HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chuck Kobasew for a mobile puck moving dman?

Old
05-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Chuck Kobasew for a mobile puck moving dman?

For those who don't know, Kobasew is 25, a 3 time 20 goal scorer making just $2.3M for the next two years. He's a speedy, rugged two-way winger who keeps it simple and scores in bunches.

Good player. Good contract. But the B's need to clear a little cap space and get more mobile on defense, so are there any fits out there?

I'd like to see a guy like Ian White, Chris Campoli or Bruno Gervais coming back to the B's.

Thoughts?

Bill Ladd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Sneekypete

Gervais is a inexpensive option. Isles fans have fallen in love with him with his solid second half preformance last season.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 09:51 AM
re5piration
'67 til

If you want Ian White, throw in a top prospect and you've got a deal.

White's been a force this year, so I think Burke would expect nothing less than overpayment.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 10:13 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
For those who don't know, Kobasew is 25, a 3 time 20 goal scorer making just $2.3M for the next two years. He's a speedy, rugged two-way winger who keeps it simple and scores in bunches.

Good player. Good contract. But the B's need to clear a little cap space and get more mobile on defense, so are there any fits out there?

I'd like to see a guy like Ian White, Chris Campoli or Bruno Gervais coming back to the B's.

Thoughts?
I would expect the isles to try to trade vets like Martinek or Sutton before trading a young,cheap kid like Gervais.Especially since Streit became his mentor and his play improved in the 2nd half.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 11:53 AM
burstnbloom

Cody Franson? Pred fans?

burstnbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post

Thoughts?
After they gave up a first rounder to get him, I don't see the B's moving Campoli.

And, Gervais (who is not really a high level puck mover anyway) had a great second half. Don't see the Isles moving him.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 12:14 PM
captain AARON MAIDEN*

zidlicky?

captain AARON MAIDEN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 12:19 PM
smokes lets go

try signing marc-andrew bergeron?

smokes lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Darth Milbury

MAB is not a puck mover. He is a shooter from the point and can skate, but can't carry the puck and is not much for outlet passes.

Plus, he just plain sucks.

Old
05-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafYourLife View Post
If you want Ian White, throw in a top prospect and you've got a deal.

White's been a force this year, so I think Burke would expect nothing less than overpayment.
Fwiw, I thought of Toronto because I've read a couple quotes from Burke about the kind of player he wants- that 'type' of player is Chuck Kobasew.

But with that said, I'd be hesitant to 'overpay' for a player that TO fans couldn't give away a couple months ago.

Old
05-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain AARON MAIDEN View Post
zidlicky?
Zidlicky would be great, but I think the B's would also need to move Ward off the books to afford Z and free up the bit of cap space they need.

Old
05-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tavares View Post
try signing marc-andrew bergeron?
Like DM said, MAB isn't quite good enough for the role I'm envisioning. But if the B's also moved Ward, they could target guys like Oduya, Beauchemin or Leopold. Maybe even a Morris if his pay comes back in line with his play (which IMO is a lot closer to $3M than $4M).

Old
05-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
After they gave up a first rounder to get him, I don't see the B's moving Campoli.

And, Gervais (who is not really a high level puck mover anyway) had a great second half. Don't see the Isles moving him.
Fair 'nuf. Here's a few more guys for you to comment on...

Hamhuis
Russel
Giordano
Grebeshkov
Krajicek

Old
05-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
MAB is not a puck mover. He is a shooter from the point and can skate, but can't carry the puck and is not much for outlet passes.

Plus, he just plain sucks.
May as well use him as a forward considering he has no notable defensive skills to speak of (Mr. turnover machine).

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 01:32 PM
dccuse

how about Roszival?

dccuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Laoghaire

Quote:

Alternatively I think the Sens would trade Campoli to Boston for their 1st rounder.

Laoghaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
Alternatively I think the Sens would trade Campoli to Boston for their 1st rounder.
I think one of the reasons the OP decided to center the deal around Kobasew was because they Bruins would like to shed some salary. Boston can't deal it's pick straight up for Campoli... a roster player has to go back.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Laoghaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I think one of the reasons the OP decided to center the deal around Kobasew was because they Bruins would like to shed some salary. Boston can't deal it's pick straight up for Campoli... a roster player has to go back.
Pretty sure 1st and Kobasew for Campoli would go down easy for the Senators.

Laoghaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post

I doubt this is true. Brian Murray was reportly keen to acquire Campoli all season. He finally landed him at the reasonable cost of a 26th overall, and he fit in fine on the Senators blueline. I doubt Murray surrenders him now just to get the 25th overall.

And, Kobasew and a first is overpayment for Campoli. But, personally, I doubt that the Senators would do that as well. I think Campoli is in their longterm plans.

Old
05-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccuse View Post
how about Roszival?
Too much money. B's can't afford him.

Old
05-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Whoever said Krajicek is pretty much spot on. I haven't seen much of him this year, but during his time here he was one the better skaters and puck movers on our team. (Which isn't really saying much)

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 50
Campoli is likely not in play for Ottawa, but Alex Picard almost certainly is. He was having a pretty solid season before he was derailed by an injury but with Kuba, Lee, Campoli, and Karlsson in the fold he seems to be the odd man out.

Picard is pretty mobile, has good size, a hard wrist shot from the point and would be cap friendly for the Bruins at 800k. Seems like a decent fit.

Alex Picard, Ottawa's 3rd round pick in 2010 for Chuck Kobasew?

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 05:31 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
Corvo?

(Or F.Kaberle? )

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Stassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Campoli is likely not in play for Ottawa, but Alex Picard almost certainly is. He was having a pretty solid season before he was derailed by an injury but with Kuba, Lee, Campoli, and Karlsson in the fold he seems to be the odd man out.

Picard is pretty mobile, has good size, a hard wrist shot from the point and would be cap friendly for the Bruins at 800k. Seems like a decent fit.

Alex Picard, Ottawa's 3rd round pick in 2010 for Chuck Kobasew?
Is this post a joke? I see you have a "No BM" as your logo.. so that explains ???? anyways Campoli is our 4-5th defensemen next year.. He has the ability to make it higher on the chart even.. Picard is the one on the outside looking in.. He has proven nothing.. Campoli has.. Picard is and was a defensive liability.. He has next to zero chance of making it in the top 6 next year,.... He will be carried as the 7th d-man at best...

Also Ottawa has no need for Kobasew whatsoever so we should be out of this convo all together.. Should be looking at Olesz or another bang or bust d-man or at best a 3rd rate Puck mover.. I know Calgary has never missed Kobasew..

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
Whoever said Krajicek is pretty much spot on. I haven't seen much of him this year, but during his time here he was one the better skaters and puck movers on our team. (Which isn't really saying much)
Problem with Krajicek - at least on the Canucks (I have no idea how well he played with the Bolts or Panthers) - was that he didn't seem to distribute the puck all that well nor have a great shot from the point from my POV.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote