HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philly TB Minn

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-11-2009, 01:49 PM
  #1
puckMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NM by way of MN
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
Philly TB Minn

Philly in - Harding,PMB,09 4th(Minn)

Philly out - Lupul,09 1st



TB in - Lupul,Gillies,09 1st (Philly) 10 1st (Minn)

TB out - Lecavalier



Minn in - Lecavalier

Minn out - Harding,PMB,Gillies,10 1st,09 4th

puckMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:52 PM
  #2
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
Ehhh. Isn't Harding a UFA or RFA or something?

I wish I kept up with Minnesota better.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:56 PM
  #3
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,318
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
the flyers don't want PMB; defeats the purpose of dealing lupul if we just get another heavy contract back.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
  #4
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,231
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
From a philly fans perspective:

PMB for Lupul is a pretty even trade straight up, true? I'm guessing the thought here being that Lupul is a better fit with Lecavlier than PMB? I think PMB would be a better fit with Hartnell and Carter for what it's worth.
So the trade comes down to our 09 1st for Harding and a fourth? A first is a too much to pay for a goalie that played 11 games last year on a team known for making their goalies look good (Harding is also an RFA that you probably aren't resigning). A fourth is not making up that value difference IMO. Particularly since the depth of this year's draft makes that first pick more valuable than usual.


Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 05-11-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 02:09 PM
  #5
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBearMountain View Post
Ehhh. Isn't Harding a UFA or RFA or something?

I wish I kept up with Minnesota better.
Yeah, a RFA.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 02:09 PM
  #6
puckMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NM by way of MN
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
From a philly fans perspective:

PMB for Lupul is a pretty even trade straight up, true? I'm guessing the thought here being that Lupul is a better fit with Lecavlier than PMB? I think PMB would be a better fit with Hartnell and Carter for what it's worth. So the trade comes down to our 09 1st for Harding and a fourth? A first is a too much to pay for a goalie that played 11 games last year for a team known for making their goalies look good. A fourth is making up the difference IMO. Make it a 3rd and I would do the trade.
Lupul is going to TB and Vinny to Minn,so fit is not an issue.Also the Wild don't have a 3rd round pick in 09,could throw in an extra 4th.

puckMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 02:13 PM
  #7
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
I'd rather just do Lupul for Harding. We'd take on salary in that original deal, once we signed Harding. Can't do that.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 02:16 PM
  #8
madpooh
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 786
vCash: 500
cant see tampa not getting a better offer for TB Lecavalier than

Lupul, Gillies, 09 1st (Philly) 10 1st (Minn)

madpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 02:30 PM
  #9
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,231
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckMAN View Post
Lupul is going to TB and Vinny to Minn,so fit is not an issue.Also the Wild don't have a 3rd round pick in 09,could throw in an extra 4th.
True, dumb of me to miss that . What do you think of this:

To Minny: Lupul, 09 1st
To Philly: Josh Harding, Martin Skoula, 09 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpooh View Post
cant see tampa not getting a better offer for TB Lecavalier than

Lupul, Gillies, 09 1st (Philly) 10 1st (Minn)
I can. He has a huge contract. The cap is possibly going down. Obviously Lecavalier is a fantastic player, but ten million is a lot to spend on one guy, for a long term no less.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 02:31 PM
  #10
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
tampa could get more for lecalvier

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 02:36 PM
  #11
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
We aren't dealing our 1st for Harding

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:32 PM
  #12
4rde
 
4rde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
Looks pretty good to me (wow, is this possible in hfboards).

Wouldnt get done, but its fair deal for everyone imo.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:36 PM
  #13
puzzle
Registered User
 
puzzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Quebec city
Country: Canada
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Not fair for Philly at all.

Lupul is pretty much equal to PMB
That makes: Philly's 1st for a RFA goalie who has never been a starter...and a 4th.

puzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:37 PM
  #14
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,244
vCash: 500
Way too much value on Harding here.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
  #15
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
True, dumb of me to miss that . What do you think of this:

To Minny: Lupul, 09 1st
To Philly: Josh Harding, Martin Skoula, 09 3rd



I can. He has a huge contract. The cap is possibly going down. Obviously Lecavalier is a fantastic player, but ten million is a lot to spend on one guy, for a long term no less.
Salary, but to some teams the cap hit of $7.78 doesnt seem bad, especially when you have players like Gomez/Drury on not much less.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 06:02 PM
  #16
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
Looks pretty good to me (wow, is this possible in hfboards).

Wouldnt get done, but its fair deal for everyone imo.
BS

Minny gets Vinny for PMB, Harding, Gilles, 2010 1st, 4th round.

Call me crazy but isn't this one of those quantity for quality trades?

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
  #17
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: place
Country: United States
Posts: 2,899
vCash: 500
I think Harding is being grossly underrated here. He has been outplayed by Backstrom but that doesn't mean he still can't be a great starter.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 06:21 PM
  #18
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
I think Harding is being grossly underrated here. He has been outplayed by Backstrom but that doesn't mean he still can't be a great starter.
It's not about him being a good goalie, it's about his trade value. Trade value for goalies who have proven little to nothing is....little to nothing...

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 06:31 PM
  #19
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,727
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Although their salaries are about equal, I'd take PMB over Lupul any day. We have enough shooters, we need a guy that likes to pass.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 09:40 PM
  #20
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
 
Marlowe Syn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the grift
Country: United States
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Although their salaries are about equal, I'd take PMB over Lupul any day. We have enough shooters, we need a guy that likes to pass.
You kind of have that with Briere and he's not afraid to shoot. PMB is a great playmaker, but frustrates with his unwillingness to shoot. Doubly frustrating as he does have a decent wrister. He will not drive towards the net, ever! But he can skate in a circle that would make Kristi Yamaguchi envious. So I guess it is the grass is always greener syndrome. Side trade with you BiLLY:
To Phi: PMB and Pouliot
To Minn: Lupul, Nodl and 2009 3rd

I watched Nodl at St Cloud for a couple of years and I've been wanting to find a way to lure him back to Minnesota since he left.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 10:04 PM
  #21
ELab2
Registered User
 
ELab2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
You kind of have that with Briere and he's not afraid to shoot. PMB is a great playmaker, but frustrates with his unwillingness to shoot. Doubly frustrating as he does have a decent wrister. He will not drive towards the net, ever! But he can skate in a circle that would make Kristi Yamaguchi envious. So I guess it is the grass is always greener syndrome. Side trade with you BiLLY:
To Phi: PMB and Pouliot
To Minn: Lupul, Nodl and 2009 3rd

I watched Nodl at St Cloud for a couple of years and I've been wanting to find a way to lure him back to Minnesota since he left.
That doesn't do Philly any good.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 10:17 PM
  #22
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
 
Marlowe Syn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the grift
Country: United States
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 500
I think it helps you a little bit, but would help the Wild more. I do agree it is pretty much a lateral trade for Philly.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 10:21 PM
  #23
ELab2
Registered User
 
ELab2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
I think it helps you a little bit, but would help the Wild more. I do agree it is pretty much a lateral trade for Philly.
yeah it's more or less lateral, and if they're going to move Lupul they should be doing to for something that is needed like Harding.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 10:30 PM
  #24
State of Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 11,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
So the trade comes down to our 09 1st for Harding and a fourth? A first is a too much to pay for a goalie that played 11 games last year on a team known for making their goalies look good (Harding is also an RFA that you probably aren't resigning). A fourth is not making up that value difference IMO. Particularly since the depth of this year's draft makes that first pick more valuable than usual.
No, a first is borderline not enough. Harding is a former high 2nd rounder that's developed, ready, and has been highly successful at every level so far. Are you telling me that an unproven, not ready, no-guarantee-at-all late 1st rounder is worth more than a ready, proven, high 2nd rounder AND a 4th?

By the way, Minnesota goalies look good because they are good. Ask any Wild fan if Harding has had an easy time with the Wild. They'll all say that he has not. He commonly gets back-to-backs, a very high shot count, and little goal support. Last year Harding gave up 8 goals against Dallas and his coach thought he played a good game. Chew on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
We aren't dealing our 1st for Harding
Enjoy your continued goalie problems then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHartnell19 View Post
Not fair for Philly at all.

Lupul is pretty much equal to PMB
That makes: Philly's 1st for a RFA goalie who has never been a starter...and a 4th.
Very fair for Philly. You should be jumping all over a goalie of Harding's caliber AND a draft pick for a low first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Way too much value on Harding here.
Not enough value if history repeats itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
BS

Minny gets Vinny for PMB, Harding, Gilles, 2010 1st, 4th round.

Call me crazy but isn't this one of those quantity for quality trades?
Almost any trade for quality ends up being that way. But that's a heckuva a lot of quality and quantity for Minnesota to give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
It's not about him being a good goalie, it's about his trade value. Trade value for goalies who have proven little to nothing is....little to nothing...
Trade values for somewhat unproven goalies with high potential are huge. That's why they're not traded very often. They're that valuable. When they are, like Mike Smith or Vesa Toskala, the return is big.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 10:59 PM
  #25
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
No, a first is borderline not enough. Harding is a former high 2nd rounder that's developed, ready, and has been highly successful at every level so far. Are you telling me that an unproven, not ready, no-guarantee-at-all late 1st rounder is worth more than a ready, proven, high 2nd rounder AND a 4th?

By the way, Minnesota goalies look good because they are good. Ask any Wild fan if Harding has had an easy time with the Wild. They'll all say that he has not. He commonly gets back-to-backs, a very high shot count, and little goal support. Last year Harding gave up 8 goals against Dallas and his coach thought he played a good game. Chew on that.


Enjoy your continued goalie problems then.


Very fair for Philly. You should be jumping all over a goalie of Harding's caliber AND a draft pick for a low first.


Not enough value if history repeats itself.


Almost any trade for quality ends up being that way. But that's a heckuva a lot of quality and quantity for Minnesota to give up.


Trade values for somewhat unproven goalies with high potential are huge. That's why they're not traded very often. They're that valuable. When they are, like Mike Smith or Vesa Toskala, the return is big.

Pardon me, but you are out of your mind. Harding can walk as an RFA with a 2nd rounder for compensation at $2.6 million per. Why on Earth would a team give up a 1st for a 4th and him and then still have to sign him? That is ludicrous.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.