http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2009/05...n-not-playing/

Greyhounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 07:02 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
I appreciate his attitude, but Wheeler might be the last guy I want to see on the ice right now. Not the post-December Wheeler anyway.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 07:21 PM
STRANGE VICTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
I appreciate his attitude, but Wheeler might be the last guy I want to see on the ice right now. Not the post-December Wheeler anyway.
completely agree, not happy at all that Thornton wasn't on the ice either. Not happy at all with how Julien has approached this series, not sure what is going through his head and I usually trust him, but some of his decisions I just can't bring myself to agree with, makes me think of Gainey's decision to use Price in every game against us. I would feel a lot more comfortable going into the next game with our lineup looking like

Axe-Savard-Kessel
Recchi-Bergeron-Kobasew
Lucic-Krejci-Ryder
Bitz-Yelle-Thornton

I don't want Chara being used as a shadow either, the other team should be trying to find ways to counter Chara, we should not be using Chara to counter Staal, Chara is the better player.

Finally we need to stop worrying about scoring pretty goals, we need to start controlling the puck, just control the puck and we will make things happen.

STRANGE VICTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 08:58 PM
babybruins

I went to the practice today. Bitz skated on Krejci's line, and since Recchi wasn't on the ice, Wheeler took his spot. It looks like Wheeler will be the healthy scratch in game 5.

babybruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Beantowns Best

Wheeler is my ''doghouse'' right now, he's always been a soft player, but when we are losing and he's not scoring it makes it that much more frustrating to watch!

Beantowns Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
He was in a cycle last night late in the third and ended up around the left wing half boards. He could have driven right into the high slot and ripped one, he looked for a millisecond, and just made the safe play.

Next year he cuts in and picks the corner.

It's confidence with some of these guys right now, especially Wheels. I'm more worried about the guys who were here last year.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 09:12 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Wheeler has just not been there...when the bruins came out of their slump wheeler must of been left behind because he has remained in a slump since the turn of the new year... I could swallow it if he at least used that body of his

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
The O'Reilly Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantowns Best View Post
Wheeler is my ''doghouse'' right now, he's always been a soft player, but when we are losing and he's not scoring it makes it that much more frustrating to watch!
You wouldn't care that Wheeler wasn't scoring if our best players were playing like it.

I just finished reading the Hunwick topic, and now after reading this post... some people need to take a step back. We've been thoroughly outplayed this series, and the injury to a 23 year old rookie and the lack of production from a 22 year old rookie had very little to do with it.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 09:20 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminated View Post
You wouldn't care that Wheeler wasn't scoring if our best players were playing like it.

I just finished reading the Hunwick topic, and now after reading this post... some people need to take a step back. We've been thoroughly outplayed this series, and the injury to a 23 year old rookie and the lack of production from a 22 year old rookie had very little to do with it.
Oh your right on. The fact that wheeler is playing like crap doesn't mean thats the reason we aren't winning right now. However, can you not call it one of the reasons? Our best players are not playing like our best players. And having 7 20 goal scorers NOT scoring means he is one of them.

At least guys like recchi is grinding it out (most hits in game 4?) The only thing i have seen wheeler do successfully is pass back to the point as soon as he has the puck in the offensive zone.

Our puck movement is horrible, the defense looks lost, and our offense is not being very offensive. Wheeler is just one of the many reasons we are not doing well, but why not bring it up?

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 10:39 PM
MD Bruins Fan

My two cents:

Wheeler out, SOB in. The kid played well for us last year in the playoffs, will bring a physical intensity, and will be ready to impress to he can stick around. That is of course, only if we can even do that at this point. I don't know the rules regarding this.

MD Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Wow, good to see that this team is actually having practice today...

Is anyone else as pissed as I am that this team was given the "day off" after the game 3 loss? I saw that they weren't practicing new drills and said, WHAT THE ****!? You give a team in the playoffs the day off after two horrible games? There wasn't anything you could have worked on? Are you ******* kidding me?

CJ is also on my **** list right now. It almost seems as though this guy doesn't want to change anything, because he thinks the team will automatically wake up. Well, CJ needs to wake up. Start coaching, and leading this team. I guess a ****** practices was a ******* start....

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 06:42 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminated View Post

This is exactly right. Bergeron needs to be better, Krejci needs to be better, Ryder needs to be better...heck, the whole team.

I think a glaring need, however, has shown itself in this series and that is the need for a true #2 defenseman with some mobility. I like Wideman and all, but he is not having a good series whatsoever and looks slower by the game.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:02 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
This is exactly right. Bergeron needs to be better, Krejci needs to be better, Ryder needs to be better...heck, the whole team.

I think a glaring need, however, has shown itself in this series and that is the need for a true #2 defenseman with some mobility. I like Wideman and all, but he is not having a good series whatsoever and looks slower by the game.
to me the biggest factor in the poor play has been the play of both Chara and Wideman. I never expected that these two would play so poorly in this series.
Wideman has been completely ineffective on the O and not very good on the D. Chara after G1 has basically been playing like a #3/4 dman, not the supposed Norris Trophy winner. This hasn't been a case of Chara/Wideman and the team playing well and just getting beaten by a team a little better. They have been awful and are an important factor in being down 3-1. If they give the same effort tonight as G2-4, its over.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:26 AM
deliciouspie
the best post

Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post

that's what happens when you have a pretty bad hip abductor injury

deliciouspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 01:29 PM
STRANGE VICTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post
Wow, good to see that this team is actually having practice today...

Is anyone else as pissed as I am that this team was given the "day off" after the game 3 loss? I saw that they weren't practicing new drills and said, WHAT THE ****!? You give a team in the playoffs the day off after two horrible games? There wasn't anything you could have worked on? Are you ******* kidding me?

CJ is also on my **** list right now. It almost seems as though this guy doesn't want to change anything, because he thinks the team will automatically wake up. Well, CJ needs to wake up. Start coaching, and leading this team. I guess a ****** practices was a ******* start....
I had the same feelings, the team wasn't playing poorly because they were tired, you give breaks because a team needs to rest not because they are playing poorly, I just didn't see the reasoning. Rest is not going to return the intensity to the team.

STRANGE VICTORY is offline   Reply With Quote