HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia-Columbus

Old
05-10-2009, 10:26 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Philadelphia-Columbus

To Philadelphia-Jan Hejda

To Columbus-Joffrey Lupul, Denis Bodrov, 4th 09

Why Philadelphia does it-They get a good physical defensive defenseman in Hejda that can hit and block shots. He's on a cheap contract, which helps the Flyers. They also get some cap relief for the immediate future.

Why Columbus does it-Columbus had some trouble scoring goals, being only 21st in the league in GF. Lupul can score when he is put in the right situation. When he is the shooter on the line, his numbers will be much better than when he was playing with Carter, and he wasn't the shooter. He would've been their 3rd leading scorer last year, and he could play 1st line minutes until Voracek is ready. They also get a good defensive prospect who Paul Holmgren thought could have played in the NHL last year. And a pick in a deep draft.

Flame away.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:34 AM
wej20

vCash: 500
Hejda is on an excellent contract while Lupul's is far from stellar so I think Flyers would need to give up a better prospect or a better pick to make this work.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:18 AM
BrindamoursNose

The problem is that the only players CBJ has worth giving up Carter or Richards is Nash and Mason

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:45 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
The problem is that the only players CBJ has worth giving up Carter or Richards is Nash and Mason
I wouldn't give up either Richards or Carter straight up for either Nash or Mason.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 01:00 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I wouldn't give up either Richards or Carter straight up for either Nash or Mason.
I'm not saying I would or wouldn't I'm just pointing out that they're the only ones comparable.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Stretch Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satchmo View Post
Kristian Huselius and Jakub Voracek can play RW in Columbus. Freddy Modin can play on the right side as well. I don't the benefit for the Jackets here. IMO, Columbus need a PMD Powerplay QB type of player and a true #1 center like Richards or Carter.

I
Actually Nash played right wing this year with Huselius on his left.

Columbus has plenty of good wingers with more coming in Filatov and Mayorov among others.

Columbus needs one or two right handed point men and at least one big shot for the PP. The biggest reason our scoring was so low, was because our PP was absolutely terrible.

We are probably not in the market for a true #1 center. Brassard will likely be the #1 for the foreseeable future and Vermette #2.

Stretch Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 01:28 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Hitchcock loves Hedja. Not happening.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 01:55 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
i'd do it, but it would never happen

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 02:03 PM
captainpaxil

briere adds alot to the powerplay and is a playmaking number 1 center. aknowledging there would haveto be salry comingback would colombus be interested?

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 02:17 PM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
To Philadelphia-Jan Hejda

To Columbus-Joffrey Lupul, Denis Bodrov, 4th 09

Why Philadelphia does it-They get a good physical defensive defenseman in Hejda that can hit and block shots. He's on a cheap contract, which helps the Flyers. They also get some cap relief for the immediate future.

Why Columbus does it-Columbus had some trouble scoring goals, being only 21st in the league in GF. Lupul can score when he is put in the right situation. When he is the shooter on the line, his numbers will be much better than when he was playing with Carter, and he wasn't the shooter. He would've been their 3rd leading scorer last year, and he could play 1st line minutes until Voracek is ready. They also get a good defensive prospect who Paul Holmgren thought could have played in the NHL last year. And a pick in a deep draft.

Flame away.

This has always baffled me about this board. Why would the needy teams fan propose a deal where they clearly get the better of the deal (and it's not even close here).
The Flyers need to move Lupul to create cap space. That cap space has a value. So as a Flyer fan you should be proposing a deal that is fair AND THEN adding an additional pick (late 2nd? or a 3rd) to cover the value of the cap space the other team is eating for you.

If you want to move Lupul's cap hit to Columbus maybe it should be for a prospect who may someday be a 3rd liner and a 4th rd pick. Otherwise keep him and stay in cap hell.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 02:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Lupul doesn't have a good contract, but he's not dead value like Gauthier was.

Old
05-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
His playoff performance aside, Hejda is still one of our best players. If he gets traded it'd be to address a more pressing need - such as the power play. And even so, his trade is unlikely.

Marc Methot, Aaron Rome, or Ole-Kristian Tollefsen would be more likely trade targets... all of them are due for new contracts, although Rome is a UFA.

If I were y'all, I'd look more at Greg Zanon.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Sklodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
briere adds alot to the powerplay and is a playmaking number 1 center. aknowledging there would haveto be salry comingback would colombus be interested?
If Briere agreed to waive his NMC, I'd like to see Briere, Jones, Marc-Andre Bourdon, and a late round pick for Jan Hejda and Antoine Vermette. I'd rather have this trade involving Lupul, this way Briere can play RW with Vermette as the center and Powe as the LW. It clears a lot of salary and helps out both teams where they need it.

CLB: Offensive boost, PP help and a depth defenseman
PHI: Puck-moving, shot-blocking, physical defenesman and a definative #3 center who wins faceoffs and plays in all situations

Sklodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:15 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
You wouldn't do Carter for Mason?

Get a great young goalie and leave your team with Giroux, Richards, and Briere as its centers?

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:21 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post

Get a great young goalie and leave your team with Giroux, Richards, and Briere as its centers?
Even I would have to slightly consider Mason for Carter.

Though since my bias on Carter is there, I'd probably still keep Carter.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Garbage Goal

I'd be willing to part with Carter in order to get Mason under the assumption that we could get something like a decent pick along with it and be able to keep Mason with the organization for a while.

Carter would be a sad loss, but with the emergence of Giroux and the plethora of 4th-liners I think we could do without him, especially considering how high his next contract could potentially be.

I do think Carter is worth much more then Mason though so I think the deal would have to be sweetened a bit.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:23 PM
ELab2

Quote:

It would be a bad move at this point. There are lots of one year wonders. Mason looks absolutely legit but I wouldn't move a player like Carter for him until he shows he can do it again next season.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:24 PM
mercury

Quote:

No, trading Carter is not necessary to improve in goaltending. If Minnesota would take Lupul and a pick for Harding's rights, I don't see why Carter for Mason is a good idea.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Why would Columbus do Carter for Mason?

Old
05-10-2009, 08:26 PM
AK

At this stage, Carter probably has more value than Mason alone.

It just seems like it would be sensible given the Flyers lack of goaltending and surplus of centers.

GKJ has a point though, Columbus would never do it after trading Leclaire.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 09:51 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sklodo View Post
If Briere agreed to waive his NMC, I'd like to see Briere, Jones, Marc-Andre Bourdon, and a late round pick for Jan Hejda and Antoine Vermette. I'd rather have this trade involving Lupul, this way Briere can play RW with Vermette as the center and Powe as the LW. It clears a lot of salary and helps out both teams where they need it.

CLB: Offensive boost, PP help and a depth defenseman
PHI: Puck-moving, shot-blocking, physical defenesman and a definative #3 center who wins faceoffs and plays in all situations
i was thinking more like tyutin and rj for danny. colombus gets the best player but philly spreads out the salary. capwise a wash i think philly might take a hundred grand.

mason looks like a stud but ive seen hitch work wonders with the likes of esche and chechmanek. but with mason filitov and brassard they might be one of few teams who could overpay enough to have him leave with dry eyes.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
It would be a bad move at this point. There are lots of one year wonders. Mason looks absolutely legit but I wouldn't move a player like Carter for him until he shows he can do it again next season.
Just look at Price this year...or Raycroft!!

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 10:45 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Just look at Price this year...or Raycroft!!
yeah, there are many many examples. Although I wouldn't list Price there yet, people do have a couple of bad years and turn it around.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote