HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Match the Tampa 2nd Overall <-> Toronto offer with players from your team

Old
05-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Hockeyfan02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inc View Post
Dan Boyle got 2 first rounders and 2 prospects and makes 2 million more than Kaberle (not comparing their skill level but thats an example of what 1rst pairing dmen pull down come trade deadline now).
The Boyle return was one first rounder, a young(but overpaid) defenseman in Matt Carle, and a good prospect in Ty Wishart. It also took place in July, not at the deadline.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 04:12 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTimer View Post
Ummmm....no....try Doughty...Johnson and your 5th....same as the leafs...best prospect....best defenseman....and top 7 pick........now you have a winner
Doughty is and will be a better/more important NHL player than Tavares.

No question.

Doughty rules
Tavares has pimples

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 04:14 PM
inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
The Boyle return was one first rounder, a young(but overpaid) defenseman in Matt Carle, and a good prospect in Ty Wishart. It also took place in July, not at the deadline.
My mistake, I thought the draft pick in 2010 was a 1rst not a 4th.

I know when it took place though, im just saying we dont need to unload Kaberle before the draft. Trade deadline day is when people are willing to do what it takes to get a player.

3.4 for matt Carle is hardly overpaid.

inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 04:23 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by inc View Post
My mistake, I thought the draft pick in 2010 was a 1rst not a 4th.

I know when it took place though, I'm just saying we don't need to unload Kaberle before the draft. Trade deadline day is when people are willing to do what it takes to get a player.

3.4 for matt Carle is hardly overpaid.
On a team where he's permitted to free wield in the offensive zone he's not over paid. However, in Philly we really put the claps on our dmen jumping up on the offensive rush and pinching in. We simply MAKE them play a very conservative style. Under that type of system, Carle really isn't worth 3.4 mil. We'd be better of trading him and bring in a more defensively responsible player is we are not going to let him use his best asset to it's fullest potential. Hell, I guarantee you that Boumeester would see at least a 30% drop in his numbers if he came to Philly. It drives me nuts that we don't play much of a "team" defense now.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 04:25 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Doughty is and will be a better/more important NHL player than Tavares.

No question.

Doughty rules
Tavares has pimples
I love it, that was great. Whether it's ture or not I'm not about to jump in the middle of that fight right now. It's WAY too early to make any predictions. Hedmen could turn out to be a bust rather than the 2nd coming of Lidstrom.

Old
05-16-2009, 05:22 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
I love it, that was great. Whether it's ture or not I'm not about to jump in the middle of that fight right now. It's WAY too early to make any predictions. Hedmen could turn out to be a bust rather than the 2nd coming of Lidstrom.
Good points.

A lot of this depends on where a team feels they are in their building, or contending process.

Edler, Hodgson and a mid 20's first round pick seem to have a ton more value than either Hedman or Tavares, whether you're rebuilding or otherwise.

quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 07:12 PM
byrath

Assuming we're talking about trading for Tavares..
From the Blues, I'd consider offering Pietrangelo, Palushaj/Sonne and our 1st (15th overall-ish). Certainly a lesser offer than Schenn, 1st and Kaberle, but I'd still have to think long and hard about it before pulling the trigger. Exchanging Palushaj/Sonne with Berglund, Oshie or Perron would make it a lot closer, but I'd say no to that without hesitation.

byrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 07:16 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat View Post
Good points.

A lot of this depends on where a team feels they are in their building, or contending process.

Edler, Hodgson and a mid 20's first round pick seem to have a ton more value than either Hedman or Tavares, whether you're rebuilding or otherwise.
Those are 3 top quality players and I think I'd rather have the 3 of them than just one of Tavares or Hedmen.

Old
05-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Jwm1986

[QUOTE=OlderTimer;19590021]Ummmm....no....try Doughty...Johnson and your 5th....same as the leafs...best prospect....best defenseman....and top 7 pick........now you have a winner[/QUOTE

Seriously? You really think the 2nd pick is worth this? Id say your crazy if you do. i dont even know if i would give the 5th and johnson. Adding doughty in there and we better be getting crosby or ovechkin for a package like that

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 07:26 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Those are 3 top quality players and I think I'd rather have the 3 of them than just one of Tavares or Hedmen.
Yes. I didn't mean to denigrate either Tavares or Hedmen... just that one proven young top four defenseman with huge upside and a very promising rookie center who alone is close to similar value, plus another kick at a first round pick seems an amazing overpayment.

While I certainly understand why teams want to hang onto players going in the top five, I personally wouldn't make some of these trades to land them.

quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 07:36 PM
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns

Not that I'd necessarily be interested but:
Setoguchi + Ehrhoff + SJ 1st 09

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 07:47 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCinSJ View Post
Not that I'd necessarily be interested but:
Setoguchi + Ehrhoff + SJ 1st 09
already property of NYI via OTT via TB via the Dan Boyle trade.

and I think most people are starting to make the obvious point, it's overpayment for the 2nd.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote