HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Leafs Trying to Trade Up for Tavares

Old
05-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Yet, Leaf fans get all excited when Daren Dreger writes stuff like "It is widely believed that....."

Last week, Dubey was on the board getting all irrate because nobody would accept a HOT STOVE report that "sources say the Isles MIGHT draft Hedman" as proof positive that Toronto would have a shot at Tavares. MooseJoke, who admittly is the worst the Toronto fanbase has to offer, got his curls in an uproar for most of last winter about similar crap with regard to Kubina, McCabe, etc.

I totally dismiss what Berger says personally, and think it is ridiculous. Still, I'm 100% confident that Toronto fans would be buying it in bulk if it supported what they want to believe.
I'm not here to debate what the majority of Leaf fans believe or what the posters you mentioned have said or done, I simple posted that Berger doesn't know what he is talking about.

Nizdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 11:58 AM
mooseOAK*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
I'm not here to debate what the majority of Leaf fans believe or what the posters you mentioned have said or done, I simple posted that Berger doesn't know what he is talking about.
He's kind of obsessed with what a few Leafs fans think and extrapolating that to every one of us and how we think so almost every post has that theme.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan7545 View Post
What would it take for that to be succesful.

I say this years 1st Round,Next Years,Kaberle,Schenn, and a 2 or 3rd round pick
So to move up 5 or 6 spots will cost you?

the 7th overall this year
1st next year
A multiple all star defensman with a reasonable contract
The number 5 pick last year
and a 2nd

After reading this I can only pray for your soul, there is no team nor GM in the history of hockey that would for a minute even consider this stupidity. Enjoy JT whoever gets him and his performance in big games and as a Leaf fan I'll enjoy getting another top 7 pick with a general manager who actually has a plan

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post

fair enough.

I don believe Berger is right thought that Tampa has probably ASKED about that kind of package. I also think there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that it happens.

05-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Wedregast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
So to move up 5 or 6 spots will cost you?

the 7th overall this year
1st next year
A multiple all star defensman with a reasonable contract
The number 5 pick last year
and a 2nd

After reading this I can only pray for your soul, there is no team nor GM in the history of hockey that would for a minute even consider this stupidity. Enjoy JT whoever gets him and his performance in big games and as a Leaf fan I'll enjoy getting another top 7 pick with a general manager who actually has a plan
Your GM's announced plan was Tavares.

Wedregast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 12:40 PM
West Coast Isles Fan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
lol

I've been off the Tavares rumours since the Islanders announced that they are resorting to a fan poll to make the pick.
It's called a contest to win tickets to the draft and get info for potential season ticket holders. Do you honestly think Snow cares what the fans think? He traded down four spots last year when not one fan wanted that.

West Coast Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
Hey, I've been thinking it over and there is a way for the Leafs to get Tavares straight from the Isles:

To Toronto: #1 Overall

To NYI: #7 Overall, Luke Schenn, Next year's #1

Sounds about equal in terms of value, right? This might be my first proposal ever, but it's AWESOME

Ok, thread can end now. Yay!

Pure Slaughter Value is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 05:10 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelle31 View Post
Don't forget that the Lightning gave their 4th rounder in this year's draft for that and the Leafs ended up losing a 4th rounder as compensation for signing that swedish defenseman last year, so the Lightning helped the Leafs out.
I'd like to think that they got more than a 4th round pick for all of that especially since Jonas Frogren wasn't really worth the trouble.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 05:42 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Given the ridiculous load of inappropriate behaviour going on here, I'm closing this thread for a few minutes for clean-up purposes. It will be re-opened once everything is sorted out, with the expectation that all of the flaming stops.

Thanks for your patience.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
Sometimes I use Twitter: @Nemesis_HF
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 06:04 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Ok, this thread is open for business again, with a proviso:

There will be no more flaming tolerated. The next person who flames or drags up old battles or anything like that is getting an infraction and kicked out of the thread. You can critique the post, but not the poster. That's always been an HF rule and it always will be.

Oh, and maybe instead of posting complaints about "where are the mods" and "why isn't this locked up?" you should just file a report. Mods are not here to comb through every single active thread searching for inappropriate posts. If people don't report things, they can and often will be missed. We'd much rather you use the report feature instead of firing off insults at a poster you think crossed the line.

Thanks.

Last edited by The Nemesis: 05-12-2009 at 06:12 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 07:43 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
fair enough.

I don believe Berger is right thought that Tampa has probably ASKED about that kind of package. I also think there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that it happens.
I wouldnt be so sure... Burke will trade anything to get what he wants, he has attachment to nobody on the current roster.

mind you, this all depends on who he really wants to draft, and what the Isles do. ...Duchene was the player most scouted by the Leafs from a few reports.
Burke also has an affinity for big talented d-men in the Pronger mold. ...and he has been on record a few times about Tavares.

The only other player he spoke about by name (Schenn jr) he pretty much said, if he's still available, and we're able to get him... He didnt really sound as 'high' on him as the others (for obvious reasons)

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
I wouldnt be so sure... Burke will trade anything to get what he wants, he has attachment to nobody on the current roster.

mind you, this all depends on who he really wants to draft, and what the Isles do. ...Duchene was the player most scouted by the Leafs from a few reports.
Burke also has an affinity for big talented d-men in the Pronger mold. ...and he has been on record a few times about Tavares.

The only other player he spoke about by name (Schenn jr) he pretty much said, if he's still available, and we're able to get him... He didnt really sound as 'high' on him as the others (for obvious reasons)
Well Burke pretty much cleared the Schenn issue up today on the radio. He said he'll most likely be Toronto's captain of the future.

Nizdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote