HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Antropov the solution?

View Poll Results: How much would you spend for Antropov? (1 year)
3 millions 22 14.01%
4 millions 44 28.03%
5 millions 4 2.55%
6 millions 1 0.64%
more than 6 millions 4 2.55%
I do not want Antropov 82 52.23%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-09-2009, 12:53 AM
LesCanadiens

vCash: 500
We need more size and grit up front - He could replace Plekanec any day, IMO.

Too many creampuffs scared to get hit to make plays on our team - I can't wait to see the Kost bros and Plekanec replaced by players that would go through 3 brick walls for the CH on the sweater. Although he's streaky, Andropov has always seemed to be willing.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 01:16 AM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
I mean slow and lazy.... for a reason I don't know, I can't edit my posts anymore.
Some guys are fast and hard working but since they're so freaking small, they never touch the puck, at least Antropov does.

However, I don't think he'd be THE solution but he could definitely be part of it.

Last edited by flappuck: 05-10-2009 at 12:58 PM.
flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 07:59 AM
ibeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
Dumb statement...really dumb. Maybe because hockey is a team sport?

When you have to many of these players, then that's what your team becomes. look at the players that are here right now. How many of the forwards show up every single game?

Kovalev,koivu,kostitsyn,plekanec,tanguay

Antropov would fit into this group (if these players are still around next year) and then it just be another mistake by management.

ibeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbanator76 View Post
Are you insinuating that you want to keep this bunch together next year? I don't know, but I personnally want Gainey to change the face of this team as much as possible. We've been an inconsistent, small, non-physical and intimidated team for way too long. We're going absolutely nowhere as it stands.

Caseofcups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 09:19 AM
marchabsfan

and you think the same one who created that team will be able to create that something...hummm

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:05 AM
JrHockeyFan

Antropov is a solution alright . . . a poisonous one

I suspect that whoever signs that guy to a deal of any length is going to get burned big time

Never saw a player who seemed incapable of either staying healthy an entire campaign OR motivated. Last year was the first time he came close to playing a full season at 81 games. He averages about 64 games a yr normally and he turns 30

He's a perfect fit for the Rangers. Leave him there

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:15 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

I read a few posts in this thread.

Anyone who called Antropov lazy needs to give their head a shake, he's a hard worker.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:51 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

Anyone who called Antropov lazy needs to give their head a shake, he's a hard worker.

I wouldn't characterize him as lazy. He just seems to turn it on and off a lot though. He will be hot and streaky followed by long cold stretches. Since he usually starts fast one has to wonder about conditioning and health aspects

He will be 30 next year. He does not strike me as the kind of guy who will be one of those guys who takes hisgame well into his 30's

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs12max View Post
You would spit on a player that is actually better than all but 2 of our players? I love the habs but I also like the Rangers and Iv'e followed Antropov's contribution with the Rangers and on the Rangers board the fans would like to Keep Antropov over Zherdev and just love Antropov.

Fixed.

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:32 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Once again, people really are underestimating other players based on their reputations on these boards. If you actually watched him play, you'd know that even if he's not THE sloution, he'd bring a lot of things to a team like us in big needs of big talented bodies to play on the top-6.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

Antropov is a bit like Samsonov. He WOULD have been useful as a rental player (and perhaps then resigned), but not as a UFA pickup outright.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:34 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jacques Demers View Post
Antropov is a bit like Samsonov. He WOULD have been useful as a rental player (and perhaps then resigned), but not as a UFA pickup outright.
Dude. You couldn't be more wrong.

Old
05-10-2009, 12:46 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs12max View Post
Lang's production isn't as good as Antropov 's production...I don't know, maybe some of you just watch the habs .
I agree, 90% of the posters here.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:48 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

you are perfectly right

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jacques Demers View Post
I think Antropov would be a great 2nd line center. If we get him in hope of being our #1 guy, we'll be disappointed and once again the fans/media will make his life miserable.

But if let's say we do get Vinny, and then add Antropov, re-sign Koivu, then we'd be in business.
Alas, we'll probably get neither, but we do need to make a switch down the middle and bring in some size.

If Antropov can stay healthy, he's a great asset, but I'm not too sure about his leadership skills and how he'd respond to having the role of #1 Center in a market like Mtl.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 09:18 AM
neofury*

I'd give him 3-4 and I do think he is the solution, currently. I think he's a step in the right direction and would be good to have 2-3 years down the line if and when we do land that #1 C. (He could be a solid 2nd line C and is BIG himself!)

I think he could be a piece to build around and would definitely be a good aquisition.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 09:58 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Antropov? Seriously now.
He is a bum. Can't get anymore clear then that.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 10:22 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Once again, people really are underestimating other players based on their reputations on these boards. If you actually watched him play, you'd know that even if he's not THE sloution, he'd bring a lot of things to a team like us in big needs of big talented bodies to play on the top-6.
So it's only a reputation that he cannot play a full season?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:44 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
So it's only a reputation that he cannot play a full season?
Oh, because our team clearly is full of warriors right now... He'd still be putting up a better effort than half of the roster this past year.

Old
05-11-2009, 11:57 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Oh, because our team clearly is full of warriors right now... He'd still be putting up a better effort than half of the roster this past year.
What does that have to do with anything? So him putting up a great effort eating a hot dog in the stands 20+ games a year make him a good selection?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Kafka

Antropov is not a solution. What this team needs is a solid all around player able to put on hiw own shoulder the pressure of thousands of maniacodepressive Habs fans.

And Antropov isn't that guy.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 05:16 PM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Antropov is not a solution. What this team needs is a solid all around player able to put on hiw own shoulder the pressure of thousands of maniacodepressive Habs fans.

And Antropov isn't that guy.
It's a team game and as far as I'm concerned, Antropov could be part of the solution.

There is no ONE player out there that could be the solution.

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 09:12 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
It's a team game and as far as I'm concerned, Antropov could be part of the solution.

There is no ONE player out there that could be the solution.
Agreed.

Not saying he could replace Koivu, but he could definitely be a step in the right direction of getting rid of plekanecs if he still underperforms, and replacing Lang.

He's a big center and definitely I'd say signing him for 4-5 seasons would be a definite step in the right direction, then sign Gaborik as well. Then wait 1-2 seasons, sign a big center, if not Kovalchuk may come available next season and at that rate we'd have two of the most offensively talented players in the NHL, I'm sure they'd be able to get some points with Koivu (a small C) if necessary

I know it's just a pipe dream though either way, but definitely on the Antropov front we could find a #1 C in a few years or via trade. I'd risk it on Joe Thornton over Vinny tho.

Having INSERTBIGNAME center as your #1 C and Antropov as your 2nd line C, Pleks as a 3rd if you can't get rid of him, doesn't sound bad at all.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote