HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 7. Pittsburgh Penguins @ Washington Capitals. 5/13/2009. 7 PM. Verizon Center.

Old
05-13-2009, 11:23 AM
BamaCapsFan

vCash: 500
I can't remember another sporting event I was as emotionally invested in. Not the SEC Championship last year (Alabama vs Florida) and not even the Stanley Cup finals in 98. I have never absolutely had to, for my sanity, needed my team to win like I do tonight. WE MUST BEAT PITTSBURGH! The ghosts of post-seasons past must be exorcised!

BamaCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Hot Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvechkinFan92801 View Post
I have to be at work; there's no getting out of it!! Those periodic primal screams you'll be hearing all day...those'll be from me.

Adding to the agony is the fact that the puck drops during the busiest part of our day.

Just. Freakin'. Win.
What's that stuff that makes you throw up almost instantly? Maybe you could get your hands on some of that.

Then you can tell your boss "I'd stay here at work if I could stop throwing up! Guess I'll, uh, have to go home and, uh, rest..."

Hot Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 11:30 AM
marcel snapshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
McCreary and O'Hallaran.
Unfugginbelievable.

Unless you're joking. In that case -- good one.

I guess either way, it's a joke.

marcel snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Foy

Really? I'm happy with McCreary at home.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Hot Carlson

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, it's a Game 7, and I think they'll let the players play for the most part. Officiating won't decide this one, the Caps need to come out and get a quick goal or two...or eight.

Old
05-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

I am feeling a dandy and 4-2 victory for the CAPS.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:07 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

We're done with believe, let's take it to them.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:09 PM
El Maestro

Let's advance to the conference finale!! Go caps go, we believe!!

El Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Give Cindy and the Pens hell. Go Caps.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:21 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
I know its against Bruce's religion, but I would get Semin heck everyone at RW flying around Gill at every opportunity. And tell the boys if we get a lead late in the 3rd period, ice the puck like a man. no more pansie ass clears to point, I cant take it anymore.

Dont be afraid of a faceoff. Try and take advantage of the faceoff edge we had in the first 6 games and go from there.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Kegger

4-1 Caps.

Just saying....

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:51 PM
marcel snapshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
but I would get Semin heck everyone at RW flying around Gill at every opportunity.
Agreed. Gill is more potentially more vulnerable to small, speedy forwards that try to dart around him -- he really can't turn well -- than he is to Alex's straight-on, freight train the D guy approach.

marcel snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 12:55 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

OMG...it's only 12:55.

Back to bed.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:05 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel snapshot View Post
Agreed. Gill is more potentially more vulnerable to small, speedy forwards that try to dart around him -- he really can't turn well -- than he is to Alex's straight-on, freight train the D guy approach.
Bruce wont exploit that, unfortunately. Bruce tries to beat you straight up, no pansie ass tinkering. Full attack. Semin will get out against Gill a handful of times, and will have to take it upon himself to do it. I hope he remembers his success from last game. Bruce should tell everyone to go wide on him. Perusing the Pens board, a poster noted that he needed to be benched as the Wings in the finals last year exploited it to no end and saw the same in our game 6.

Old
05-13-2009, 01:15 PM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaCapsFan View Post
I can't remember another sporting event I was as emotionally invested in. Not the SEC Championship last year (Alabama vs Florida) and not even the Stanley Cup finals in 98. I have never absolutely had to, for my sanity, needed my team to win like I do tonight. WE MUST BEAT PITTSBURGH! The ghosts of post-seasons past must be exorcised!
Yeah, this one is up there. But somehow, compared with the Game 7 against the Rangers, I'll be much happier after a win, but a lot less disappointed with a loss. I guess because to lose in Round 1 Game 7 on home ice second year in a row could be absolutely devastating to team morale... whatever happens today, this season will have been a step forward.

Having said that, to beat the hated Pens in Game 7, in front of the red army in Verizon, to erase the history of vassalage, to send Crosby back to the basement, to get to within one step of the Stanley Cup finals -- Caps' fans would become the best candidates to send on a two-year solitary mission to Mars -- all they'd need to feel warm and fuzzy would be a dvd of these 7 games.

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Islanders1932

Lets Go Capitals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets Go Caps!!!! Go Caps Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Captain Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
And when your sitting in your retirement homes many years from now wouldn't you trade all your playing days from here to the end for just one chance to look our enemies in the eye and say...
coffee or tea?

Captain Conservative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:26 PM
WcRoenick97

Man this game is HUGEEEE. 4 hours left until I get off work. And this is the biggest Caps game since 98. WE MUST WIN, WE MUST!

WcRoenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:31 PM
bgroban

bgroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:33 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WcRoenick97 View Post
Man this game is HUGEEEE. 4 hours left until I get off work. And this is the biggest Caps game since 98. WE MUST WIN, WE MUST!
3 Hours here, and I can't sit still since I woke up this morning! One Pens team down another to follow!

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:40 PM
M4TR1X
HFB Partner

AO has to be sharp tonight. Regardless if he scores tonight he just has to be good.

From a Senators fan, destroy those penguins!

M4TR1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Saved*

May the best team win

I would like to preface this post by saying this is the first thread I have created in over 1 month, so it's something special.

Through this 'rivalry', I have came to realize a few things: Just because the media wants there to be a big rivalry, doesn't mean we have to fall into chaos if our team loses.

I'm a Penguins fan and you're a Capitals fan. Why does that mean we can't be friends? Is it because Ovechkin isn't a Penguin fan, and Sidney Crosby isn't a fan of Ovechkin?

We gnaw at each other back and forth and I for one am tired of taking part in it.

Win or lose, the best team won. If you guys win, great, I'll be happy for you guys and hope you guys can knock out the Red Wings for me. If we win, so be it. You guys have a great team, and if you lose, think of it like this:

A recent poll has voted the 2009 Washington/Pittsburgh series as the best series of all time. Also, with a 1 or 2 goal margin of victory tonight, it is also statistically the closest series of all time.

As a Penguins fan, I'm just happy I was able to witness this. As a Capital's fan, you guys should be two. We get to watch two great teams battle it out in what is arguably the best series of all time. The loser will not walk the walk of shame, but walk with head held high by being beaten by the better team.

What say you? Can we put some animosity aside and enjoy some hockey? I don't see why we can't.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 01:46 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Gonchar, a game time decision?? He is playing tonight. But I thought he was out "weeks". Wow we do have the best healthcare system in the world... err or never believe a teams injury report. They were trying to milk a suspension on a bruise.

Old
05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Hot Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HURAKAN View Post
I would like to preface this post by saying this is the first thread I have created in over 1 month, so it's something special.

Through this 'rivalry', I have came to realize a few things: Just because the media wants there to be a big rivalry, doesn't mean we have to fall into chaos if our team loses.

I'm a Penguins fan and you're a Capitals fan. Why does that mean we can't be friends? Is it because Ovechkin isn't a Penguin fan, and Sidney Crosby isn't a fan of Ovechkin?

We gnaw at each other back and forth and I for one am tired of taking part in it.

Win or lose, the best team won. If you guys win, great, I'll be happy for you guys and hope you guys can knock out the Red Wings for me. If we win, so be it. You guys have a great team, and if you lose, think of it like this:

A recent poll has voted the 2009 Washington/Pittsburgh series as the best series of all time. Also, with a 1 or 2 goal margin of victory tonight, it is also statistically the closest series of all time.

As a Penguins fan, I'm just happy I was able to witness this. As a Capital's fan, you guys should be two. We get to watch two great teams battle it out in what is arguably the best series of all time. The loser will not walk the walk of shame, but walk with head held high by being beaten by the better team.

What say you? Can we put some animosity aside and enjoy some hockey? I don't see why we can't.
I don't have anything against Pens fans, save for the ones who want Ovechkin to be injured or run their mouths about how all of us Caps fans are frontrunners.

The team, though? Different story. There's a lot of anger and frustration here. If the Caps win tonight, I think we'll be slightly more amicable. Another loss to the Pens, though, and you can forget it.

Old
05-13-2009, 02:07 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Gonchar, a game time decision?? He is playing tonight. But I thought he was out "weeks". Wow we do have the best healthcare system in the world... err or never believe a teams injury report. They were trying to milk a suspension on a bruise.
I was under the impression he had to have the leg amputated. I mean, the Jeff Gillooly hit Ovechkin pulled on him was the most vicious I've ever seen.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote