HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

17th Obsequious Banter Thread: 17% Better Cap Management, Homer

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2009, 02:54 PM
IrishSniper87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
My good friend in high school was the goalie on our team, and she used to show me her bruises. I got them just from being tapped during a game or practice. I'm not sure if you or anyone else on here has ever felt a lacrosse ball before. ****'s heavy as ****, and I can't imagine any normal person wanting to be continuously pelted with that thing. I remember getting hit in the shin on a bounce, not even on a throw and I had a black and blue mark for about 2 or 3 weeks.
I took a Lacrosse ball to the chest during a simple catch and it wasn't even thrown hard. It hurt like a mother. If it hit lower, it could have easily knocked the air out of me.

Yeah, I can't explain why she would want to subject herself to such torture. But hey, shortly after that she dated me, so she must be a glutton for punishment.

She used to say her least favorite part was actually going through warm-ups and sprints in full gear. That would certainly suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hamels View Post
So i heard today in class that their was a Sonic being built/built already in south jersey on 38. Is this true? and if so where on 38? Those damn commercials make you want to go there so bad.
Sonic is awesome. I was only at one once. Those commercials are on all the time and I have never seen one nearby. I hit one up in Maryland when I was down there.

Old
05-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I got my wisdom teeth taken out 9:00 in the morning today. My face hurts sooooooooooooo bad....
My poor dog got the good ol' snip snip today. Bet that makes you feel a lot better.

Old
05-12-2009, 02:59 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
My poor dog got the good ol' snip snip today. Bet that makes you feel a lot better.
That sucks.

Old
05-12-2009, 03:00 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
How do you like the pain killers?
Taking advil plus 2 painkillers they subsribed. The one made me fall asleep in 5 mins. It does work, but the pain is still there

Quote:
Well...the pain just somehow went away

Old
05-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I took a Lacrosse ball to the chest during a simple catch and it wasn't even thrown hard. It hurt like a mother. If it hit lower, it could have easily knocked the air out of me.

Yeah, I can't explain why she would want to subject herself to such torture. But hey, shortly after that she dated me, so she must be a glutton for punishment.

She used to say her least favorite part was actually going through warm-ups and sprints in full gear. That would certainly suck.

Sonic is awesome. I was only at one once. Those commercials are on all the time and I have never seen one nearby. I hit one up in Maryland when I was down there.
I used to laugh at my friend who had to do that. I felt bad though cause she was bigger, plus with all the pads, it would take her triple the amount of time some days to finish one lap around the field. I miss those days though. That's when I used to be able to run a mile in 6 minutes.

Old
05-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Taking advil plus 2 painkillers they subsribed. The one made me fall asleep in 5 mins. It does work, but the pain is still there

God I remember when I got my teeth pulled, they gave me percocet, and that **** is not fun. I only had one and that ****ing thing was enough to **** me up for a week, and the pain never went away. I ended up throwing the rest of the bottle out. The whole wisdom teeth thing sucks though. All of mine were impacted and I have a tiny mouth, so they had to stretch it using those plastic jawns, so I had sores that looked like cat whiskers going up my face for a week. Plus I couldn't stop throwing up blood the first day.

God just remembering that **** is making me shudder.

Old
05-12-2009, 03:08 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:

Nothing makes a guy feel better then seeing some hot chicks. Google the beautiful woman in ur avy and feel better.

Better yet, try looking for these fine ladies.

Lucy Pinder

Gemma Atkinson

nice

Old
05-12-2009, 03:11 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
God I remember when I got my teeth pulled, they gave me percocet, and that **** is not fun. I only had one and that ****ing thing was enough to **** me up for a week, and the pain never went away. I ended up throwing the rest of the bottle out. The whole wisdom teeth thing sucks though. All of mine were impacted and I have a tiny mouth, so they had to stretch it using those plastic jawns, so I had sores that looked like cat whiskers going up my face for a week. Plus I couldn't stop throwing up blood the first day.

God just remembering that **** is making me shudder,
Im still spitting up blood lol. Its so hard to sleep when the Novocain is still working. You dont even notice when the blood starts dripping out of your mouth. I take penecilin and oxycodine. The oxy stuff is the stuff that makes me fall asleep. Also I can hadly open my mouth up right now because then my stitches start to rip and then I start bleeding. I had 3 impacted. All three of them hurt, when the fourth one just is annoying at times.

Old
05-12-2009, 03:14 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Im still spitting up blood lol. Its so hard to sleep when the Novocain is still working. You dont even notice when the blood starts dripping out of your mouth. I take penecilin and oxycodine. The oxy stuff is the stuff that makes me fall asleep. Also I can hadly open my mouth up right now because then my stitches start to rip and then I start bleeding. I had 3 impacted. All three of them hurt, when the fourth one just is annoying at times.
Holy ****. I gotta get my 4 wisdoms out soon. They are coming in and crushing my other teeth together real bad. I will probably need some serious dental work done in the next few years. I don't know why I never had braces, I sure could have used them.

Old
05-12-2009, 03:24 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Nothing makes a guy feel better then seeing some hot chicks. Google the beautiful woman in ur avy and feel better.

Better yet, try looking for these fine ladies.

Lucy Pinder

Gemma Atkinson

nice
I love you dude lol Lucy is hot as hell, and I think Gemma with long hair was hotter then short hair for some reason.

The ones I look at alot now are Alizee, Adriana Lima, and Alessandra Ambrosio. (Megan Fox is also in there but no shyt right? lol)

A new girl Im looking at is Tori Praver. She's bangin...

Old
05-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Oh **** man. I got oxycodine when I had to get surgery on my tooth a year ago. That stuff, on the other hand, is fun. Sure it knocked me out, but for like a half an hour before hand I would honestly just sit there, stare at my TV and feel like I was floating.
When I got my wisdom teeth out though, I couldn't keep my mouth closed. My gums were so swollen, they would touch each other when I tried to close my mouth and it felt so weird. You'll probably be spitting up blood tomorrow too. I actually threw it up at first. Just make sure when you go to sleep, you're not using a good pillow case. You're gonna be drooling a lot.

Old
05-12-2009, 03:30 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
When i got my wisdom teeth out I was eating solid food by the end of the day and off pain killers by the 2nd day. You are a bunch of *******!

Old
05-12-2009, 03:30 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Oh **** man. I got oxycodine when I had to get surgery on my tooth a year ago. That stuff, on the other hand, is fun. Sure it knocked me out, but for like a half an hour before hand I would honestly just sit there, stare at my TV and feel like I was floating.
When I got my wisdom teeth out though, I couldn't keep my mouth closed. My gums were so swollen, they would touch each other when I tried to close my mouth and it felt so weird. You'll probably be spitting up blood tomorrow too. I actually threw it up at first. Just make sure when you go to sleep, you're not using a good pillow case. You're gonna be drooling a lot.
Haha I already got in trouble for that today. Went to sleep on the coach and didnt even notice I was drooling on the pillow till my brother came in. Everything below my jaw is still numb for some reason, so I cant really feel anything. I just gotta make sure I brush my teeth hella well, case if the wounds get infected Im screwed...

Old
05-12-2009, 03:32 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
When i got my wisdom teeth out I was eating solid food by the end of the day and off pain killers by the 2nd day. You are a bunch of *******!
It depends really. I know some of my friends had all impacted and couldnt eat real food for 2-3 days. Just hurts alot lol. You might have had them not impacted, in that that case wouldnt hurt. trust me, I would throw up if I tried eating real food right now. Im in so much pain.

Old
05-12-2009, 03:32 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Me too, more or less, but I had no impaction and good amount of space. I did, however, have a prescription that was meant to last two weeks. Brilliant.

Old
05-12-2009, 03:34 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
I love you dude lol Lucy is hot as hell, and I think Gemma with long hair was hotter then short hair for some reason.

The ones I look at alot now are Alizee, Adriana Lima, and Alessandra Ambrosio. (Megan Fox is also in there but no shyt right? lol)

A new girl Im looking at is Tori Praver. She's bangin...
Megan Fox is crazy hot.

I much prefer long hair to short hair. Cut your hair short when you have kids, not when your in your 20's, haha.

Lucy Pinder is sooooo hot. Brunette, buxom, beautiful, and her voice is awesome.

let me just say when I started naming some of my electronics, I looked to the hotties I like for influence. I got so tired of seeing My iPod or ****'s iPod, so I gave them names.

external harddrive = H:/Lucy
iPod = Gemma (for Miss Atkinson)
iPhone = Giselle (named after the "Cam with Her" one with a different spelling, not Tom Brady's one who is also hotness)

I have a Dell Mini 9 with OS X, but rather then use a girls name, I just call it MacBook Mini or BabyBook

the xbox doesnt deserve a name, but if it did, it would be "lady of red rings"

Anyone else name their stuff? I did call my Jeep Wrangler "Theresa".

Old
05-12-2009, 03:36 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Me too, more or less, but I had no impaction and good amount of space. I did, however, have a prescription that was meant to last two weeks. Brilliant.
Yeah for me it wasn't really that bad either, but they weren't really hurting much before I got them out anyways.

Also on the topic of hot women check out Misa Campo- there are some pics of her in a hockey jersey unfortunately that jersey is a Habs jersey

Old
05-12-2009, 03:39 PM
IrishSniper87

Nothing kills a boner like a habs jersey. ****

I think of all the teams I hate, dating a toronto or habs fan would suck the most.

More so then a Pens or Rags fan even.

Old
05-12-2009, 03:46 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Old
05-12-2009, 03:47 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Bernie!

Old
05-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
to me it looked like he was throwing that with his wrong hand or he did it on purpose. I mean no one can honestly miss that bad from 60 feet can they? lol
Gary can...LOL. I'll have to catch the replay on Howard on Friday...

Quote:
On a completely different and random note, I just thought about FF97 for some reason. Does anybody have any idea whatever happened to her?
She does still pop in here in there. With school ending soon, maybe we'll start to see her more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hamels View Post
So i heard today in class that their was a Sonic being built/built already in south jersey on 38. Is this true? and if so where on 38? Those damn commercials make you want to go there so bad.
That would be cool. I just want to try it..those commercials work!

Quote:
I used to laugh at my friend who had to do that. I felt bad though cause she was bigger, plus with all the pads, it would take her triple the amount of time some days to finish one lap around the field. I miss those days though. That's when I used to be able to run a mile in 6 minutes.
I was goalie for our field hockey team. I didn't have to do sprints, but I all the other running and warm ups I had to do in full gear. It definitelty sucked..LOL. But, I loved it!

Quote:
I got my wisdom teeth taken out 9:00 in the morning today. My face hurts sooooooooooooo bad....
Uggh.... I feel for ya!

Quote:
I dunno how you did that. I was out for a week, but they were also imapcted for me. I only had 2 done. My dentists tells me I eventually need to get the other 2 done, but they don't hurt and they aren't screwing up my other teeth, so I'm in no hurry.

Old
05-12-2009, 04:13 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
You Americans and your coffee. Nothing will ever beat a good cup of tea.
Lucky for me, Canadians drink both!

And it doesn't get better than:

Old
05-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
05-12-2009, 04:29 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Hockey fans can make a difference in the NHL! I just learned from the "worst goal song" thread that the reason that the CBJ has a cannon in their building for goals is because HFers and I guess maybe other fans kept writing e-mails and calling into the radio about it. Apparently the idea started here? Awesomeness.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=293816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
The cool thing about the Cannon got it's start right here on HFBoards
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=293816

It was discussed here consistently and fans kept calling the radio show with Doug McLean (and later Ken Hitchcock) Suggesting it and asking about it. It got so "bad" there was one show where they started the show saying "We won't discuss the Cannon idea today." Yet fans kept calling and writing.

Eventually the newspaper boys jumped on board
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...5_366BDU3.html

And not long after that, we had our Cannon
http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2007/09/kaboom.shtml

So if you want something unique for your team come up with an idea and run with it. I think the whole talk of a Cannon started after a game in Calgary when their flaming goal celebration started while the puck was still live causing the Jackets to quit playing and the Calgary players to then actually score. We wanted something unique and our own that we could shoot off in the middle of the play and distract the other team for a free goal

Old
05-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I am looking forward to the new MLS team. I want to get season tickets, but I don't think it's in the cards. I'm the only one I know who will even bother with soccer.
I've been to one Toronto FC game, it's pretty ****ing intense! As a fellow sports junky, you'll have a blast I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Garth Snow?

Closed Thread