HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sundin Could Come Back!!!

Old
05-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Biggzy*

vCash: 500
Honestly, who really gives a **** if he comes back? I remember Canucks fans swore they were gonna win the cup once Sundin signed. He was a bust for the first 20 games he played and still never played that great afterwards.

Sundin is a tool.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

have fun in Sweden Mats, your NHL days are over

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Vancouver fans, if you are reading this, Sundin is a piece of crap! what has he done for you in the playoffs?!?! Burrows and Kesler totally beat out Sundin by themselves! Your better off saving the 7-8M he'll demand for someone like Gaborik...

My opinion anyhow...

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 10:42 AM
cfrancis

Send a message via AIM to cfrancis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny side up View Post
IMO if no one really wants him.. if the NHL allows this.. he will sign a 1 week contract to play for the leafs and retire a leaf like he should
If I was a Leafs fan I'd be furious about this. Sundin screwed them by not allowing himself to be traded and then walking in the offseason.

cfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Vancouver fans, if you are reading this, Sundin is a piece of crap! what has he done for you in the playoffs?!?! Burrows and Kesler totally beat out Sundin by themselves! Your better off saving the 7-8M he'll demand for someone like Gaborik...

My opinion anyhow...
Sundin was pretty darn good against the Hawks. He's not the player he was, but he's still a legit 1st line player if he commits to a team and shows up in shape.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Sundin isn't a mercenary... I think if he returns it will be to Vancouver; I think most would agree with me aswell.

That being said, if Sundin waits until past July 1st to make a decision I beleive Gillis will go about building his team without Sundin. If Sundin decides later he wants to play, Gillis will then make the appropriate moves to acquire him (assuming he feels he can help improve the team).

Also, if Sundin does play, he won't be making more than the Sedins.. So were talking around a 5mil cap hit, which I'm sure Sundin will be fine with.

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Honestly, who really gives a **** if he comes back? I remember Canucks fans swore they were gonna win the cup once Sundin signed. He was a bust for the first 20 games he played and still never played that great afterwards.

Sundin is a tool.
For sure win the cup? Uh no, we never said that. We said we were a legitimate contender with Sundin. Sundin didn't play up to expectations in the regular season but he was pretty much a PPG player in the playoffs and played very well in the games we needed him most.

We never said we were gonna win it with him.. We said we were contenders... I still beleive we were! Chicago beat us cause they were too fast.. IF we coulda somehow got by them, we coulda made a good run at a team like Anaheim I beleive... (Not saying we coulda won, be c'mon.. We were obvs contenders).

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Sundin was pretty darn good against the Hawks. He's not the player he was, but he's still a legit 1st line player if he commits to a team and shows up in shape.
Well, I saw him as a waste of time. Hasn't proven to Vancouver he's the best player on the team, and getting paid to be is just absurd.

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage View Post
I'd still like to know how a guy saying "I haven't made up my mind yet" is 'antics'.
Didn't you know? A professional athlete is not entitled to the same rights as every other individual who works, the freedom to make decisions about his career on his own terms.

No, he is supposed to base his decisions on the timetable that suits the fan and the media hack. You know, the important people who believe they should control his life.

Last edited by Trottier: 05-14-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 01:07 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Didn't you know? A professional athlete is not entitled to the same rights as every other individual who works, the freedom to make decisions about his career on his own terms.

No, he is supposed to based his decisions on the timetable that suits the fan and the media hack. You know, the important people who believe they should control his life.
How dare you? Sundin is obviously the one who spent every waking hour last season making sure the fans never forgot that he still hadn't made up his mind. It's not like the sports media constantly riles things like this up and keeps shoving it down the throats of the fans.

What an ******* that Sundin is!

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 01:08 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
sundin could come back???

WHO CARES!!!!

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 01:45 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post

Sundin is a tool.

Speaking of tools ..........................

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Peter Griffin

If Sundin is to come back to Vancouver he'll have to decide well before July 1st IMO. Gillis isn't going to wait around for him again and my guess is that Sundin will want to make a decision a lot sooner this year. Coming back mid-way through the season was a lot harder than he expected I imagine. At his age he needs to be fully committed for the whole summer and training camp if he is to play another season.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 02:30 PM
LamoTheKid

Jeez, he's like Brett Favre 2.0

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
JL17

Well Mats was hitting his stride when the Canucks got booted out. He played well in two straight games...

I think he needs to pack it in. Leave the league being one of the best and being remembered as a great player. Not the player that held out and couldn't make a decision on who and when to play.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 03:07 PM
maxdanno115

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne98 View Post
ffff sundin that guy things he is Mario lemieux or something. he is not even a 4th line centre anymore, he should just retire, so sick of hearing that he doesn't want to make a decision. every 30 teams in the league should make the decision for him this time. He sucked for vancouver this year. was not worth what they paid him.
8 points in 8 playoff games says your wrong

maxdanno115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Go Habs Go

Sundin needs to retire in Toronto. Mats don't go to NY, VAN, MON...just go back to Toronto, you are a Leaf for life.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 04:39 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Sundin was back to his normal self after the first 10 games. 38 points in 47 games other than those first 10....how exactly was that horrible?

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 04:59 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Sundin was back to his normal self after the first 10 games. 38 points in 47 games other than those first 10....how exactly was that horrible?
$5M for 38 points.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 05:15 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
$5M for 38 points.
Hmm, more points than Horcoff and Penner in almost half the games, also a better ppg than the super rooks, Gagner and Cogliano.

I guess its no wonder Edmonton missed the playoffs.

Old
05-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
$5M for 38 points.
Who really cares? It was cap space that otherwise would've likely went unused.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 06:44 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Who really cares? It was cap space that otherwise would've likely went unused.
It seems only Oiler fans care, its been so long since their team has taken the ice that they need some sort of release.

Old
05-14-2009, 07:25 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post

My opinion anyhow...
I can't tell if this is a joke or not, but anyway...

Sundin scored as many points as Kesler and Burrows combined in the playoffs despite playing two fewer games than either of them; he lead the entire Canucks team in the Chicago series with 7 points in 6 games; and the only other players who've put up the same scoring pace in the playoffs while playing similar minutes are Kane, Ryder, and Kessel, and all of those guys had the benefit of playing with more talent than Sundin did. But year, Kesler and Burrows really showed him with their 4 points in 10 games each.

opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Grub
First Line Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Sundin needs to retire in Toronto. Mats don't go to NY, VAN, MON...just go back to Toronto, you are a Leaf for life.
And a Loser for life if he does. :p

Sorry that had to come out. Sundin is cup thirsty in my opinion he should sign with detroit...But if the canucks are good come free agency then why not resign.

Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 07:32 PM
UnModified

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
I can't tell if this is a joke or not, but anyway...

Sundin scored as many points as Kesler and Burrows combined in the playoffs despite playing two fewer games than either of them; he lead the entire Canucks team in the Chicago series with 7 points in 6 games; and the only other players who've put up the same scoring pace in the playoffs while playing similar minutes are Kane, Ryder, and Kessel, and all of those guys had the benefit of playing with more talent than Sundin did. But year, Kesler and Burrows really showed him with their 4 points in 10 games each.
There is no room for logic or facts on HF.

UnModified is offline   Reply With Quote