HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Youtube yourself.

Old
05-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Selanne08*

vCash: 500
Youtube yourself.

Everyone on hfboards seems to play so lets get some youtube videos put up here. Get a friend or parents to tape like a minute of you playing.

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 12:42 AM
vivianmb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRYR0mofr1A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRc_-YwkYK4

vivianmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 12:48 AM
vivianmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
Everyone on hfboards seems to play so lets get some youtube videos put up here. Get a friend or parents to tape like a minute of you playing.
where's yours?

Old
05-03-2009, 04:45 AM
Dr Acula

You definitely look like you were still hungover in the first video. Especially when you ran into your own teammate at the end there haha.

Dr Acula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 07:16 PM
vivianmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarmy View Post
You definitely look like you were still hungover in the first video. Especially when you ran into your own teammate at the end there haha.
try still half drunk.but i still deflected two shots.haha

Old
05-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Hockeyfan68

Cool looks like you were having fun.

I need to get some video ... I don't have a video camera. I do but it is an old VHS shoulder cam ... I know that is truly pathetic but alas it is true.

Thanks for sharing your vids ...

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Nice stuff. That was some iffy stick handling before turning it over but your defensive work was impressive.

Last year my girl friend recorded me at ball hockey with her digital camera. I'll pull up the files when I get home and put them on youtube. Crappy quality though.

05-06-2009, 07:44 AM

lol i love the one comment when you fell "that's embarrassing" from the person (wife?) recording lol

not bad though, Id say thats about the same speed i go for mens league too, don't wanna exert too much energy

91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
vivianmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAstles91 View Post
lol i love the one comment when you fell "that's embarrassing" from the person (wife?) recording lol

not bad though, Id say thats about the same speed i go for mens league too, don't wanna exert too much energy
it was my 9 year old daughter LOL!!!

Old
05-06-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivianmb View Post
it was my 9 year old daughter LOL!!!
hahahahahahaha even better

91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Hockeyfan68

I have ONE lamey short 21 second video I shot with a digital regular camera that shot avi by sitting it on a kitchen chair I brought out to my backyard rink. I make a rink every year weather permitting.

Okay the video needs a setup ... I had a nice big rink in the backyard that usually looks like this ....

And I am here using it like this ...

Ummm I put the digital camera on a puck for an ice level shot

Now why does the video need a setup? Well because I shot it just after doing a quick repair when we had 2 60 degree (Fahrenheit) days of heavy rain which washed the rink away AND 70 mph winds that ripped up my huge sheet of poly which ripped it to all unholy heck.

So this was a quick repair job to give me a bowling alley sized lane to shoot pucks in for practice basically. Living in Maine is good in the winter but sometimes that southern flow brings rain from down south and warm weather which makes outdoor rinks a difficult task to maintain sometimes.

But this video is THE ONLY one I have of me doing anything at all ... I want to get game footage from the team I play for but I own an analog VHS video camera .... I know right ... SUPER LAME-O!

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 05-06-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old
05-06-2009, 03:09 PM
The Big Giant Head

ahh man to have a rink in my backyard would be awesome...i'd actually consider moving to Minnesota or or Michigan or somewhere up north to be able to have something like that.

Short vid but looks like your a good skater and your comfortable with your stick so i can tell your probably pretty good on a full sheet of ice (as you should be with a rink in your backyard!)

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
ahh man to have a rink in my backyard would be awesome...i'd actually consider moving to Minnesota or or Michigan or somewhere up north to be able to have something like that.

Short vid but looks like your a good skater and your comfortable with your stick so i can tell your probably pretty good on a full sheet of ice (as you should be with a rink in your backyard!)
You're in Cali huh, maybe some mountain area in nortern Cali can support ice in the winter? I was thinking about starting a website for home made rinks and have people contribute and offer ice time to people where they live for pickup games and stuff. It would be cool if someone in a Cali mountain area had a frozen lake and you hooked up with them for a couple of roadtrips in the winter time from your warm climate.

Yeah a backyard rink is nice ... I'm 40 soon to be 41 too (I've slowed a little bit with age) and am 6ft 4 235lbs and kinda have a lumbering style of skating like a Lucic maybe or whatever. Not a pretty skater but I get the job done I guess.

I just lost 35lbs too so the video of me is 35 lbs heavier than I am now so I am a little quicker these days. In that video I am almost or about 270 lbs.

I like the videos posted above by VivianMB ... I need to get some game footage with the team I play with.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 05-06-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old
05-06-2009, 04:31 PM
The Big Giant Head

im in southern cali and i live about 30min away from probably the best ski and snowboard spots here and its still gets way to warm in the winter. Sometimes, when we're having long cold spells it'll stay cool enough but those dont last very long.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 08:25 PM
vivianmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
You're in Cali huh, maybe some mountain area in nortern Cali can support ice in the winter? I was thinking about starting a website for home made rinks and have people contribute and offer ice time to people where they live for pickup games and stuff. It would be cool if someone in a Cali mountain area had a frozen lake and you hooked up with them for a couple of roadtrips in the winter time from your warm climate.

Yeah a backyard rink is nice ... I'm 40 soon to be 41 too (I've slowed a little bit with age) and am 6ft 4 235lbs and kinda have a lumbering style of skating like a Lucic maybe or whatever. Not a pretty skater but I get the job done I guess.

I just lost 35lbs too so the video of me is 35 lbs heavier than I am now so I am a little quicker these days. In that video I am almost or about 270 lbs.

I like the videos posted above by VivianMB ... I need to get some game footage with the team I play with.
way to go Hockeyfan 68!i LIKE the rink. i will post my rink later.

Old
05-06-2009, 08:30 PM
vivianmb

here's the one we had when we lived in connecticut(before filling it).

Old
05-06-2009, 08:33 PM
vivianmb

and here's last years in winnipeg.(natural ice,no liner) we didn't do one this year because i discovered that i can bring the kids to the local park four blocks away that has THREE outdoor rinks. all their friends go there. so it was easier.

Old
05-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivianmb View Post
here's the one we had when we lived in connecticut(before filling it).
Dude that rules it! I use a garden hose too, takes a long time though with that. I wish I had a fire hose on the hydrant on the street.

nice job ... that other picture with the kids playing is awesome.

I play at other outdoor rinks too a lot .... the home one is for practice and the others are for pickup games.

Old
05-09-2009, 11:23 AM
vivianmb

thanks.
yeah i don't have the time anymore to tend to a rink . the one in connecticut was made with a liner. the one in winnipeg was ntural. ..much harder to maintain. thus we just go up the block now.

Old
05-10-2009, 04:48 AM
nikebauer

Send a message via MSN to nikebauer

Last edited by nikebauer: 05-10-2009 at 05:10 AM.
nikebauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 05:14 AM
UserName

This is just some footage of myself at various stick and pucks. Just fooling around hence the lack of equipment and relaxed atmosphere.

Started playing ice hockey when i was almost 18. Have been playing for almost 3 years and I'm still improving

UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName View Post

This is just some footage of myself at various stick and pucks. Just fooling around hence the lack of equipment and relaxed atmosphere.

Started playing ice hockey when i was almost 18. Have been playing for almost 3 years and I'm still improving
Hmmm you can't play anywhere here in Maine without a helmet. I thought it was odd to see someone playing without a helmet indoors.

Cool video in any case

Old
05-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikebauer View Post
What was that, the Martin St.Louis backwards thingie? Looked okay to me .... I'm going to try that one on our goalie during the next warmups before a game.

Old
05-10-2009, 02:24 PM
The Kult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Hmmm you can't play anywhere here in Maine without a helmet. I thought it was odd to see someone playing without a helmet indoors.

Cool video in any case
Helmet? Hell you have to have pretty much full pads for stick n puck here, except maybe shoulder pads.

The Kult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Huggy Bear*

Send a message via AIM to Huggy Bear*
This thread has sick potential!

Huggy Bear* is offline   Reply With Quote