HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft Talk : Live From Montreal! Part II

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2009, 03:48 PM
DaHabMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Like I said, I'm not against the idea, especially with the number of good looking centers in this year's draft. However, if the BPA is a d-man or winger, I wouldn't mind the team drafting that player.

By the way, Jokinen was traded twice in the last year.
i agree with what you said as we should always go for bpa but as youve said also with the number of good centers this year it would bother me that we didnt get in on that. Its not gonna be the end of the world if we draft a center or winger, im still gonna be rooting for him to make it and at the least its gonna help the depth of our prospect pool at that specific position but with the number of good centers this year, i dont know but it would just annoy me a little that we didnt get one. If theres ever a time to get one, that time is this year. Yeah jokinen but we didnt get him and hes gonna be a free agent next year. We'll see.

Old
05-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

I just hope we draft players with grit, power and determination but who could still potentially play on a top line... well, especially with our 1st pick... As for the BPA, it's up to Timmins personal views... in 2007, he went for needs, and well we got some good ones. This year, IMO we need centers AND physical players more than anything... a skilled center ? a physical stay-at-home D ? Perfect !

Old
05-09-2009, 04:57 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

I don't know if this is the best place to ask, and I do understand this is where you discuss the draft for your team, but does anyone know what time the whole event starts?

Old
05-09-2009, 08:36 PM
DaHabMan

i think its at noon or 1 pm on friday june 26th (rounds 1 and 2) and then the rest on the next day.

Old
05-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mara View Post
I don't know if this is the best place to ask, and I do understand this is where you discuss the draft for your team, but does anyone know what time the whole event starts?
I believe it will be the same as the last two years whereby Round 1 is shown Friday evening during prime time hours (7pm eastern) and then Rounds 2-7 take place starting Saturday morning and finish up early in the afternoon.

Old
05-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
a physical stay-at-home D ? Perfect !
If we would go that way, a guy like Seth Helgeson should be considered. I'm still not to sure I like him. Not sold on his skating and feet speed. But he's tough and reliable.

Old
05-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If we would go that way, a guy like Seth Helgeson should be considered. I'm still not to sure I like him. Not sold on his skating and feet speed. But he's tough and reliable.
If Komi is offered a contract (and I sure hope so), well he's what looks closer to a stay-at-home D... and he's mostly alone in that respect.

I wouldn't mind a prospect in the mold of a Ken Daneyko, Willie Mitchell, Colin White, Scott Hannan, Karlis Skrastins, etc... in fact, with all the offensive and 2-way D we have in our system, I think it's a need...

Old
05-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Chomsky

Carl Klingberg sounds very interesting. A bruising LWer who hands and who can skate. I'll try to watch one or two games of his. Apparently he was tied for Sweden with most goals in the u18 tournament with 3 in 4 games.

Old
05-09-2009, 11:36 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Carl Klingberg sounds very interesting. A bruising LWer who hands and who can skate. I'll try to watch one or two games of his. Apparently he was tied for Sweden with most goals in the u18 tournament with 3 in 4 games.
Really got a man crush on him. He's everything we need. Really. Sounds like a warrior.

Old
05-10-2009, 12:18 AM
DaHabMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
his name sounds like if he was a swedish klingon

Old
05-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
If Komi is offered a contract (and I sure hope so), well he's what looks closer to a stay-at-home D... and he's mostly alone in that respect.

I wouldn't mind a prospect in the mold of a Ken Daneyko, Willie Mitchell, Colin White, Scott Hannan, Karlis Skrastins, etc... in fact, with all the offensive and 2-way D we have in our system, I think it's a need...

I would think that we have one of those ... His name is MacDonagh. Also I think OByrne still has to potential to get there.

Old
05-10-2009, 02:06 PM
vokiel
No trades with EDM

Prospect: Evander Kane

Not another thread about how we can snatch Tavares, no. Instead a thread on how we can snatch Evander Kane. How original

The draft positions:

1. Islanders
2. Lightning
3. Avalanche
4. Thrashers
5. Kings

So what do you think it would cost us to be able to draft Kane in the first round? One of the most interesting centres IMHO.

I'm going to say a miracle, before anyone does. Seriously, does anyone think it is feasible and how?

Old
05-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Habsfan18

This will probably be moved to the draft thread.

Old
05-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Slim to none.

Old
05-10-2009, 02:47 PM
GoodKiwi

Will it be the Thrashers that snatch him up, you think?

Old
05-10-2009, 02:53 PM
vokiel
No trades with EDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Will it be the Thrashers that snatch him up, you think?
It is very probable, they do have some good Centre prospects already however. I'm not entirely sure we could convince them to give up their 1st for a package and our 1st.

Old
05-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
I haven't heard that they were brothers during the entire World Juniors, so I assume they aren't, but are Evander and Patrick Kane brothers? Two Kane's going top-5 in just a couple seasons, it sounds like they must be related somehow

Old
05-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
It is very probable, they do have some good Centre prospects already however. I'm not entirely sure we could convince them to give up their 1st for a package and our 1st.
There's no way Kane drops past 16th pick and considering all the UFA we have this summer, we're in no position to trade roster players for a pick(a player not ready to play immediately).

So you can forget about us trading up in this draft. If anything, we'll be trading our pick in a package for an established player in the NHL.

I think that's the most likely scenario.

Old
05-10-2009, 03:13 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I haven't heard that they were brothers during the entire World Juniors, so I assume they aren't, but are Evander and Patrick Kane brothers? Two Kane's going top-5 in just a couple seasons, it sounds like they must be related somehow
I'm not sure...

Old
05-10-2009, 03:22 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'm not sure...

Maybe they're brothers from different mothers..... and fathers.

Old
05-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
alright i guess that answers my question but maybe Ms. Kane slept with the plumber or something....they ARE brothers, i KNOW it

Old
05-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Chomsky

He doesn't worth trading up for.

Old
05-10-2009, 03:41 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
alright i guess that answers my question but maybe Ms. Kane slept with the plumber or something....they ARE brothers, i KNOW it
Another small glitch in your theory is that Patrick is American and Evander is Canadian. Mrs.Kane didn't discriminate that's for sure.

Old
05-10-2009, 03:46 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I'm not sure...

Well one is definitly a brother.

Old
05-10-2009, 03:57 PM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Not another thread about how we can snatch Tavares, no. Instead a thread on how we can snatch Evander Kane. How original

The draft positions:

1. Islanders
2. Lightning
3. Avalanche
4. Thrashers
5. Kings

So what do you think it would cost us to be able to draft Kane in the first round? One of the most interesting centres IMHO.

I'm going to say a miracle, before anyone does. Seriously, does anyone think it is feasible and how?
Actually, I would not give up much to draft Kane. Think he is potential bust. Or disappointment be better word. I would be content just to stay where we are and draft Kreider. If he is gone, I would trade down a few notches and pick up a 2nd round pick for doing so.

Closed Thread