Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Haggs: No Recchi at pratice

Old
05-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Simonetti Fan Club

vCash: 500
Haggs: No Recchi at pratice

Recchi isn't skating at practice...Wheeler with Bergeron and Kobasew this afternoon...Bitz with Krejci and Ryder.

--Haggs

Simonetti Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Savynquick*

I'd be disappointed except for the fact that Rex has been such a no show in the playoffs that really this can't be that bad. Go get'm bitzy

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 12:57 PM
DOGSTARMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
I'd be disappointed except for the fact that Rex has been such a no show in the playoffs that really this can't be that bad. Go get'm bitzy
Recchi is 8th on the team in scoring (and plays on the 3rd line, so that seems okay). He had an assist last night in the big game. He was tied last night for the team lead in hits with 5 (with Chara) and had as many as our physical players (Bitz, Lucic, Kobasew) combined.

So I think you're just being disrespectful and ignorant to a guy who is headed to the HOF and is doing what he can at the end of his career. And what he can do is not that bad for a 3rd line veteran presence.

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:02 AM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

Recchi in tonight!

Just confirmed. The Reccking Ball will play tonight. Question is who won't? Let's hope Julien gets it right this time!

Sláinte!

Murph

hockeyscribe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:17 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyscribe22 View Post
Just confirmed. The Reccking Ball will play tonight. Question is who won't? Let's hope Julien gets it right this time!

Sláinte!

Murph
this is a Boston lock- and I have not said that since the SB against the Giants.

Carolina better be ready for game 6 because they are not winning in Boston any time soon.

Krejci will be one of three stars- bet your life saving HF people (if you have any)

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:31 AM
deliciouspie
the best post »»»»»

Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
instead of hoping julien gets it right in terms of what fourth line guy to sit let's hope that the first two lines actually play hockey in a way conducive to winning

but yeah it's totally julien's fault

deliciouspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:34 AM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

Not totally Julien's fault

But I do think he's struggled a bit in terms of adjusting. But hey, I'm a lousy hockey scribe and he's a candidate for the Jack Adams. But right now the Bruins need heart and work ethic, plain and simple. The talent is there, but that's rendered meaningless without hard work and heart!

Sláinte!

Murph

Old
05-10-2009, 08:42 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
To me the Bruins need to get past the 'stunned' what is happening here; after their wipe out of the Habs, their domination over the Canes during the season and the easiness they won game one with not their A game, they have to be wondering what hit them.

Tomorrow on these boards is going to be one of incredible optimism or ....can you imagine some of the threads and posts if they go out in this series and especially tonight

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Simonetti Fan Club

Quote:

Sláinte!

Murph

I have a feeling it would have taken a pack of wild horses and an entire Roman army to keep Recchi from playing in that game tonight, Murph. The Bruins will need all the help they can get, but if they win then the pressure gets tossed right on to the Hurricanes wanting to avoid a Game 7 in Boston.

Should be interesting...

--Haggs

Simonetti Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Ron & Anthony Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonetti Fan Club View Post
I have a feeling it would have taken a pack of wild horses and an entire Roman army to keep Recchi from playing in that game tonight, Murph.
It seems the Hurricanes have thrown everything but a Roman cavalry charge at us.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:21 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
But I do think he's struggled a bit in terms of adjusting. But hey, I'm a lousy hockey scribe and he's a candidate for the Jack Adams. But right now the Bruins need heart and work ethic, plain and simple. The talent is there, but that's rendered meaningless without hard work and heart!

Sláinte!

Murph
Julien has done a great job coaching the Bruins but I think at this point he is putting too much emphasis on the Chara/Staal matchup. You can see everytime Staal gets on the ice the Bruins only focus is to get the puck out so Chara can get on. The Bruins are a deep defensive oriented team who have prided themselves on limiting scoring opportunities against them AS A WHOLE TEAM. It's wasn't just Chara that shut down guys like Staal in the regular season, it was the whole 5-man unit on the ice, whoever it was. Bruins need to get back to that and worry less about the matchup. Depth is supposed to be Boston's advantage. Julien is not making full use of that advantage by focusing on a one vs. one matchup.

just mho.

CombatOnContact is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Ron & Anthony Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
Julien has done a great job coaching the Bruins but I think at this point he is putting too much emphasis on the Chara/Staal matchup. You can see everytime Staal gets on the ice the Bruins only focus is to get the puck out so Chara can get on. The Bruins are a deep defensive oriented team who have prided themselves on limiting scoring opportunities against them AS A WHOLE TEAM. It's wasn't just Chara that shut down guys like Staal in the regular season, it was the whole 5-man unit on the ice, whoever it was. Bruins need to get back to that and worry less about the matchup. Depth is supposed to be Boston's advantage. Julien is not making full use of that advantage by focusing on a one vs. one matchup.

just mho.
It's absolutely true, and if Julien hasn't realized it now, he's not going to.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:49 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminated View Post
It's absolutely true, and if Julien hasn't realized it now, he's not going to.
it's not just Julien though, it's also the players (though it's Julien who should be conveying this message). The guys on the ice need to have a little more confidence in their own abilities to play against Staal. Seriously when Staal's on the ice, you can just feel the momentum shift automatically, everyone is watching Staal, everyone looks at Chara, Chara stands up and the Bruins try desparately to get puck control so they can dump it out and get him on the ice. That's taking away ALOT from the Bruins ability to play the game. Just focus on the things they do well. And one they do not do well is play a Chara matchup game.

CombatOnContact is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:13 AM
camnly

I think we are all losing perspective. We are not as bad as we have looked. The B's have been more than we could have asked for this year. Winning 1 round was a must, but this team needs playoff experience. So as bad as this possible outing by the Canes will feel, in the long run (next year and the year after) the B's will be better for it. I am tired of the finger pointing by fans, if ever there was a time for unconditional support it is now. We should be proud of these Bruins regardless of how this ends.

camnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:

Sláinte!

Murph
Struggled a bit at adapting is an understatement. I don't rule him out yet, he has a history of coaching comebacks from being down 3-1... but I really hope he proves me wrong and adapts to the Canes. The Bruins have been trying the same thing over and over and it isn't working.

I started to worry a bit more after the first period the other night when he was interviewed. He seemed to think it was just luck that wasn't going our way. That's part of it, but we certainly aren't doing anything to help make luck go our way either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post

just mho.
This is what I see as well. Been saying that matchup is killing us since game 2.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:23 AM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

Agreed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonetti Fan Club View Post
I have a feeling it would have taken a pack of wild horses and an entire Roman army to keep Recchi from playing in that game tonight, Murph. The Bruins will need all the help they can get, but if they win then the pressure gets tossed right on to the Hurricanes wanting to avoid a Game 7 in Boston.

Should be interesting...

--Haggs
And that is pretty much what he told me. Question remains, who doesn't play?

Sláinte!

Murph

Old
05-10-2009, 11:24 AM
patty59

Quote:
And that is pretty much what he told me. Question remains, who doesn't play?

Sláinte!

Murph
My guess is Wheeler sits

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Savynquick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post
Recchi is 8th on the team in scoring (and plays on the 3rd line, so that seems okay). He had an assist last night in the big game. He was tied last night for the team lead in hits with 5 (with Chara) and had as many as our physical players (Bitz, Lucic, Kobasew) combined.

So I think you're just being disrespectful and ignorant to a guy who is headed to the HOF and is doing what he can at the end of his career. And what he can do is not that bad for a 3rd line veteran presence.
Oh I must have missed the part where HOF players can't be called out? I'll remember that next time anyone going to the HOF has a few bad games. Also lol at using the 3rd line excuse. You know how evenly we roll our lines. And you know Rex is on the powerplay too. Look it's not rocket science. Rex was popping goals like mad for us in the regular season, now he isn't. Calling it how I see it...

Old
05-10-2009, 11:36 AM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

does the fact that he was the most physical player in game 4 mean anything? Its one thing to NOT be doing your job, and at least take the body. What about those who aren't doing either?

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Savynquick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
does the fact that he was the most physical player in game 4 mean anything? Its one thing to NOT be doing your job, and at least take the body. What about those who aren't doing either?
Keep in mind I'd name a list of 5-6 players I think are under performing along side old Rex. He's not alone, but this thread was created to talk about him, so he's being singled out as a result...

Old
05-10-2009, 12:34 PM
HumBucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Tomorrow on these boards is going to be one of incredible optimism or ....can you imagine some of the threads and posts if they go out in this series and especially tonight
I will have to imagine them, because I'm not masochistic enough to come here to read all the negativity. It would suck, but life goes on.

HumBucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Savynquick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumBucker View Post
I will have to imagine them, because I'm not masochistic enough to come here to read all the negativity. It would suck, but life goes on.
It's possible that in 6-7 days, the Sharks, Red Wings, Canucks, Bruins, Caps and Devils would all be gone. That's ever team 1-2-3 in both conferences. That certainly takes away the sting of a 2nd round exit to me...

Old
05-10-2009, 01:50 PM
STRANGE VICTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
It's possible that in 6-7 days, the Sharks, Red Wings, Canucks, Bruins, Caps and Devils would all be gone. That's ever team 1-2-3 in both conferences. That certainly takes away the sting of a 2nd round exit to me...
I would be ok with it only if the B's put up some fight, if Carolina was winning by being the better team I would be bitter but alright, Carolina might be the better team, but they are winning right now because Boston doesn't seem to care about the games at all. The other series have all been hard fought battles where it seems it can go either way but the top team just ends up out, aside from the Sharks who probably were not the better team but didn't show up for all their games like they should have. The Wings are playing well but the Ducks play their game perfectly, the Blackhawks are no pushover, the Devils I suppose didn't play great but atleast pushed it to 7, 2 of the games they lost in the final minutes though, which has to hurt. Pitts. has not been the same team since the All Star break.

STRANGE VICTORY is offline   Reply With Quote