Notices

Mark Recchi's injury

Old
05-14-2009, 11:17 PM
FutureConsiderations

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
They said on TSN during the second intermission that he had Kidney Stones and that he had surgery last night.
Guy's a warrior. Hope he's back one way or another next year.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
They said on TSN during the second intermission that he had Kidney Stones and that he had surgery last night.
Why was he playing then? Couldn't Wheeler have played?

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Cronuss

vCash: 2823
Colin Campbell's brain injury?

Cronuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 06:00 AM
bruinmanny

Kidney Stones as per TSN

bruinmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 06:37 AM
AK37

Send a message via ICQ to AK37 Send a message via AIM to AK37
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
Guy's a warrior. Hope he's back one way or another next year.
Sorry, but NO WAY

I don't care who the guy is - Gretzky, Lemieux, Recchi, Chelios, etc, etc.

I WANT KNOW PART OF THIS TEAM SIGNING A 42 YEAR OLD

AK37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 06:41 AM
bbfan419

I had a kidney stone myself 3 months ago and I can tell you it is the most painful thing that I could ever imagine, I hope none of you ever have this. Remember drinks lots of water and stay away from pop especially colas and keep hydrated.

bbfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 06:50 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK37 View Post
Sorry, but NO WAY

I don't care who the guy is - Gretzky, Lemieux, Recchi, Chelios, etc, etc.

I WANT KNOW PART OF THIS TEAM SIGNING A 42 YEAR OLD
I agree, he's a gritty guy, but no way do I want somone that old next year.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Recchi won't be back.

A shame it had to end for him like that, but the next time you hear of a player sitting out because his pinkie hurts, think of Recchi and what he went through just to be able to try and help the team win.

You don't have to like him or the trade that brought him here, but you have to respect him.

Besides- defense wins championships, and while Boston's guys were game, they were simply too slow and Carolina exploited that weakness well. Peter Chiarelli has got to fix that in the offseason.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Ratty

Judging from the way he was moving, it looked like either an upper, mid or lower body injury. Then again, it could have been his head or neck.

Last edited by Ratty: 05-15-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 09:09 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Recchi won't be back.

A shame it had to end for him like that, but the next time you hear of a player sitting out because his pinkie hurts, think of Recchi and what he went through just to be able to try and help the team win.

You don't have to like him or the trade that brought him here, but you have to respect him.

Besides- defense wins championships, and while Boston's guys were game, they were simply too slow and Carolina exploited that weakness well. Peter Chiarelli has got to fix that in the offseason.
Kirk, Hunwick appears to be a major step in that direction. I already asked you about Alexandrov, you said you saw him play at the WJC, what do you think the chances are of him being signed and being paired with Chara like the B's broke in Gill with Bourque? He was considered the top Russian D for his age group, and given his height/weight that has to make him by default a good mobile puck mover. How does the KHL compare to the AHL? They need mobile puckmovers and those two appear to be all they have rights to. Do you see PC really making a push to get him signed?

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Hunwick fills a need, yes. But, he's one guy. They need one more NHL d-man with speed at a minimum.

Alexandrov = not ready. He needs to get stronger, and expecting him to come in and make an impact right away might be asking alot. Besides- I like his straight line speed, but he's not an explosive skater like Hunwick- so he's not your best option when you're talking adding a player with wheels to the blue line. Alexandrov isn't a bad skater by any means, but he's not going to wow anyone with his mobility.

I'd would think that the Bruins want someone with Mathieu Dandenault's kind of speed back there. Not necessarily a stud defender (although that would be nice) but someone like Joe Corvo, who can simply get to pucks along the wall without chasing. That was the biggest downfall of the B's against the 'Canes, IMO. Their mobile D did a lot to cycle the puck and sustain offensive pressure because the Bruins simply couldn't win the races to loose pucks the way their counterparts in red and white could.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 09:20 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Recchi won't be back.

Mark Recchi played with kidney stones. Baseball players sit out because of a hangnail or a blister.

You're right about the defense. Sturm's coming back next year (hopefully at 100%) which gives the offense a shot in the arm, but I don't see where PC is going to be able to add to this defensive corps this offseason. Krejci and Kessel will make sure he spends right up to the cap without even adding any more players, so I don't know where he's going to bolster the D. Ward is really the only opportune salary dump back there (and he's not really that overpaid) and there doesn't appear to be any NHL-ready defensemen in Providence besides Boychuk, who is a UFA likely looking for a one-way deal for 1M+.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote