HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM-BOS and EDM-TB

Old
05-14-2009, 05:52 PM
OilElite

vCash: 500
EDM-BOS and EDM-TB

Okay let's say the Oilers do sign Bouwmeester.

EDM

Vishnovsky, Nilsson

TB

Meszaros

And then to get the top line player we need...

EDM

Horcoff, Gilbert

BOS

Savard

Why Savard? Because he has managed over near 80 points the last four seasons and with Kessel and Krejci both looking for big raises I'm sure the bruins wouldn't mind getting rid of of Savard's 5 million with next year being the last of his contract. Also, Edmonton trading Gilbert makes room for Bouwmeester.

OilElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 05:57 PM
bolt thrower
Krejci/Smith Mania

Why the hell should we trade out best offensive player?
Two decent players won't get you a superstar!

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 06:00 PM
OilElite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt thrower View Post
Gilbert is a bit more than decent when given the minutes my friend, which he won't get in Edmonton because Souray and Vish have that role already.

OilElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

You realize Visnovsky is WAY better than Mez right?

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Can Boston even take on that kind of salary? Aren't Krejci and Kessel due raises?

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 06:28 PM
ffffffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilElite View Post
EDM

Vishnovsky, Nilsson

TB

Meszaros
Whaaaat? Less than 0% chance the oilers do it.

ffffffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 06:31 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Both of those proposals are terrible for all teams involved for a huge multitude of reasons.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 06:36 PM
HuMz

vCash: 50
No way in hell edmonton does the first one, giving up a top pairing defender and a young winger who has struggled at times but still has a ton of potential for a another guy who is fairly young and trying to reach his potential (which is nowhere near Vish).

Why would Boston give up there best player not too mention an all star, for a overpaid centre making more then Savard and a 4 million dollar defenseman if they wanna shed salary?

Absolute garbage proposals

HuMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 06:45 PM
bigbadbruins1

no way on gods good earth does that land savard. I'm sorry, but he has put up at LEAST 80 points per season for the last four seasons.
Edmonton would undoubtedly have to add for savard... and thats for the bruins to consider it.
I think the bruins consider savard to be a top 5 center in the NHL. he is responsible on all sides of the puck, whether it be full strength, PP, or PK.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

First off, no way we go for Mez. He's an over-paid waste of time and money. Secondly, Savard is pretty much untouchable since he is Bostons best player. Also, I wouldn't say Gilbert is beyond decent. I'd say he's a Top 4 D-man who has flashes of Top 2 but still has his prones (Giving up the puck, etc.) By all means, Gilbert is a great bargain compared to some out there, but he's no where near some of the D-men you see out there.

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 02:31 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
First off, no way we go for Mez. He's an over-paid waste of time and money. Secondly, Savard is pretty much untouchable since he is Bostons best player. Also, I wouldn't say Gilbert is beyond decent. I'd say he's a Top 4 D-man who has flashes of Top 2 but still has his prones (Giving up the puck, etc.) By all means, Gilbert is a great bargain compared to some out there, but he's no where near some of the D-men you see out there.
He is a great player, he always wants to play the kind of heart and soul players you want on your team, an article that comes to mind:

http://lightning.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=422492

Quote:
This story is one that should go down in hockey lore, which is why I feel it is necessary to bring out the truth. Remember back to January 3, 2009 as the Lightning were taking on the Carolina Hurricanes at the St. Pete Times Forum. With about 22.7 seconds remaining on the clock in the second period Carolina’s Anton Babchuk fired a slap shot that struck the face of Lightning defenseman Andrej Meszaros. Meszaros, while bleeding profusely from his mouth, skated off to the locker room and was reported to have 64 stitches. He played the very next night in Atlanta, less than 24 hours after suffering what would give most people nightmares.......After being struck in the face Meszaros went straight to the doctor’s office in the Lightning medical room...... In simple terms, the teeth, and the bone holding them, on the right side of his mouth had been pushed behind those on the left side.....Amazingly, Meszaros wanted to return to the game that night but wasn’t able to simply because the amount of suturing that needed to be done. There was just too much to repair to have him ready before the end of the game. He was even adamant as he was being worked on that the equipment staff put a full cage on his helmet so he could rejoin the game as soon as possible. If the incident would have happened at the end of the first period, instead of the second, Meszaros probably would have been back on the ice.
And that was for a meaningless game. Imagine what he would do in the playoffs

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 08:51 AM
pork chop sandwiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
no way on gods good earth does that land savard. I'm sorry, but he has put up at LEAST 80 points per season for the last four seasons.
Edmonton would undoubtedly have to add for savard... and thats for the bruins to consider it.
I think the bruins consider savard to be a top 5 center in the NHL. he is responsible on all sides of the puck, whether it be full strength, PP, or PK.
top 5 is a bit of a stretch... but you are right, regardless... edmonton would have to add a touch more and reduce salary. i dont think boston could absorb a combined cap hit of almost 9 million for two players

p.s. sorry for your loss... we here in e-town were rootin' for the b's

pork chop sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 10:13 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt thrower View Post
Indeed. Boston needs to loose salary. not gain it.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
He is a great player, he always wants to play the kind of heart and soul players you want on your team, an article that comes to mind:

http://lightning.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=422492

And that was for a meaningless game. Imagine what he would do in the playoffs
I heard opposite. Didn't fit well with T-Bay and hasn't produced anywhere near his time in Ottawa

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:

EDM

Vishnovsky, Nilsson

TB

Meszaros
From the Oilers POV, I wouldn't trade even just Nilsson for Meszaros because of Meszaros' contract.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Ghostbuster

lol at the first trade, Gilbert is arguably better than Meszaros. But if you look @ it as a whole
Visnovsky+Nilsson+Horcoff+Gilbert
for
Meszaros+Savard

That seems more fair, however individually each trade fails flat on its face. Oilers send too much value for Meszaros and not enough for Savard.

Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Gilbert is a bit more than decent when given the minutes my friend, which he won't get in Edmonton because Souray and Vish have that role already.
Cause he'll surpass Chara and Wideman in Boston.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 11:36 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
Brutal all around.

1. Visnovsky>Meszaros, and if the Oilers sign Bouwmeester they likely won't be in the market for a $4M+ defensman.

2. Boston doesn't have the cap room to take on a combined $9.5M cap hit in two players, even sending Savard's $5M the other way.

3. Both Visnovsky and Gilbert play RD. Trading them and bringing in two LD when you already have Grebeshkov and Souray to play the left side in your top 4 doesn't make any sense.

4. Why trade two defensemen for a forward and a defenseman in the first place? Especially when Meszaros and Gilbert are very similar players, only you're trading the guy who fills a need for one who would have to play out of position on your team. Wouldn't it make more sense just to trade one of Visnovsky, Gilbert, or Souray for a forward?

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Darth Milbury

And, Tampa is not sucking up Vish's contract.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 01:12 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
I heard opposite. Didn't fit well with T-Bay and hasn't produced anywhere near his time in Ottawa
Fair enough, do you mind telling me where you heard this??

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:

EDM

Vishnovsky, Nilsson

TB

Meszaros

And then to get the top line player we need...

EDM

Horcoff, Gilbert

BOS

Savard

Why Savard? Because he has managed over near 80 points the last four seasons and with Kessel and Krejci both looking for big raises I'm sure the bruins wouldn't mind getting rid of of Savard's 5 million with next year being the last of his contract. Also, Edmonton trading Gilbert makes room for Bouwmeester.
so BOS gets rid of Savard's 5M but pay Horcoff 5.5 for the next 6 yrs?

why didnt you just make a Visnovsky for Savard proposal ?

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Schennrection

Quote:
So instead of trying to extend him and they cut his salary to add like 5 mil in salary for five years. Either way bad trade for bos especially when they could definately resign him for less then those salarys.

Schennrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Clownpipe*
Whitney Smash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
Can Boston even take on that kind of salary? Aren't Krejci and Kessel due raises?

It's especially funny because he specifically mentions this in his OP and then proceeds to 'solve Boston's problem' by subtracting Savard's $5 mil, while giving them Horcoff @ 5.5 and Gilbert @ 4 (both LT contracts).

Clownpipe* is offline   Reply With Quote