HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

HF Article Organization Rankings 20-11

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2004, 11:46 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
HF Article Organization Rankings 20-11

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7223

Old
09-29-2004, 12:26 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

this is starting to look as flawed as last year. somehow, minnesota, edmonton and anaheim are going to be top 10...and i just don't see that. shrug, oh well. at least we're improving from FOURTEEN

Old
09-29-2004, 12:35 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

We added Voloshenko, Sprunger to our group...Rizk is having a very strong outing this year and we already had strong depth at center with Wallin, O'Sullivan, Koivu, and Courchaine...

Add in the strong seasons of Irmen and we still have Foy, that's a lot of good depth at the forward position with some really big surprises.

Lots of high risk, high reward prospects...

And then add in Thelen and Burns on the blueline with Bolduc breaking out and Misharin having a good season last year with Heid, Michalek, Stoner, Reitz, and Stokes rounding them out and that's some good depth and some good players there.

Only problem I really see is goaltending depth...

Old
09-29-2004, 12:43 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
We added Voloshenko, Sprunger to our group...Rizk is having a very strong outing this year and we already had strong depth at center with Wallin, O'Sullivan, Koivu, and Courchaine...

Add in the strong seasons of Irmen and we still have Foy, that's a lot of good depth at the forward position with some really big surprises.

Lots of high risk, high reward prospects...

And then add in Thelen and Burns on the blueline with Bolduc breaking out and Misharin having a good season last year with Heid, Michalek, Stoner, Reitz, and Stokes rounding them out and that's some good depth and some good players there.

Only problem I really see is goaltending depth...
the problem is...outside thelen, o'sullivan...and MAYBE koivu...most of those are the types of prospects that every team has a few of...guys that look pretty decent, but are hardly "sure things."

Old
09-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
this is starting to look as flawed as last year. somehow, minnesota, edmonton and anaheim are going to be top 10...and i just don't see that. shrug, oh well. at least we're improving from FOURTEEN
Depends - Minnesota still has Koivu, Burns, O'Sullivan whose stock has sky-rocketed, as well as several good players they drafted this year - Voloshenko and Thelen. I think they can be considered top 10...its just a matter of perspective.

I'm not sure about Edmonton either, but two first round picks this year along with Pouilot from last years draft and the players they acquired via trades this year Gilbert (Huge underrated dman) and Woywitika....not to mention Deslauriers is decent depth in all areas....and pretty high-end talent at that. I like them in the top 10, but not that high...

Anaheim is a head-scratcher, but one has to assume that the panel really liked Getzlaf and Bryzgalof b/c otherwise there are just not that many top-end prospects (Smid and Perry is about it).

Overall, though, I like this years list. The write ups are better. Some teams like New Jersey have been bumped down significantly (their ranking at no. 4 last year was an absolute joke), and as long as Montreal doesn't claim no. 1 overall again...then I will accept this list as the best one in awhile. Its better than last year, at the least, and although I would have likely flip flopped Florida and Anaheim...its like I said....just a matter of perspective.

Oh and - Nashville got into the top 10 where they belonged! Now if we can just make sure they aren't no. 10!

09-29-2004, 12:50 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I agree with Enoch, matter of prespective...

O'Sullivan, Foy, Irmen, Courchaine, Wallin, Koivu, Voloshenko all could be very good top six wingers/centers and if they are developed right Sprunger and Rizk could join them. I don't know much about the later round draft guys.

Courchaine might get his boost from Brule and Bolduc might get his boost from Bolduc but...

Thelen, Burns are good top 4 defensemen, Bolduc might turn out to be a steal in the 9th round of the 2003 draft if he continues progressing the way he does, Misharin looked good as I said, Stoner is a Mitchell type as is Stokes...

I'm really happy with the prospects Minnesota got.

Old
09-29-2004, 10:19 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
They've really revamped this list. I'm not sure they went off of last years much at all. It's funny, we have the best draft in our history and drop several spots. Now we have a relatively weak draft and gain some spots. I think they just started fresh and redid it.

Old
09-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
They've really revamped this list. I'm not sure they went off of last years much at all. It's funny, we have the best draft in our history and drop several spots. Now we have a relatively weak draft and gain some spots. I think they just started fresh and redid it.
I think they wanted to wait and see how all prospects drafted from the previous year performed...and with two of our canadian boys qbing their teams offense to the Memorial Cup will almost do that 9 times out of 10 plus Suter, Upshall, Shishkanov, etc, etc, etc...

Old
09-29-2004, 10:25 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I think they wanted to wait and see how all prospects drafted from the previous year performed...and with two of our canadian boys qbing their teams offense to the Memorial Cup will almost do that 9 times out of 10 plus Suter, Upshall, Shishkanov, etc, etc, etc...
I'd buy that if all the other teams with great drafts didn't move up considerably.

Old
09-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Hossa

Quote:
The group is different each year, and it is not done as a comparison to the previous list. Each list is independent from the last for a number of reasons. One great reason is that this year, the criteria is difference because over the summer, we re-invented what is an eligible prospect. That may not have impacted the Predators, but if nothing else, it means that the last list had little direct bearing on this list.

Glad to hear that generally the feedback is good. It's actually quite amazing, and the general reaction has been about as good as I could have expected as a member of the committee.

Old
09-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
I'd buy that if all the other teams with great drafts didn't move up considerably.
Exactly - If they were to wait a year...the NY Rangers have no buisness being in the top 10 .

Old
09-29-2004, 11:40 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa
The group is different each year, and it is not done as a comparison to the previous list. Each list is independent from the last for a number of reasons. One great reason is that this year, the criteria is difference because over the summer, we re-invented what is an eligible prospect. That may not have impacted the Predators, but if nothing else, it means that the last list had little direct bearing on this list.

Glad to hear that generally the feedback is good. It's actually quite amazing, and the general reaction has been about as good as I could have expected as a member of the committee.
I figured it was independent of last years. Hey, I can't complain. We are top 10.

Old
09-29-2004, 12:51 PM
saskhab

I like Minnesota's group, and Josh Harding is probably the most underrated prospect in the NHL. What more does a guy have to do to get top prospect consideration...

Anaheim has a great group, though Lupul apparently doesn't qualify anymore... Bryzgalov, Getzlaf, Perry, Smid, and a good group of almost made it d-men like Popovic, Foster, and Malec.

This year's top 10 looks like it belongs there. The Caps should be #1.

Old
09-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
This year's top 10 looks like it belongs there. The Caps should be #1.
I think every non-homeristic Habs fan can agree with that statement...the Caps are absolutely SET for the future

Old
09-29-2004, 01:03 PM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I think every non-homeristic Habs fan can agree with that statement...the Caps are absolutely SET for the future
I think, at best, the Habs should be #5, but probably lower. We weren't a #1 last year, but the Oilers weren't a #2 either.

Closed Thread