HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

LA-NYI (Draft Day)

Old
05-16-2009, 03:00 PM
LaLaLand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Um, define impact. Were you referring to JJ??? Not exactly "impact" by definition of 29 other team's fanbases. Just because he's got the high draft pedigree means very little. From what I've seen of him there is nothing special there. Should we call Gilbert Brule "impact" because he was taken a few picks late than JJ, played more games to this point with similar results? He wasn't even an impact player in the A last year.

And ask Philly fans what they think of Carter going for your package.

I'm not saying JJ doesn't have the tools to be a top pair guy, but it certainly isn't a lock (Carolina sure didn't think so).
well apparently you dont watch much of JJ then .. I believe he was the leading goal scorer for the states in the WC, and is improving every game he plays.. He chose to stay in college and carolina's management moved him, thank god it was to LA.

Philly fans think richards is more valuable than crosby buddy their opinons mean nothing to any king fan, JJ and a fifth for carter is fair considering they have not one good defenceman on their roster ...

LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 03:16 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
This is a rather odd comparison. I'll admit I've only seen Tavares a handful of times, but there is nothing in his game that is even remotely reminiscent of Brendl. What exactly reminds you of Brendl?
I think he just meant that like Brendl, he thinks Tavares will bust big.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Okay got it. If JJ will once be an impact player or not, I also dont know.

Yet, one thing that I will probably never understand is why people are so harsh on him after 120 freakin NHL games...that just makes no sense + if you say he's an average hitter, then I dont know what to think of your comments. I can mention other things of his game that seriously need to improve...
Read my post. I said above average. That shouldn't be too hard to understand. Good, but not great.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoalMan11 View Post
well apparently you dont watch much of JJ then .. I believe he was the leading goal scorer for the states in the WC, and is improving every game he plays.. He chose to stay in college and carolina's management moved him, thank god it was to LA.

Philly fans think richards is more valuable than crosby buddy their opinons mean nothing to any king fan, JJ and a fifth for carter is fair considering they have not one good defenceman on their roster ...
I can understand getting defensive when you feel a player on the Kings is getting knocked on, but I don't think you should let that color your replies and weaken the credibility of your words.

Kimmo Timonen is a quality veteran defender on the Philadelphia roster. Not to mention that they have solid young guys like Braydon Coburn, Ryan Parent, and Luca Sbisa on their team as well.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Yitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Saw this on another site. Whats everybody's take?

To NYI
Frolov/Moller, Johnson, 5th Overall

To LA
1st Pick (Tavares)
Hell yes.

Yitz is offline   Reply With Quote