HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New Rant Thread

Old
05-09-2009, 06:34 PM
dbui72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
I would argue with your heart and grit comment. Fehr is not a soft player. It may be that he or Fleischmann are moved to give Bourque his chance, but fact is that neither Fehr nor Fleischmann are fully developed yet. Kozlov has really come to play. Driving to the net is not usually his thing, but he has been doing that regularly.

Nylander is Nylander. The team has plenty of grit. The return of Clark is key in that regard. The growth in this team is not with players like Kozlov being replaced by other players, its with the improvement in players like Ovechkin and Semin and Backstrom in the big games.
I agree, with you that Flash and Fehr have not hit their stride yet. You are right Fehr is big and physical to some extent. I am reluctant to give up on them. Can you say possible Anson Carter, Jason Allison, or Andrew Brunette? Recent fans would not know who they are, they should google them.

Anyhow, I think slots will be open with Feds and I am not sure if we are going to resign Kozlov. Nylander if we can dump him can open up another slot. Who will be in next? Maybe Bourque or Osla?

Just a passing thought, if we are going to keep Feds and not resign Kozlov, I want to see Feds and Slava Kozlov of the Atlanta Thrashers on our team together. Those will be two very smart players and we would have one heck of a PP.

dbui72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 09:15 PM
pgreene

the reason we had to play back to back...

was ****ing yanni?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=278155

honestly, yanni? we got back-to-backed because they booked yanni? yanni? really?

pgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

It'll be the Caps fault somehow...That's what I read in the Penguins thread.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 09:26 PM
WharfRat

Um, the Pens had to play the game too.

WharfRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 09:28 PM
pgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by WharfRat View Post
Um, the Pens had to play the game too.
wharf, your bitterness cannot excuse the fact that pittsburgh booked yanni. i mean, they booked him to PLAY MUSIC. that is an affront to humanity as much as it is a kick in the home-ice-advantage to the caps.

Old
05-09-2009, 09:28 PM
alex2792*

We are a one trick pony

We are a 1 man team with terrible defense. If you take OV off our roster I'm not sure we even make the playoffs. GMGM needs to get his head out of his ass and get us some real NHL quality dmen. What the **** is the point of stock piling all these prospects if we're going to play total bums like Morrison and Poti over Alzner anyhow. Kozlov, Fehr, Big Bird Schultz, Nylander and Morrison HAVE to go. The fact that we managed to finish 2nd in the East and made it past the 1st round goes to show how great OV is, but with a retard driving the bus he'll probably bolt before the end of his contract to play for a team that can look up the word "defense" in the dictionary.

alex2792* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 09:29 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgreene View Post
wharf, your bitterness cannot excuse the fact that pittsburgh booked yanni. i mean, they booked him to PLAY MUSIC. that is an affront to humanity as much as it is a kick in the home-ice-advantage to the caps.
And that's the end of the thread.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 09:31 PM
WharfRat

Quote:
Can Yanni play defense?

Old
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Really?

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2792 View Post
We are a 1 man team with terrible defense. If you take OV off our roster I'm not sure we even make the playoffs. GMGM needs to get his head out of his ass and get us some real NHL quality dmen. What the **** is the point of stock piling all these prospects if we're going to play total bums like Morrison and Poti over Alzner anyhow. Kozlov, Fehr, Big Bird Schultz, Nylander and Morrison HAVE to go. The fact that we managed to finish 2nd in the East and made it past the 1st round goes to show how great OV is, but with a retard driving the bus he'll probably bolt before the end of his contract to play for a team that can look up the word "defense" in the dictionary.
i cannot argue with the genius that is this post. well reasoned, well worded, and...

sorry, i can't keep that up.

Old
05-09-2009, 09:32 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post

Really?
Separated at birth?

BrooklynCapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 09:32 PM
pgreene

Quote:
Can Yanni play defense?
he can lull them to sleep with his dulcet tones. or gouge out their ears and mind-**** them with the insanity that is him being allowed-nay, invited (and dare i guess paid)-to perform.

Old
05-09-2009, 09:33 PM
pgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post

Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Separated at birth?

'oly crap! maybe he can fight too. sign that goofy ******* up.

Old
05-09-2009, 09:33 PM
WharfRat

Quote:
he can lull them to sleep with his dulcet tones. or gouge out their ears and mind-**** them with the insanity that is him being allowed-nay, invited (and dare i guess paid)-to perform.
That's better than Mike Green can do. Sign him.

Old
05-09-2009, 09:34 PM
pgreene

Quote:
That's better than Mike Green can do. Sign him.
can you be certain green can't mind-**** someone? really? 'cause if so, you know way more about his personal life than you probably should.

Old
05-09-2009, 09:37 PM
WharfRat

Quote:
can you be certain green can't mind-**** someone? really? 'cause if so, you know way more about his personal life than you probably should.
I dunno. He's a stoner with a cool mohawk and all. meh.

Old
05-09-2009, 10:21 PM
LetsGoBears

The overall reffing in the playoffs is just getting to the point of not being watchable. I mean there was an actual interference call and not one of those someone got his clocked cleaned so being the ***** NHL we have to call something. Just ugh… Maybe it's the fact the Bears/Caps are just sh!tting all over themselves.

Go Stingrays…

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 10:37 PM
vh resurrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
The overall reffing in the playoffs is just getting to the point of not being watchable. I mean there was an actual interference call and not one of those someone got his clocked cleaned so being the ***** NHL we have to call something. Just ugh… Maybe it's the fact the Bears/Caps are just sh!tting all over themselves.

Go Stingrays…
I'm a Pens fan and I agree with you if you're talking about the OT. Just before the winner, a Cap got taken out in the slot in the Pens' end. I thought it was a pretty obvious interference call.
It's pretty lame that they put their whistles away most of the game, called one in overtime and then missed the even-up call.
It's irritating that they can't seem to call it as they see it like they're supposed to do.

vh resurrected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 11:07 PM
LetsGoBears

Overall the game was better, but the small handful that were questionable were really bad. Then again the game should have been over 30 seconds into OT.

Old
05-09-2009, 11:16 PM
LGP8771

About the Boucher non-call, here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0apjxuW4lu0 - Watch in HD on YouTube. This embed is a joke without full-screen or the HQ/HD button.

This is a borderline dive. Boucher barely pushed him. He went down very easily. It would have been a pretty weak make-up call. I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been called, but this is usually not called in overtime in the playoffs.

The Jurcina trip, well, Malkin was going to the net with the puck - the Caps just fell behind on the play.

Last edited by mrwarden: 05-09-2009 at 11:27 PM.
LGP8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Siberian

I thought that it would be a good idea for BB to start Theodore in this game but in reality there were 42 shots on Caps goal, some were really good scoring opportunities, Theo wouldn't have made it to overtime.

Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 11:34 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
why does any cap fan patronize a lost pens thread?

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 11:54 PM
FeedDaPuck

You talk

Take a look at my avatar. I think you are all inferior and not worthy. BUT... you are further than us. you are facing the dirt of this league. the slime. I am sorry - MODS. They are. The - whining is unstoppable, your stars just became villains(sp.?). Anyway - I hate the Caps, but I despise the Pens... Can you ALL suck it up and show up as fans??? Ovie will be there, Wallramov - he brought you here... You have it... almost... except for D. Missing. I wanna see Varly taking a roughing penalty in the first. I wanna see him clearing HIS crease - to show his D how it is done. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE FEDS playing out of his mind - you have Bourque and others... Sloan - is a slow joke. Green - bro - wake up. Pottier - nice story, - dude, its playoffs - CLEAR the puck. Semin - every game, not just some of them. Anyways. I see Varly stealing game 6. Just outright stealing. I will be there for game 7. YOU -The Caps fans - bring it! No whining, no Crosby, no BS. Just bring it! Right now - you and your team are missing - a lot

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 11:57 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck View Post
Take a look at my avatar. I think you are all inferior and not worthy. BUT... you are further than us. you are facing the dirt of this league. the slime. I am sorry - MODS. They are. The - whining is unstoppable, your stars just became villains(sp.?). Anyway - I hate the Caps, but I despise the Pens... Can you ALL suck it up and show up as fans??? Ovie will be there, Wallramov - he brought you here... You have it... almost... except for D. Missing. I wanna see Varly taking a roughing penalty in the first. I wanna see him clearing HIS crease - to show his D how it is done. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE FEDS playing out of his mind - you have Bourque and others... Sloan - is a slow joke. Green - bro - wake up. Pottier - nice story, - dude, its playoffs - CLEAR the puck. Semin - every game, not just some of them. Anyways. I see Varly stealing game 6. Just outright stealing. I will be there for game 7. YOU -The Caps fans - bring it! No whining, no Crosby, no BS. Just bring it! Right now - you and your team are missing - a lot
Rant.

05-10-2009, 12:02 AM
LetsGoBears

You turn around and change direction on skates and have a stick in your chest before you're done and see what happens…

Lets see MAF take a cross check to the face and a Caps only get $2,500…sorry I couldn't even keep a straight face typing that.