HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dal / Nyr

Old
05-11-2009, 02:47 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodILoveHockey View Post
I've watched Rozsival since he broke into the league, being a Penguins fan and living in NJ where I get to watch the Flyers/Devils/Rangers/Isles night in and night out. He is an average defenseman, with a bit of offensive ability who is nothing special in his own end. He is a decent skater who doesn't play to his size's ability. All truth, and whether you want to come to grips with that fact or not, is up to you.

Don't take it personally and get all defensive, it's not like he's a family member of yours or something, jeez.
Who is taking it personally?

You can't have a conversation without taking a personal shot. You have issues my friend.

Roszival plays hard and he plays hurt.He is a top 4 D.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 03:01 PM
eldiablo17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Who is taking it personally?

You can't have a conversation without taking a personal shot. You have issues my friend.

Roszival plays hard and he plays hurt.He is a top 4 D.
He is a top-4 guy, but he's also overpayed, and a team isn't going to want to take that contract especially with the cap coming down in a year. Not to mention he almost got boo'd out of New York due to his brutal play this past season.

eldiablo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 03:03 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devils View Post
lol terrible, face it your stuck with rozi
Stuck with? Hardly.

Stuck with Redden and Drury yes.

Stuck with Rozsival? I don't think so.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
Stuck with? Hardly.

Stuck with Redden and Drury yes.

Stuck with Rozsival? I don't think so.
Add Gomez

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Boondock

I like how the people who are talking about how good Rozsi is all have user names like "Rangers rule" and "I bleed blue shirt" that should tell you something. Offensively Rozsival is better, but @ 30 yrs old he won't improve much on his 1 time 40 pt season, which makes him an average offensive dman. Defensively Robidas is far better then Rozsi. Robidas played over 24 and a half min per game, was a +10 on a defensively suspect team. Robidas had 221 hits to Rozsi's 90. Robidas had more PP and PK time then Rozsi and has a cap hit of 1.5 (3.5 less then Rozsi) so if you want to compare stats - do your homework, not just goals and assists. I'd rather have Robidas then Rozsi on my team.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Thefalkon

This trade is brutal. Why would Dallas ever move down in the draft to take Rozsival and his $5 million? Ranger fans (including me), weren't you the ones saying how horrible he was in the beginning of the year? He hasn't improved a great deal for this deal to be fair.

Thefalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:20 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Horrible contract

Roszival has $13 million due over the next 3 seasons

Roszival>Robidas

Robidas for Roszival knocks it down to $11.5 million for 3 seasons

You are not signing a top 4 D to a cheaper contract this summer.
I'd like you to find me any non-ranger fans who believe that.

Yeah, Rozsival will psychically make 13 million the next three seasons, but his cap his is an atrocious 5 million a season. No one wants him; he's average in all zones of the ice and makes the salary of a #1 defenseman.

shadow1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablo17 View Post
He is a top-4 guy, but he's also overpayed, and a team isn't going to want to take that contract especially with the cap coming down in a year. Not to mention he almost got boo'd out of New York due to his brutal play this past season.
Rozy did hear some boo's early in the season, but not to the extent you put it. Not even close.

Gomez wasn't the only Ranger that played through injuries this season. Rozy gets banged up pretty often; injuries that would sideline a good portion of NHL players. He's resilient, plays a lot of minutes, and isn't a liability on the ice.

Overpaid? Absolutely. You would expect someone earning as much as him to contribute a little more offensively, but the Rangers organization has a couple of faulty gears in motion which would harm a lot of players statistics.

Assuming he isn't moved this off-season, I expect his level of play to elevate a bit under Torts. If the team is capable of getting more out of their power play, that would ultimately better Rozy's game even more. Overall, Rozy hasn't played that far off his salary, and under a more offensive system with an improved PP, we might see him live up to it.

Additionally, I'm curious to see how well other teams #1 -> #4 defenseman played against guys like Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Lecavalier, Kovalchuck, Heatley, and so on.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Rozy did hear some boo's early in the season, but not to the extent you put it. Not even close.

Gomez wasn't the only Ranger that played through injuries this season. Rozy gets banged up pretty often; injuries that would sideline a good portion of NHL players. He's resilient, plays a lot of minutes, and isn't a liability on the ice.

Overpaid? Absolutely. You would expect someone earning as much as him to contribute a little more offensively, but the Rangers organization has a couple of faulty gears in motion which would harm a lot of players statistics.

Assuming he isn't moved this off-season, I expect his level of play to elevate a bit under Torts. If the team is capable of getting more out of their power play, that would ultimately better Rozy's game even more. Overall, Rozy hasn't played that far off his salary, and under a more offensive system with an improved PP, we might see him live up to it.

Additionally, I'm curious to see how well other teams #1 -> #4 defenseman played against guys like Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Lecavalier, Kovalchuck, Heatley, and so on.
Someone stated that Mr. Great defenceman was a -7 this season. (I'm too lazy to check) This pretty much sums up his ability to shut down those guys you mentioned.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:36 AM
catters078

If you wanna see what robidas does...

dont go by career pts when measuring robidas VS Roszival,

quite simply watch the 07/08 Western quarter finals and western semi finals where dallas beat San Jose and Anaheim. with no zubov, robidas was the guy who stood up on defense and despite being bruised and broken led this team to the west finals, then you will see robidas' true value and what he brings

Ive never seen roszival be the man to lead the blue line for a team and win a playoff series

bringing cap hits in robidas is by faaaar the better defensman to have

lol and i like how rangers fans are saying Dallas has a poor prospect pool, yet we should down grade in the draft

Last edited by catters078: 05-12-2009 at 12:43 AM.
catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 04:34 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Tazer View Post
Someone stated that Mr. Great defenceman was a -7 this season. (I'm too lazy to check) This pretty much sums up his ability to shut down those guys you mentioned.
And if you re-read what I bolded, maybe you can actually attempt to answer my question instead of throwing out the auto-generated response that you tossed my direction.

I'm wondering what other teams #1 > #4 D-men accomplished playing against some of the more exceptional players in this league. Rozy by no means took control and shut them down, but he certainly limited them enough to keep his team in the game.

Again, he wasn't a defensive liability on the ice, and his effort has always been consistent. If he was earning around 4M per season, he would probably be considered somewhat of a steal, considering what outrageous money some guys are making today. (See Wade Redden)

Old
05-12-2009, 04:51 AM
Caseman

Quote:
If he was earning around 4M per season, he would probably be considered somewhat of a steal
And yet he's not.

Quote:
considering what outrageous money some guys are making today. (See Wade Redden)
Maybe you (the Rangers organization) should stop giving out ridiculous contracts so you (the Rangers fans) don't have to make a thread every day trying to dump them on teams who do not need them, do not want them, or will not overpay for them. YOU (the fans) are trying to dump salary on US (the other fans), so YOU have to compensate US. Roby for Rozy is basically a wash on overall talent, but is a hit on the cap. If you want Dallas fans to even consider the offer, you will have to a) drop Robidas from the trade or b) compensate with a buttload of draft picks/prospects. The salary cap isn't expanding anytime soon (probably will retract), so cap hits are much more signifigant.

Do you understand now?

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
And yet he's not.
We're talking about a 1M difference. Not as dramatic as you're trying to make it out. Good effort though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
Maybe you (the Rangers organization) should stop giving out ridiculous contracts so you (the Rangers fans) don't have to make a thread every day trying to dump them on teams who do not need them, do not want them, or will not overpay for them. YOU (the fans) are trying to dump salary on US (the other fans), so YOU have to compensate US. Roby for Rozy is basically a wash on overall talent, but is a hit on the cap. If you want Dallas fans to even consider the offer, you will have to a) drop Robidas from the trade or b) compensate with a buttload of draft picks/prospects. The salary cap isn't expanding anytime soon (probably will retract), so cap hits are much more signifigant.

Do you understand now?
If Rangers fans made trade threads every single day, this section of the forum would have nothing but NYR proposals, which it doesn't.

And find where I commented on Rozy for Roby, please? Your little rant trying to educate me about hockey economics was nothing but a waste of time since I share no opinion about that trade.

Maybe you should have directed this response to someone else. If you actually spent some time reading my post, you would know that I'm asking someone a question that he improperly answered. I don't understand what the nature of your post is. At all. It has absolutely nothing to do with what I was asking.