Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Jean-Philippe Lamoureux

Old
04-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Euros

vCash: 500
Jean-Philippe Lamoureux

Is he on the way to AHL/NHL ? Is this reality due to his smallish stature or he will follow guys such as Goering,Kowalski, Westlund, etc who did never get real chance to prove they could do the job in big league ? I guess europe could be good choice for JP

Euros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Twisted Rister

JP is an absolute stud!! He was asked to go to Peoria this season but asked to stay with the Aces, he was developing, we didn't have another goalie and he wanted to stay because it was best for his team. I believe he will be in the AHL next season for sure. He is the same size as Osgood (20# lighter) so I think he still has a shot possible at the top.

Twisted Rister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 10:58 AM
SiouxPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Rister View Post
JP is an absolute stud!! He was asked to go to Peoria this season but asked to stay with the Aces, he was developing, we didn't have another goalie and he wanted to stay because it was best for his team. I believe he will be in the AHL next season for sure. He is the same size as Osgood (20# lighter) so I think he still has a shot possible at the top.
indeed so,
loved watching him at UND,
i bet he's a AHLER next year, no doubt.

SiouxPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 09:45 AM
BDEuph
Hotty Toddy

As a Blues fan, I hope he gets a shot at the backup job behind Bishop in Peoria for '09-'10. His stats dont lie, I want to see how he does in the AHL

BDEuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 05:14 PM
CrazyEddie20

Anyone who has seen Kowalski, Westlund, or Goehring in the AHL knows that they didn't get a shot in the NHL because they weren't even good enough to be effective in the AHL.

CrazyEddie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 08:43 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie20 View Post
Anyone who has seen Kowalski, Westlund, or Goehring in the AHL knows that they didn't get a shot in the NHL because they weren't even good enough to be effective in the AHL.
I agree with what you say about Kowalski and Westlund, but Goehring has been a very effective AHL goalie. Every season in the AHL his GAA has been under 3.00 and his save %age has been over .900.

As for Lamoureux, I admit that I've never seen him play a second in the ECHL. However, there have been plenty of guys who put up great numbers at the ECHL level who weren't even backups at the AHL level (such as the 2 that Eddie mentioned). I'm not saying that will happen with Lamoureux, but the odds are greater that he won't be able to hack it at the AHL level than him being successful there.

Twisted, can you provide any sources that state that he wanted to stay in Alaska even though he was asked to go to Peoria?

BTW, what did he do to earn a fine in the Aces' last playoff game?

Last edited by pelts35.com: 05-13-2009 at 02:24 PM.
pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Habit AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
BTW, what did he do to earn a fine in the Aces' last playoff game?
JP got run into by an opposing player and that set off a decent little line brawl. As the cleanup began he picked up an opposing players stick and tossed it to a fan in the crowd. Throwing sticks into the crowd is a no-no! It's probably the only time I've ever seen him react to anything in a game. That guy is super poised and ice-cold normally. If the Aces go all the way this year he is playoff MVP, no doubt. Hell, even if they lose in the finals he could still be MVP the way he's been playing.

Habit AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 02:38 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit AK View Post
JP got run into by an opposing player and that set off a decent little line brawl. As the cleanup began he picked up an opposing players stick and tossed it to a fan in the crowd. Throwing sticks into the crowd is a no-no! It's probably the only time I've ever seen him react to anything in a game. That guy is super poised and ice-cold normally. If the Aces go all the way this year he is playoff MVP, no doubt. Hell, even if they lose in the finals he could still be MVP the way he's been playing.
And he only got fined? I would consider that to be a slap on the wrist.

I remember a UHL game between Elmira and Binghamton where the Elmira goalie threw a stick into the stands and I believe that he was banned from the UHL after that.

Old
05-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Habit AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
And he only got fined? I would consider that to be a slap on the wrist.

I remember a UHL game between Elmira and Binghamton where the Elmira goalie threw a stick into the stands and I believe that he was banned from the UHL after that.
I thought he might get a game or two as a "zero tolerance" kind of thing, but he was in his home arena, didn't injure anyone and didn't really even do it in anger. It was no different than a player tossing a puck over the glass to a fan, which players do all the time.

Habit AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 11:19 PM
sfo

Yup... that sounds like Lammy.

sfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 08:35 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit AK View Post
I thought he might get a game or two as a "zero tolerance" kind of thing, but he was in his home arena, didn't injure anyone and didn't really even do it in anger. It was no different than a player tossing a puck over the glass to a fan, which players do all the time.
We can agree to disagree on this one, throwing an opposing player's stick into the stands is nothing like tossing a puck over the glass. Regardless of how gently he threw it, the blade or butt end of a stick could do some serious damage to a fan.

The fact that it was on home ice probably saved him from a lengthy suspension if not a ban from the league, which would have probably ended his playing career in North America.

Old
05-15-2009, 04:03 PM
IrascibleOne

I was surprised he wasn't suspended, too. That being said, the league pretty well blew it in regards to that entire game. One of the LV players, Makway, went batcrap crazy when he throttled a prone AK player before peeling away to be the 3rd man in on another altercation. He did almost exatly the same thing the last time these two teams squared off in Anchorage. That time, he received a one game suspension. Somehow those same antics didn't warrant a suspension this time around, even though he's a repeat offender. To top it all off, the league's supervisor of officiating was at the game and witnessed the entire donnybrook. There's just no reasonable explanation for neither player receiving a suspension, IMO.

All that aside, JP's been lights out all year long. The playoffs have been no different. So far in the playoffs, he's 12-2 with a 1.57 GAA and a .949 save percentage and 4 shutouts. This is the best performance I've ever seen for an Aces keeper. He's a joy to watch.

IrascibleOne is offline   Reply With Quote