gomez would excel in edmonton but they dont seem to have a great need for gomez without getting rid of cogliano and his huge cap hit for many years.
You mean Horcoff and his huge cap hit of many years? (because Cogliano's cap hit isn't huge, and he isn't signed for many years.)

Again, no way in hell would I deal Horcoff for Gomez.

Old
05-11-2009, 01:04 AM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post
No thank you, with extreme prejudice.

You mean Horcoff and his huge cap hit of many years? (because Cogliano's cap hit isn't huge, and he isn't signed for many years.)

Again, no way in hell would I deal Horcoff for Gomez.
yeah i meant horcoff. and you really would be completely against a gomez for horcoff trade straight up? horcoff is a year older and signed to a year longer than gomez. has a contract nearly as bad as gomez and isnt nearly as good as gomez.