HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

marc staal for kessel

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2009, 07:11 PM
  #26
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHomelessAteMyCat View Post
So IF/when he reaches his potential, he will be as good as Kessel is now.
Considering Staal is a DEFENSEMAN and plays pretty damned good defesne along with scoring that many points (if he really reaches that level) then I think it's safe to say he'd be FAR ABOVE what Kessler is right now. Kessler will continue to improve too but your statement is just full of ignorance about Staal and the value of a dman like him.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 07:13 PM
  #27
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
No thanks. Fair, but Staal will become an impact player in a few years, and will be a 40 point defenseman IMO.
Kessel will be 40 goal scorer and he already is a PPG player in playoffs.

This is one of those RARE give to get kind of deals. I know you are not used to it and thats why you called Staal an impact player in a few years but at the same time forgot to mention the same thing about Kessel. It's ok.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 07:16 PM
  #28
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Kessel will be 40 goal scorer and he already is a PPG player in playoffs.

This is one of those RARE give to get kind of deals. I know you are not used to it and thats why you called Staal an impact player in a few years but at the same time forgot to mention the same thing about Kessel. It's ok.
I know he is an impact player. But I believe you watched the playoffs last year, where Kessel was benched for crappy play, and bad attitude. Staal was a great player in the playoffs last year, and this year. I know it's a fair deal, but I would think it'd be stupid for both teams to trade either so early in their careers.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 07:23 PM
  #29
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
I know he is an impact player. But I believe you watched the playoffs last year, where Kessel was benched for crappy play, and bad attitude. Staal was a great player in the playoffs last year, and this year. I know it's a fair deal, but I would think it'd be stupid for both teams to trade either so early in their careers.
Well, he was a rookie last year. I do not know about you but I forgive him.

Staal is an excellent young d-men but Kessel will be 40 goal scorer and maybe even a PPG in regular season player too. Last time NYR had 40 goal scorer was in 2004, Jagr. Before that? Hmmm Adam Graves? I do not remember. Please correct me, if you give a ****.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 07:27 PM
  #30
hlundqvist30*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Well, he was a rookie last year. I do not know about you but I forgive him.

Staal is an excellent young d-men but Kessel will be 40 goal scorer and maybe even a PPG in regular season player too. Last time NYR had 40 goal scorer was in 2004, Jagr. Before that? Hmmm Adam Graves? I do not remember. Please correct me, if you give a ****.

Mark Messier.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 07:28 PM
  #31
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
both teams would probably stand pit on this team

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 07:41 PM
  #32
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Well, he was a rookie last year. I do not know about you but I forgive him.

Staal is an excellent young d-men but Kessel will be 40 goal scorer and maybe even a PPG in regular season player too. Last time NYR had 40 goal scorer was in 2004, Jagr. Before that? Hmmm Adam Graves? I do not remember. Please correct me, if you give a ****.
I sense some hostility here. Staal was a rookie and he contributed largely to the playoffs against New Jersey. Anyway, when was the last time the Rangers had a stud defenseman? Leetch? Zubov? Yup. I can wait for the Rangers to try and draft a player, but I don't see the reasoning of either team doing the trade. Rangers do need a goalscorer, but not at the expense of their best player other than Lundqvist. The Rangers knew how to score goals but missed the playoffs for 7 years. The Rangers become one of the lowest scoring teams and make the playoffs four years in a row,(note the only other teams to do so are the New Jersey Devils, Detroit Red Wings, San Jose Sharks, Anaheim Ducks, and I believe the Calgary Flames).


Note: I bolded it this time so you learn to read a whole post...

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 07:50 PM
  #33
BadBruins
Registered User
 
BadBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
What a silly thing to say. Kessel is a one dimensional forward. Sure he is great at putting the puck in the net, but the guy wouldn't know his own zone if it bit him. Marc Staal is one of the best defensive defenders in the game, and he is starting to learn the offensive game very well. I will guarantee you, under Tortorella he will have 30 points next season, and be stellar on the defensive side as well.
Trust me, if Phil Kessel were a liability in his own zone, he wouldn't be playing a regular shift on the 1st line for Claude Julien.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 07:56 PM
  #34
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff
 
PlayMakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,333
vCash: 500
As a B's fan I pass. Staal looks like he's going to be awesome. But the B's defense needs more of a transition/puck mover.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 08:39 AM
  #35
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Considering Staal is a DEFENSEMAN and plays pretty damned good defesne along with scoring that many points (if he really reaches that level) then I think it's safe to say he'd be FAR ABOVE what Kessler is right now. Kessler will continue to improve too but your statement is just full of ignorance about Staal and the value of a dman like him.
Considering that this is the 2nd post where you repeatedly call him Kessler tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 11:06 AM
  #36
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
As a B's fan I pass. Staal looks like he's going to be awesome. But the B's defense needs more of a transition/puck mover.
Puck mover?!

That we can do!

Redden, Sanguinetti, 1st-'09, for Kessel.





I know it's not happening. I tried this trade on my ps3 and the system shutdown after the trade was rejected.

True story.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 12:02 PM
  #37
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
I sense some hostility here. Staal was a rookie and he contributed largely to the playoffs against New Jersey. Anyway, when was the last time the Rangers had a stud defenseman? Leetch? Zubov? Yup. I can wait for the Rangers to try and draft a player, but I don't see the reasoning of either team doing the trade. [B]
Why are you talking about Zubov and Leetch? Is Staal that good? Good young player, no doubt about it but to put him with likes of Zubov and Leetch?
When was the last time Rangers had a stud forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Rangers do need a goalscorer, but not at the expense of their best player other than Lundqvist.
Really, ok? Tell me, what do you think players like Kessel is worth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
The Rangers knew how to score goals but missed the playoffs for 7 years. The Rangers become one of the lowest scoring teams and make the playoffs four years in a row,(note the only other teams to do so are the New Jersey Devils, Detroit Red Wings, San Jose Sharks, Anaheim Ducks, and I believe the Calgary Flames). Note: I bolded it this time so you learn to read a whole post...
I really do not give a **** about this pharagraph. I understand that you are very proud. Thank you for sharing, it was very interesting.

P.S In your last post you admited that NYR need scorer but at the same time you don't see the reasoning of either team doing the trade. Give to get concept is out of your league.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 05-17-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 12:06 PM
  #38
C77
Registered User
 
C77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Junior's Farm
Country: United States
Posts: 12,992
vCash: 500
Cancel the trade! Halt the presses!

We're trading Kessel + for Kovalchuk

Nevermind what Waddell says.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 12:32 PM
  #39
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Puck mover?!

That we can do!

Redden, Sanguinetti, 1st-'09, for Kessel.





I know it's not happening. I tried this trade on my ps3 and the system shutdown after the trade was rejected.

True story.
Well I was thinking about a deal centered around Sanguinetti.

What kind of return would you be looking for?

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 12:36 PM
  #40
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Well I was thinking about a deal centered around Sanguinetti.

What kind of return would you be looking for?
I would be fine with moving Sanguinetti or Del Zotto in a deal for Kessel. Not sure what else I'd give up, but propose something. Not really sure what it would take over one of them.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 12:47 PM
  #41
TheHotRock
Registered User
 
TheHotRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Well I was thinking about a deal centered around Sanguinetti.

What kind of return would you be looking for?
is Ryder available? Rangers would probably have to add, but how much?

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 01:01 PM
  #42
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would be fine with moving Sanguinetti or Del Zotto in a deal for Kessel. Not sure what else I'd give up, but propose something. Not really sure what it would take over one of them.
I wouldn't be fine with moving Kessel for either player. The point of moving Kessel (which I would be against anyway) would be to lower the salary cap while filling an immediate need on D. While the values of Sanguinetti or Del Zotto might be = to Kessel (and I don't really think they are) that is a huge hit on the Bruins team right now, with the hope that the D man we get back eventually turns into something.

For either one of those guys I'd offer an equivalent prospect or a veteran F with an additional prospect to even it out.

Something like Kobasew and Lehtonen/Hamill for Sanguinetti.

Del Zotto I'd imagine would have to big of a price tag to acquire.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 01:02 PM
  #43
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
is Ryder available? Rangers would probably have to add, but how much?
If it were me? I'd be pretty tempted to do that deal straight up.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 04:15 PM
  #44
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
is Ryder available? Rangers would probably have to add, but how much?
Wait, the Rangers would have to add? Sanguinetti + for Ryder?

No ****ing way.

Not a chance I move Sanguinetti for a 2nd line complimentary player like Ryder.

We can sign Gionta for free this summer. He's also a much better player than Ryder is.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 04:59 PM
  #45
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,424
vCash: 500
Bad trade.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 05:01 PM
  #46
shadow1
Registered User
 
shadow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 11,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Wait, the Rangers would have to add? Sanguinetti + for Ryder?

No ****ing way.

Not a chance I move Sanguinetti for a 2nd line complimentary player like Ryder.

We can sign Gionta for free this summer. He's also a much better player than Ryder is.
Are you talking about the same Ryder who had 13 points in 11 playoff games this season?

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 05:31 PM
  #47
Thefalkon
Registered User
 
Thefalkon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Wait, the Rangers would have to add? Sanguinetti + for Ryder?

No ****ing way.
I agree, but don't make it sound like the Rangers are getting fleeced here.

Quote:
Not a chance I move Sanguinetti for a 2nd line complimentary player like Ryder.
The same Michael Ryder that had more goals than anyone on our team this year? It isn't like the Rangers need a sniper of some sort

Quote:
We can sign Gionta for free this summer. He's also a much better player than Ryder is.
No way are we getting him for free.

Thefalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 05:33 PM
  #48
Saved*
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrk View Post
I agree, but don't make it sound like the Rangers are getting fleeced here.



The same Michael Ryder that had more goals than anyone on our team this year? It isn't like the Rangers need a sniper of some sort



No way are we getting him for free.

What he means there, tyke, is that they can sign Gionta without giving up assets.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 06:22 PM
  #49
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Are you talking about the same Ryder who had 13 points in 11 playoff games this season?
And the same guy that wouldn't sniff that with the Rangers, in all likelihood.

Ryder is NOT a difference maker.

He is a solid complimentary guy. Not trying to take anything away from him, but he's a 2nd line complimentary player. Would not give up a prime asset like Sanguinetti for him.

Not a chance.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 08:17 PM
  #50
TheHotRock
Registered User
 
TheHotRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
And the same guy that wouldn't sniff that with the Rangers, in all likelihood.

Ryder is NOT a difference maker.

He is a solid complimentary guy. Not trying to take anything away from him, but he's a 2nd line complimentary player. Would not give up a prime asset like Sanguinetti for him.

Not a chance.
sanguinetti's a prime asset now? i'd do my best to move him this summer before he gets montoya'd

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.