HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

17th Obsequious Banter Thread: 17% Better Cap Management, Homer

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2009, 09:12 PM
UseYourAllusion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Supremely frustrating game, I'll go on a short rant about my morning.

A) Had to return my rental car back to 30th street, hit some kind of cancer walk coming off 76, had took like 45 minutes to get through it, barely make it back by 11.

B) Come back and see that our starting 11 has Silvestre, Nasri at DM, Diaby at LM (I hate Diaby), Cesc at AM, and RvP at lone striker.

Shoot myself.

C) Drogba (I guess Wednesday's disgrace isn't enough) dives for FK, Silvestre watches as Alex wins the header, Fabianski thinks it's going over, off the crossbar and in.

Shoot myself.

D) Anelka gets away from Nasri (I like Nasri, but that's why you don't play him at DM), isn't closed down by Silvestre or Toure (no surprise), takes a shot that Fabianski should save but doesn't.

Shoot myself.

E) We forget how to play defense on the right, Theo beaten by Cashley Cole, Fabianski in no man's land, 3-0.

Shoot myself.

F) Bendtner scores, gives me hope.

G) Adebayor fluffs 2 easy chances and has a disgraceful dive on the 2nd one to boot.

Shoot myself.

H) Nice buildup from Chelsea against our non-existent midfield and porous backline. 4-1.

Shoot myself.

So yeah, it was a rough day. I mean, I'm not one of the Gooners who thinks we should win something every year, we're not a megaclub like the other 3 English clubs, Madrid/Barca, Bayern Munich, or any of the 3 Italian clubs.

I don't mind waiting 10 years if progress is being made. But when I saw that starting XI, I knew we were going to get tonked and so it passed. I love Wenger, club legend, but he has really lost the plot recently.

It's like watching your girlfriend who you are madly in love with slowly turn into a retard and you don't know what to do.

The best part about these last few years (it's only been 4 years without a trophy after all) is that a lot of the bandwagon fans are falling off the bandwagon, some guys on XT were saying stuff like, "this club don't deserve to be supported till they start winning again" which is pathetic. Arsenal are still a great club and I'm spoiled that I support them instead of a smaller club.

But at the same time, today was frustrating. I really don't like a lot of our players just from the personal standpoint.

EDIT: We did play well today for the most part to which is the most frustrating thing, Theo has been struggling for form recently.
I turned that game on, saw it was 2-0 Chelsea and turned it off. Most unlikeable team ever.

<-- Drogba, *******

Old
05-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Ri hards

Soooo...who wants to lend me $370K so I can buy me a sweet apartment? It's in CAD so I'm thinking you American folk can toss a little change my way....

http://www.coratowers.com/ (Floor plan E2)

I saw the place today...the suite is amazing. The floor to ceilling windows + the view = epic win.

Seriously though...who knows anything about how apartment lease-to-owning works? I'm a first time buyer and have no idea what I can actually afford.

Old
05-10-2009, 09:21 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I guess he didn't expect Toure to block the shot.

Young mistake I suppose? I understand he is supposedly their long term solution.
Nah he's not the long-term guy, you just need a decent backup these days, unfortunately, Fabianski stretches the definition of "decent."

@ UseYourAllusion, Drogba is an incredible blend of talent and power, but he's also one of the most unlikable people in football. How hasn't he been suspended for at least 8 games for that outburst on Wednesday?

Old
05-10-2009, 09:22 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
Soooo...who wants to lend me $370K so I can buy me a sweet apartment? It's in CAD so I'm thinking you American folk can toss a little change my way....

http://www.coratowers.com/ (Floor plan E2)

I saw the place today...the suite is amazing. The floor to ceilling windows + the view = epic win.

Seriously though...who knows anything about how apartment lease-to-owning works? I'm a first time buyer and have no idea what I can actually afford.
I just rent so I wouldn't know much about actually buying, but that place looks frickin sweet.

Old
05-10-2009, 09:25 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
@ UseYourAllusion, Drogba is an incredible blend of talent and power, but he's also one of the most unlikable people in football. How hasn't he been suspended for at least 8 games for that outburst on Wednesday?
I have no idea how he hasn't at least been told that it wasn't okay.

Drogba should be an absolute monster. Few, if any, players are as strong as he is, but he flops to the ground like he's been shot if someone even grazes his shirt.

Old
05-10-2009, 09:31 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I have no idea how he hasn't at least been told that it wasn't okay.

Drogba should be an absolute monster. Few, if any, players are as strong as he is, but he flops to the ground like he's been shot if someone even grazes his shirt.
The thing is that someone needs to get the balls to stand up to these guys. I mean, when I saw him flip over on that Fabregas foul, I thought, "dive" immediately, it was pretty frickin obvious. A ref with any kind of balls goes over, yellow cards him, and moves on, confident in the support from the FA.

Unfortunately, no refs have those kind of balls, they just want the players to like them.

Old
05-10-2009, 09:38 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
The thing is that someone needs to get the balls to stand up to these guys. I mean, when I saw him flip over on that Fabregas foul, I thought, "dive" immediately, it was pretty frickin obvious. A ref with any kind of balls goes over, yellow cards him, and moves on, confident in the support from the FA.

Unfortunately, no refs have those kind of balls, they just want the players to like them.
I don't know quite how it'd work, considering the limited changes, but making players who cause the trainers to come on the field come off, might be something to explore.

Old
05-10-2009, 09:43 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I don't know quite how it'd work, considering the limited changes, but making players who cause the trainers to come on the field come off, might be something to explore.
Yeah, I'd love to see that if you have an injury that requires a trainer, you need to stay off the field for 5 minutes unless you're substituted.

Old
05-10-2009, 09:53 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Yeah, I'd love to see that if you have an injury that requires a trainer, you need to stay off the field for 5 minutes unless you're substituted.
The downside would be a reduction in the amount of times I get to laugh at the miracle spray.

Old
05-10-2009, 10:00 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
I'll be honest, I only like Chelsea because coming out of the World Cup, they had the most guys I recognized from it when I started watching.

Old
05-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Ri hards

my buddy just put me through a crash course...if I can pony up a 25% downpayment, it'd cost me $1800 a month @ a 6.5% 10 year fixed term for 25 years.

I think I might have to go for plan B...
http://www.liveatanvil.com

This is the suite I'm looking at:
http://www.liveatanvil.com/pdf/plan_d.pdf

Suite costs $250 000-$275 000...if I can put down the 25% down payment with a 6.5% 10-year fixed rate mortgage for 25 years I'd pay $1300 a month.

This would actually be viable....****. I just need to get this down payment together.

Old
05-10-2009, 11:49 PM
silver surfer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
my buddy just put me through a crash course...if I can pony up a 25% downpayment, it'd cost me $1800 a month @ a 6.5% 10 year fixed term for 25 years.

I think I might have to go for plan B...
http://www.liveatanvil.com

This is the suite I'm looking at:
http://www.liveatanvil.com/pdf/plan_d.pdf

Suite costs $250 000-$275 000...if I can put down the 25% down payment with a 6.5% 10-year fixed rate mortgage for 25 years I'd pay $1300 a month.

This would actually be viable....****. I just need to get this down payment together.
Looks nice...you should be able to do a 35 year mortgage which would lower your payments a bit and floating interest rates are ~3.25% now so you could save a few bucks there as well. Although the math you're using is good to make sure you really can afford what you end up buying. Presuming you're including the condo fees, property taxes, etc...

I don't know if you guys have Pointe of View developers out in BC, but if you do, run away. Run away as fast as you can. That would be the best advice I could give you on buying a high rise apartment style condo in Western Canada.

Old
05-10-2009, 11:57 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Supremely frustrating game, I'll go on a short rant about my morning.

A) Had to return my rental car back to 30th street, hit some kind of cancer walk coming off 76, had took like 45 minutes to get through it, barely make it back by 11.

B) Come back and see that our starting 11 has Silvestre, Nasri at DM, Diaby at LM (I hate Diaby), Cesc at AM, and RvP at lone striker.

Shoot myself.

C) Drogba (I guess Wednesday's disgrace isn't enough) dives for FK, Silvestre watches as Alex wins the header, Fabianski thinks it's going over, off the crossbar and in.

Shoot myself.

D) Anelka gets away from Nasri (I like Nasri, but that's why you don't play him at DM), isn't closed down by Silvestre or Toure (no surprise), takes a shot that Fabianski should save but doesn't.

Shoot myself.

E) We forget how to play defense on the right, Theo beaten by Cashley Cole, Fabianski in no man's land, 3-0.

Shoot myself.

F) Bendtner scores, gives me hope.

G) Adebayor fluffs 2 easy chances and has a disgraceful dive on the 2nd one to boot.

Shoot myself.

H) Nice buildup from Chelsea against our non-existent midfield and porous backline. 4-1.

Shoot myself.

So yeah, it was a rough day. I mean, I'm not one of the Gooners who thinks we should win something every year, we're not a megaclub like the other 3 English clubs, Madrid/Barca, Bayern Munich, or any of the 3 Italian clubs.

I don't mind waiting 10 years if progress is being made. But when I saw that starting XI, I knew we were going to get tonked and so it passed. I love Wenger, club legend, but he has really lost the plot recently.

It's like watching your girlfriend who you are madly in love with slowly turn into a retard and you don't know what to do.

The best part about these last few years (it's only been 4 years without a trophy after all) is that a lot of the bandwagon fans are falling off the bandwagon, some guys on XT were saying stuff like, "this club don't deserve to be supported till they start winning again" which is pathetic. Arsenal are still a great club and I'm spoiled that I support them instead of a smaller club.

But at the same time, today was frustrating. I really don't like a lot of our players just from the personal standpoint.

EDIT: We did play well today for the most part to which is the most frustrating thing, Theo has been struggling for form recently.

Damn. Maybe goin' on a bender was in order.

I was watching the game with a buddy who brought along his Danish labmate. All of us were impartial, just hoping for a quality match. Fabianski freezing on the Alex header sent me into a rage. I was a keeper for a few years when I played competitively and his lack of movement bothered me a lot. Otherwise, we had a good morning, especially after Bendtner scored one for the Danish guy.

At least the Gunners can put a dent in United armour at Old Trafford in a couple weeks.

Old
05-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Opus

I was photographing my buddy's cyclocross race today, when I stumbled across this bike...

Very cool.

Old
05-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Maybe he needs to take lessons with Joe Banner.

Old
05-11-2009, 01:05 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

shouldnt the title be : 17th Obsequious Banter Thread: 17% Better Cap Management, Holmer?

Old
05-11-2009, 07:44 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Trey from Phish remembers the Spectrum:

Old
05-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
So I saw Star Trek last night. That movie was ****ing awesome. Also, another word of advice. If anyone is planning on seeing the movie 'Little Ashes,' don't bother. I went all the way up to nyc on Saturday to see it since it's not playing around here, and the only thing that saved the trip was getting hammered at an Irish bar that had an awesome Irish bartender. Let's just say the taxi ride back to Penn station and train ride itself was not fun drunk.

Old
05-11-2009, 08:20 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
I was photographing my buddy's cyclocross race today, when I stumbled across this bike...

Very cool.
New avy time for you man.

Like you don't change it enough anyway.

Old
05-11-2009, 08:47 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

nothing wrong with a little avvie change. i think i might go back to my animals, the hot chicks tend to be harbingers of losing streaks.

Old
05-11-2009, 10:33 AM
IrishSniper87

Coffee is kick ass.

Old
05-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

No, I think I found 'the one'. This avy is here to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
nothing wrong with a little avvie change. i think i might go back to my animals, the hot chicks tend to be harbingers of losing streaks.
True. Although, I must admit I familiarize myself with your avy's...and not necessarily your usernames. It can be a little hectic!

Old
05-11-2009, 10:57 AM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
I approve my new Avy

Old
05-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post