HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues

Am I missing something on the C.H.L. Austin franchise?

Old
05-11-2009, 07:53 PM
paul-laus

vCash: 500
Am I missing something on the C.H.L. Austin franchise?

Just saw this today. According to the Daily Courier out of Prescott Valley, Arizona, the Austin Icebats will return from their hiatus for 2009-2010 season. The Central Hockey League has never mentioned it, the Austin Icebats website doesn't mention it, and this is the first I've heard. Why do I get the feeling that the person doing the story didn't do his/her homework on the situation? If Austin's CHL team is really going to try and compete with the Texas Stars of the AHL for this coming season, it won't do well. The last I heard was that the franchise was looking at moving to Beaumont, Texas. Last sentence of the articlehttp://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?Sec...rticleID=68000

paul-laus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 09:58 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-laus View Post
Just saw this today. According to the Daily Courier out of Prescott Valley, Arizona, the Austin Icebats will return from their hiatus for 2009-2010 season. The Central Hockey League has never mentioned it, the Austin Icebats website doesn't mention it, and this is the first I've heard. Why do I get the feeling that the person doing the story didn't do his/her homework on the situation? If Austin's CHL team is really going to try and compete with the Texas Stars of the AHL for this coming season, it won't do well. The last I heard was that the franchise was looking at moving to Beaumont, Texas. Last sentence of the articlehttp://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?Sec...rticleID=68000
link's broken

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:39 AM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Maybe it's just misinformation. Maybe the reporter heard about the return of hockey to Austin and decided he had heard enough and just assumed it was the Ice Bats.

Last edited by FrancoRussianAlaskan: 05-13-2009 at 10:04 AM.
FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote