HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Do you like Dave Lewis?

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1909
last october i was visiting a friend in montreal and got to see the red wings playing the habs...

what astonished me was this...

the habs...a young team just skated and hounded the red wings...backed up by their dazzling goalie theodore...

the red wings...on the other hand played a tired looking version of puck control hockey...really altogether too soft a style...and i remember thinking to myself after that game 'what happens to the red wings in the playoffs...when they meet some wild young team'...

the wings will be a decent team in future...but i honestly cant see them making much impact in any playoffs...sorry wings fans your team got old
I think alot of that blame has to go on Ken Holland though. Not only is this team old, but they are soft, slow and small too.

Closed Thread