HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Paul Brown

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2004, 11:54 AM
saskhab

vCash: 500
Paul Brown

Anyone here have any idea what Milwaukee plans to do with Brown this year? He's signed by Nashville, but has an automatic roster spot as an overager for Saskatoon of the WHL. Coach Mollekon wants to keep him around to be a first liner. Could be a breakout year for him in the WHL, rather than playing 4th line in the AHL or ECHL hockey if he's playing pro. He's playing this weekend for the Blades, but I assume Milwaukee training camp doesn't start until next week.

BTW, he was dropped by Kamloops for "off-ice trouble" before training camp began, and Saskatoon picked him up by arrangement. He's looked great during the exhibition and training camp season.

Oh yeah, and NMK, come back to OTP once in a while!

Old
09-22-2004, 04:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
Anyone here have any idea what Milwaukee plans to do with Brown this year? He's signed by Nashville, but has an automatic roster spot as an overager for Saskatoon of the WHL. Coach Mollekon wants to keep him around to be a first liner. Could be a breakout year for him in the WHL, rather than playing 4th line in the AHL or ECHL hockey if he's playing pro. He's playing this weekend for the Blades, but I assume Milwaukee training camp doesn't start until next week.

BTW, he was dropped by Kamloops for "off-ice trouble" before training camp began, and Saskatoon picked him up by arrangement. He's looked great during the exhibition and training camp season.

Oh yeah, and NMK, come back to OTP once in a while!

1. He's expected to be an Admiral this year, and since they don't really NEED him(Severson plays a similar game, with more experience), I'd like to see him play for the Blades..but..I doubt it's going to happen. Milwaukee Training camp begins the 26th.

2. Hopefully he gets his act together, but who knows. A lot of people don't like Upshall for that reason.

3. OTP! i couldn't for the life of me even remember the name of the site. Honestly...I gave it the ol' college try, and there were some terrific posters over there(Av-merican, Cali, you, etc etc) and it was a lot of fun, but it got kind of old posting to myself on the Nashville board, and I couldn't seem to get\keep any posters there, as most Preds fans are loyal to this board or the more unintelligent ones like the official preds site's boards . maybe someday

Old
09-22-2004, 07:29 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
hopefully he'll stay in the whl with saskatoon and get a wake up call by molleken, as it's a no nonsense atmosphere there this year...

for development, imo he isn't good enough to play ahl yet and would be much better off in saskatoon

Old
09-27-2004, 10:42 AM
saskhab

Well, despite earlier reports to the contrary, Brown was not in the lineup for the opening home-and-home series vs. Moose Jaw. Turns out the Blades didn't need him, as Brown's replacement on the top line, Wacey Rabbit, got 3 goals and 2 assists. However, he is still listed as with the team, so if he doesn't make the Admirals at training camp, he could still end up back with the Blades. Otherwise, he'll be ECHL bound (assuming Milwaukee has a ECHL affiliate).

Old
09-27-2004, 01:24 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
Otherwise, he'll be ECHL bound (assuming Milwaukee has a ECHL affiliate).
they sure don't. well at least nashville doesn't. somehow I assume that means the Ads don't either. NMK?

Old
09-27-2004, 01:35 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
they sure don't. well at least nashville doesn't. somehow I assume that means the Ads don't either. NMK?

I think they may have a UHL affiliate? I know Ivanans and Bathe played games for Milwaukee and some games for a team in the UHL

Old
09-27-2004, 05:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I think they may have a UHL affiliate? I know Ivanans and Bathe played games for Milwaukee and some games for a team in the UHL

They have neither a UHL nor ECHL affiliate, but they do borrow players from different teams as needed. As far as assigning them to lower tier teams, they don't do that. Brown will either make the Admirals or return to the Blades, but I think Nashville wouldn't have signed him if he wasn't expected to make the Admirals outright.

Old
09-27-2004, 09:08 PM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
They have neither a UHL nor ECHL affiliate, but they do borrow players from different teams as needed. As far as assigning them to lower tier teams, they don't do that. Brown will either make the Admirals or return to the Blades, but I think Nashville wouldn't have signed him if he wasn't expected to make the Admirals outright.
I'm not so sure. A lot of teams signed players before Sept. 15 because they were uncertain what the rules would be regarding holding players' rights if a lockout lasted a full year. There's a lot of uncertainty as to how long a player's rights can be held during a lockout...

Under the old CBA (which Brown was drafted), he remained Nashville Predator property until June 1, 2005. With a lockout, teams can't sign any more players. If it goes a full year, and June 1st happens and he isn't signed, they might have lost him. There's a lot of grey area regarding prospects and the draft right now...

Closed Thread