HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tukka Rask's contract?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-15-2009, 08:20 AM
  #26
ripley
Registered User
 
ripley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Except that he will be the backup and sit and watch and play only 20 games. Not happening.
Why should anyone accept that your conjecture may be right when you can't even get known facts right?

ripley is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 08:22 AM
  #27
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
You guys just don't get it do you....

Thomas will not be playing only 40 games.

Huet and Khabibulin hardly need to IMPROVE their skills and are NOT ROOKIES.

You don't let a rookie goalie sit as a backup - they need lots and lots of playing time.

Rask will not backup Thomas...I guarantee that! They will pick up some stiff off of waivers or make a minor deal to get a backup that earns 1-2M.

Rask will then either play another year at Providence or get shopped. If Thomas gets hurt - Rask will THEN and only THEN play 50 games in the NHL with Boston.


And...ps...I did not arrive here at the forums after the season ended. Yes, I started posting about a week ago - but have been reading this forum all year.
Actually i am pretty sure that MOST rookie goalies start as backups. Not many come right in as a rookie and are given the #1 job.

Care to put money where your mouth is? I guarantee that Rask will backup Thomas next year.

Scotto74 is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 08:24 AM
  #28
corpfan1
Registered User
 
corpfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Rookies that are as highly touted as Rask don't sit and watch...trust me.

I really think they will move him in a trade.

Also, teams that "compete" for the Stanley Cup usually go with a veteran as a backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
Actually i am pretty sure that MOST rookie goalies start as backups. Not many come right in as a rookie and are given the #1 job.

Care to put money where your mouth is? I guarantee that Rask will backup Thomas next year.

corpfan1 is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 08:24 AM
  #29
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Except that he will be the backup and sit and watch and play only 20 games. Not happening.
yes he will either on the B's (which I think will happen) or on another team. Go down all the starting goalies in the NHL this year and give me how many were #1 in their first year without spending time as backup.

Scotto74 is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 08:25 AM
  #30
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky
 
Ference the Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Just North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 7,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Signed, traded for...whatever - Semantics...still gets paid $5M.

Bottom-line is....

A VEZINA TROPHY WINNER (Thomas shortly) will never play 41 games only the following season unless his confidence is DESTROYED or he gets a major major injury.
Yet again, you're just flat out WRONG. Fernadez' 08-09 salary was 4.74 M, and his cap hit was 4.33M.

Ference the Finger is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 08:27 AM
  #31
corpfan1
Registered User
 
corpfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
I didn't know decimal places were allowed on this forum...oops my bad...again SEMANTICS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadLooch View Post
Yet again, you're just flat out WRONG. Fernadez' 08-09 salary was 4.74 M, and his cap hit was 4.33M.

corpfan1 is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 08:28 AM
  #32
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Rookies that are as highly touted as Rask don't sit and watch...trust me.

I really think they will move him in a trade.

Also, teams that "compete" for the Stanley Cup usually go with a veteran as a backup.
Yes they do sit and watch as you will see. And why should I trust you when nothing you say makes any sense at all. Sorry been watching the game to long to give any credit to anything you are saying about goalies in their rookie year being given the #1 and not spending time as backup. Fail

Scotto74 is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 08:31 AM
  #33
corpfan1
Registered User
 
corpfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Pretty simple...if the Bruins sit Rask as a backup...it is the stupidest thing they will do in the next 365 days.

He gains NO TRADE VALUE that way.

He gains very little skill-building experience.

He eats up cap space.


Plus we don't have a Finnish translator.

Trade him to Carolina - they love their Fins there.

corpfan1 is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 08:32 AM
  #34
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Rookies that are as highly touted as Rask don't sit and watch...trust me.

I really think they will move him in a trade.

Also, teams that "compete" for the Stanley Cup usually go with a veteran as a backup.
Ok just some facts for you. Two recent goalies that were as highly touted as Rask if not more so.

Rick Dipietro (drafted #1 overall) first season played 20 games
Marc-Andre Fleury (drafted #1 overall) first season played 21 games.

But why let actual facts about goalie development get in the way of your argument.

Scotto74 is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 08:33 AM
  #35
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Pretty simple...if the Bruins sit Rask as a backup...it is the stupidest thing they will do in the next 365 days.

He gains NO TRADE VALUE that way.

He gains very little skill-building experience.

He eats up cap space.


Plus we don't have a Finnish translator.

Trade him to Carolina - they love their Fins there.
Um let me think....Fail again. Is it possible to Fail this many time within your first 100 posts?

Scotto74 is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 08:34 AM
  #36
corpfan1
Registered User
 
corpfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Neither team was anywhere close to being a cup contender.

They were there because neither team had a #1 goalie at the time. (i.e. possibly there to become starter if all else fails)

It MAKES NO SENSE for Rask to backup Thomas...none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
Ok just some facts for you. Two recent goalies that were as highly touted as Rask if not more so.

Rick Dipietro (drafted #1 overall) first season played 20 games
Marc-Andre Fleury (drafted #1 overall) first season played 21 games.

But why let actual facts about goalie development get in the way of your argument.

corpfan1 is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 08:34 AM
  #37
corpfan1
Registered User
 
corpfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
We do have a Finnish translator? Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
Um let me think....Fail again. Is it possible to Fail this many time within your first 100 posts?

corpfan1 is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 08:36 AM
  #38
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
We do have a Finnish translator? Who?
Ya because that was the important part of your post. if there was one. I am done with you. go start another Fail thread that makes no sense.

Ignore.

Scotto74 is offline  
Old
05-15-2009, 08:43 AM
  #39
corpfan1
Registered User
 
corpfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 500
Let's see at the All-Star break next year.

I will come back to this post then...and see the results.

I just hope we get something good for Rask in the offseason.

corpfan1 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.