HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Roberto Luongo

Old
05-12-2009, 09:40 AM
STAALing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
Seto/Vlasic or bust.
Can u stop already. Look at the previous Luongo deals. He just choked the playoffs and he's signed for one more year. Carter/JvR, Nabokov/Seto... damit. Just stop posting.

STAALing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
In my opinion after these playoffs Vancouvers biggest needs are:

1st, a #1 dman. Somebody to take over the game, somebody to settle things down. Ohlund was horrible, he played his last game in a Vancouver jersey in my opinion, Mitchell was overplayed, Salo and Bieksa hurt.

2nd, a dangler. What do I mean? A puck magician who goes to the net. In the St Louis series Andy McDonald gave the Canucks fits, Kane in the Chicago series. Vancouver needs a guy who can grab the puck, make some moves, go to the net and make things happen. Basically the opposite of the twins. They are very good players, but they need all 3 players on a line to make things happen, Vancouver needs a guy to take control.

Which means the Kings could offer you exactly nothing, because we need the very same things. Thanks for the info, though.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Brett38

I can't see Luongo going anywhere, but I'll play the game.

To Montreal

Luongo
Vancouver's 2nd in '09

To Vancouver

Price
Gorges
Plekanec
Chipchura
Montreal's 1st in '10

Brett38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Brett38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett38 View Post

To Montreal

Luongo
Vancouver's 2nd in '09

To Vancouver

Price
Gorges
Plekanec
Chipchura
Montreal's 1st in '10

Or, take out one of Plekanec or Chipchura and throw in Subban.

Brett38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 10:15 AM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:

To Montreal

Luongo
Vancouver's 2nd in '09

To Vancouver

Price
Gorges
Plekanec
Chipchura
Montreal's 1st in '10
If i was Van i would take that type of deal..or instead of Chipchura/plakanec...Mcdonagh or Subban?...
But, iunno why they would want to trade luongo in the first place

EDIT: opps didnt notice someone above already said something similar

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Luongo
+

for

Heatley
+

Not a realistic trade, since Murray will never ask Heatley to waive his NTC, but probably a decent base for a trade.
... That and Ottawa just picked up Leclaire.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 10:55 AM
ttam103

Malkin

ttam103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 11:48 AM
jmwc95

Quote:
By saying Erik Johnson, I'm saying you're going to have to give to get. Luongo is the cog that drives this team. Erik Johnson, while a great prospect (He's played one season, but that's just my opinion to be honest), alone would still hardly merit Vancouver's interest.

I can't understand how you 'wouldn't' give up Erik Johnson to get a premiere goalie. Let's say you don't make the playoffs for however many years you control EJ's rights, and at the end of his contract he leaves for another team.

In actuality, we'd do something like Erik Johnson, David Perron, and a mid-round pick.
You are overvaluing the price for ONE SEASON of Roberto Luongo. I wouldn't trade Erik Johnson, David Perron, OR Alex Pietrangelo for Luongo, based on his current contract situation. If that's what it would take, then no deal. Honestly, Luongo is worth more to you that what you would give back, so that is why soon to be UFAs don't get traded all that often, and when they do, it doesn't really amount to all that much. That's why I don't think Pronger will be moved. Anaheim can't trade him without getting significantly worse next season, and teams aren't going to give up a ton for ONE YEAR of Chris Pronger.

The Blues would be foolish to trade for either Pronger or Luongo. The Blues aren't winning the Cup next season. Their best years are 2-5 years down the road. If they want Luongo or Pronger, they should just wait until they are UFAs, and bid on them then. If they traded for them now, they would still have to bid for them after next season anyway, so why waste any assets?

If Luongo was signed to an extension for several more years, than I would say he may be worth what you propose. However, since he can walk after next year, you won't be able to get back what he is truly worth.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Christina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
So what else would it take? Its not like offering Jeff Carter isn't a good starting point, and worth a tad more conversation than just a "hell no", don't ya think?
Do the Flyers have any defensive prospects that are mobile and can really move the puck out of their own end? I like to keep Luongo but not sure if he wants to stay as he really wants to win a cup and that all depends on our lineup next year. I would think Jeff Carter with either a top prospect should do it. But not sure if Philly really wants to trade Carter?

Christina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Christina

Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
perhaps not a good night to value what Loungo is worth.
He is a great goalie. For sure, it wasn't a vintage Luongo performance but he will bounce back like he always does.

Old
05-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

ZOMG NOTHING HE CHOKED LAST NIGHT!!!!

Nah, it'd still take a boatload of talent to get him out of Vancouver. Most likely prospective talent. IMO it'd be a good trade for Vancouver if they could bring in a high end prospect or two and because Schneider (spelling) is on the brink of a full time yob.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:04 PM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
He let his team down this year
Just this year? Didn't he let in a floater from the blue line in 2007 too?

Looks to me like Luongo has a hard time rising up to the occasion when it counts the most.

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Christina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I asked of the Canucks fans twice, sincerely, whether Pietrangelo for Luongo was a fair trade. None have replied in any way.
It is not. You have to add a player and a top prospect or high draft pick at the least. Luongo is a goalie that can inmediately improve your team. That said, I highly doubt that he wants to go to St Louis. If not playing for Vancouver, I would think that he prefers to go to a contender such as Philadelphia, which is only a goalie away to making it all the way, or to places where he or his wife is from(Florida, Montreal).

Old
05-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Christina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
What are the chances of Vancouver taking back some salary? The Flyers would be adding $1.75M to their current cap in this deal. Any possibilities of taking Jones or Carle?

And would Kesler also be available? I think I already know the answer to that one, but figured I would throw it out there.
Kesler might not be as skilled as some players mentioned here, but he is all clutch as a player and will not be traded. I would think that Vancouver will not mind taking on an extra player to help the Flyers with the salary cap if a deal such as this is to be made.

Old
05-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Christina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwc95 View Post
You are overvaluing the price for ONE SEASON of Roberto Luongo. I wouldn't trade Erik Johnson, David Perron, OR Alex Pietrangelo for Luongo, based on his current contract situation. If that's what it would take, then no deal. Honestly, Luongo is worth more to you that what you would give back, so that is why soon to be UFAs don't get traded all that often, and when they do, it doesn't really amount to all that much. That's why I don't think Pronger will be moved. Anaheim can't trade him without getting significantly worse next season, and teams aren't going to give up a ton for ONE YEAR of Chris Pronger.

The Blues would be foolish to trade for either Pronger or Luongo. The Blues aren't winning the Cup next season. Their best years are 2-5 years down the road. If they want Luongo or Pronger, they should just wait until they are UFAs, and bid on them then. If they traded for them now, they would still have to bid for them after next season anyway, so why waste any assets?

If Luongo was signed to an extension for several more years, than I would say he may be worth what you propose. However, since he can walk after next year, you won't be able to get back what he is truly worth.
To the Blues it might not make much sense, maybe. But to a cup contender that is very close and just need a better goalie, Luongo might just make that much of a difference. And he might resign with a cup contender. He has a lot to say about a possible trade though as he has a ntc in his contract and I doubt very much that he would be interrested in going to St Louis.

Old
05-12-2009, 12:43 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
Jeff Carter? I would think that Philly and Vancouver would make pretty good trading partners in a Luongo deal. Imagine a division with Lundqvist, Broduer, and Luongo.
If we were given permission to talk to him ahead of time and reached an agreement for an extension then I'd be willing to trade Carter, Bourdon, and a 1st for him. Without a deal in place I'm not trading Carter straight up for just 1 year of Luongo.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:53 PM
jared37

Quote:

To Montreal

Luongo
Vancouver's 2nd in '09

To Vancouver

Price
Gorges
Plekanec
Chipchura
Montreal's 1st in '10
change plekanec for subban and then its good

jared37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:54 PM
kevinBOOMBOOMbieksa

Hey, if the reports are true that the Canucks might land that Swedish "monster" goalie and Luongo doesn't want to resign, then a 50-50 split in goal with shneider and "monster" could be an option. If that is the case, they will need a stud D-man like Bouwmeester. Also, if you get a guy like Carter in a trade, then you likely let go of the Sedins and grab a winger to replace Daniel like Hossa, Cammi or Gaborik. You drop the Sedins because with goal scoring centres in Carter, Kesler, and hopefully Hodgson, you don't need Henrik and therefore only need upgrades on the wing. It is doable in theory, highly unlikely to happen and definitely a high risk scenario.

Hopefully Luongo is resigned but if not, it will be pretty exciting to see what type of players we could ice next year.

kevinBOOMBOOMbieksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:57 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzner and Doughty View Post
Can u stop already. Look at the previous Luongo deals. He just choked the playoffs and he's signed for one more year. Carter/JvR, Nabokov/Seto... damit. Just stop posting.
Yeah, I can't see Luongo returning anything close to this without him being signed (or agreed to in principle) long term. There just isn't any historical premise to support this hysterical premise for highway robbery.

Old
05-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

I would not be opposed to trading him depending on the return. It would signal a full scale rebuild though so we'd most likely be looking for top-end prospects, and a chance to move up in this years draft. Then we'd tank next year and go for the lottery, and build on Hodgson/Schneider/Whoeverwedraft/WhoeverwegetintradeforLuongo.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 01:04 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHo View Post
I think that if DET can get a star goalie, they will become a dynasty.

Datsyuk, McCollum, 2009 1st for Luongo
At this point overpayment for Roberto.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
I want Carter and VanRiemsdyk. Someone make this happen.
What goalie was EVER traded for that type of package? Nevermind the fact he's 1 year from being a UFA, and coming off a play-off meltdown.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Moobles

Quote:
The value of Luongo ... well im pretty sure you canuckleheads need to settle down...
so what if you guys got worked up and down by chicago, he is still one of the best in the league, maybe you guys should think about moving the sisters, and all your other scrub forwards.
Yeah that'd be smart. Let's move two of our top players because they're *******- Daniel only being able to net two goals last game and Henrik a measly assist.

Sedins played and play good and there's no sense in moving them, I hope we don't lose them over the off-season. Our 'scrub' forwards played a good offensive game (though it could've been better) last game, that wasn't our problem it was our defense and defensive coordination.

Moobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessie View Post
Do the Flyers have any defensive prospects that are mobile and can really move the puck out of their own end? I like to keep Luongo but not sure if he wants to stay as he really wants to win a cup and that all depends on our lineup next year. I would think Jeff Carter with either a top prospect should do it. But not sure if Philly really wants to trade Carter?
I included a post by phlocky because it essentially covers how I see it, and adds a defensive prospect and draft pick to the mix. We really don't want to trade Carter, but a signed Luongo is a much different animal than the Ellis, Harding and Halak stuff that people throw around. It would suck to lose Carter, but you have to give to get, and Luongo is elite, despite the beating he took last night. Below is the quote from phlocky....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
If we were given permission to talk to him ahead of time and reached an agreement for an extension then I'd be willing to trade Carter, Bourdon, and a 1st for him. Without a deal in place I'm not trading Carter straight up for just 1 year of Luongo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessie View Post
Kesler might not be as skilled as some players mentioned here, but he is all clutch as a player and will not be traded. I would think that Vancouver will not mind taking on an extra player to help the Flyers with the salary cap if a deal such as this is to be made.
Yea, I didn't really think the Canucks would move Kesler, but obviously he's worth asking about. Stats don't tell the story of Keslers value, as I know all Vancouver fans are well aware of. Those who have a clue about hockey are well aware of how much he contributes every game.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 01:38 PM
phlocky

So I have a queation, are the Nucks just a terribel team or what??? I mean Luongo is suppoe to be an absolutely awesome goalie and he puts up nice numbers and all but what has he really done in the playoffs??? In 3 years with the Nucks he's won just 2 playoff series so is it that he's really not that great or is it that the entire team in front of him sucks???

I mean if it's the Sedins and the rest of their skaters then what you get for Luongo in return for a trade isn't going to be what turns you around. If it's Luongo then why would anyone trade very much for him??? I mean I could understand asking for a kings randsome if he'd actually carried his team on his shoulders or something but his body of work doesn;t support that premiss. I mean he NEVER did that with Fla and with a much better team in front of him (and arguably one of the best in the west probably) he failed to carry them on his shoulders.

I mean hell, he hasn't proven himself any more reliable in the playoffs than Marty Biron. Biron didn't play bad, he just didn't play great every game. He stole us 2 playff series last year and he certainly stole us one game alone this yar against the Pens (the other win we had we out played them in every aspect of the game) but us losing to the Pens last year and this year wasn't the fault of Biron. Honestly, Luongo hasn't looke any better in his plays with 3 years on the Nucks than Biron has looked in just 2 years in Philly.