HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

Places to Play

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2009, 04:08 PM
  #1
HerrAlex
 
HerrAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: greater Anaheim area
Country: United States
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
Places to Play

Does anybody know of places in Germany to play Eis Hockey. Preferably around berlin. But any place would be helpful.

HerrAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 04:36 PM
  #2
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 500
to play in a team or what do you mean?

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_d...schland#Berlin

a list of rinks in berlin.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 06:36 PM
  #3
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
Any places with drop in hockey? Heading over next weekend to visit my Oma and Opa for a week. I'll be in Wertheim. Not expecting anything ,but it sure would be fun.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 10:27 PM
  #4
TransatlanticIce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brighton
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHATEbeauch23 View Post
Does anybody know of places in Germany to play Eis Hockey. Preferably around berlin. But any place would be helpful.
You could always catch the Eisbären if you can't find a rink.

TransatlanticIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 02:27 AM
  #5
HerrAlex
 
HerrAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: greater Anaheim area
Country: United States
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
yes im looking for places to play while im in Germany for school. I should be able to find some league in all of those rinks

HerrAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 02:29 AM
  #6
HerrAlex
 
HerrAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: greater Anaheim area
Country: United States
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90rock View Post
You could always catch the Eisbären if you can't find a rink.
Ill definitely attend a bunch of ice bear games while im there

HerrAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 04:16 AM
  #7
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Any places with drop in hockey? Heading over next weekend to visit my Oma and Opa for a week. I'll be in Wertheim. Not expecting anything ,but it sure would be fun.
darmstadt should be the closest. but i'm not sure if there are hobby-teams. in germany it's hard to get ice-time on rinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHATEbeauch23 View Post
yes im looking for places to play while im in Germany for school. I should be able to find some league in all of those rinks
in berlin you should contact FASS berlin. i'm not sure if they have open teams, but they should know who to contact.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 09:07 AM
  #8
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
darmstadt should be the closest. but i'm not sure if there are hobby-teams. in germany it's hard to get ice-time on rinks.



in berlin you should contact FASS berlin. i'm not sure if they have open teams, but they should know who to contact.
I figured it probably wouldn't be easy. Need to start a campaign so kids can get more opportunities on the ice.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 09:30 AM
  #9
zecke26
Registered User
 
zecke26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
I figured it probably wouldn't be easy. Need to start a campaign so kids can get more opportunities on the ice.
how so?

it's too expensive to build rinks in warm climate. here in kassel the rink was build by a hockey fan, but it was in the 70s. there are a lot of kids willing to play hockey, but we need a 2nd rink for 15 years now and there's no hope in sight. it's simply too expensive.

hockey in kassel started when they flooded a tennis court and froze it.
but these days the winters are hardly cold enough to do that.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:36 AM
  #10
HerrAlex
 
HerrAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: greater Anaheim area
Country: United States
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
I have no problem traveling some distance. Even If i have to go to switzerland to play hockey

HerrAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:21 PM
  #11
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
how so?

it's too expensive to build rinks in warm climate. here in kassel the rink was build by a hockey fan, but it was in the 70s. there are a lot of kids willing to play hockey, but we need a 2nd rink for 15 years now and there's no hope in sight. it's simply too expensive.

hockey in kassel started when they flooded a tennis court and froze it.
but these days the winters are hardly cold enough to do that.
Not sure how,but I know if there were more ice available you could get more kids to play and have adult rec leagues as well. That could only help the game grow in the country. Maybe there are a few deep pocketed hockey fans who might be willing....Maybe someone like a Hecht or Sturm could jump in on a rink building program to help get some more into the game.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.