HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers/Ducks

Old
05-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Oilers/Ducks

J.S. Giguere 6,000
Rights to James Wisnewski UFA

Tom Gilbert 4,000
Robert Nilsson 2,000

Why? With Jonas Hiller's steller play throughout the playoffs and around the end of the season, it seems he's stolen the #1 starting position, which makes Giguere expendable. Also rumors of Chris Pronger being traded this summer are realistic, Tom Gilbert would take Pronger's spot on the team after the trade now that Pronger would be very tradeable. The Ducks dont really have a 2nd line LW, Ryan Carter has that job now but he is more of a 3rd/4th line center so Robert Nilsson could take that spot. Teemu Selanne and Andrew Ebbett are the right players to play beside Nilsson so they could find some nice chemistry. For the Oilers, we will be searching for a #1 goalie and now that Backstrom was signed in Minnesota the Oilers would probably have to take the trade route to find it. Wisnewski would fill in for Gilbert if he signed with Edmonton, and salary is even.

Thoughts?

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 11:41 PM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

vCash: 500
Ducks say no to that

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Giggli G

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy View Post
Ducks say no to that
Good, because there is no way in hell the Oilers would make that trade.

Giggli G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggli G View Post
Good, because there is no way in hell the Oilers would make that trade.
they gave Dustin Penner 21 million dollars and pay Shawn Horcoff almost 6 million per year.

Don't put anything past them

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 11:55 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

wisniewski is rfa, I dont know why the Ducks would do this. I dont think wisniewski will get get paid more than the 4 mill that gilbert gets. I dont see gilbert as that much better than Wis. Nilsson, to me is still a question mark and wouldnt be able to play the physical game that the Ducks play. I think if the Ducks trade Gigeure it will be for a centre for the second line, Christiensen cant cut it.

I just dont see the ducks making this trade

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
wisniewski is rfa, I dont know why the Ducks would do this. I dont think wisniewski will get get paid more than the 4 mill that gilbert gets. I dont see gilbert as that much better than Wis. Nilsson, to me is still a question mark and wouldnt be able to play the physical game that the Ducks play. I think if the Ducks trade Gigeure it will be for a centre for the second line, Christiensen cant cut it.

I just dont see the ducks making this trade
Gilbert not that much better than Wisnewski? please.. Andrew Ebbett is the 2nd line center, the Ducks have nice C depth its wingers that they need, and do you think Selanne or Ebbett fit the Ducks style either? The 4 million that Gilbert gets doesn't matter if Pronger was going to be traded anyways and if Giguere was getting dealt, he actually has a great contract but people dont understand he is in his 2nd season, at 25 or 26 years old and registered 45 points playing 2nd pairing minutes.

There getting good value for Giguere. Probably more than enough.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 12:10 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Gilbert not that much better than Wisnewski? please.. Andrew Ebbett is the 2nd line center, the Ducks have nice C depth its wingers that they need, and do you think Selanne or Ebbett fit the Ducks style either? The 4 million that Gilbert gets doesn't matter if Pronger was going to be traded anyways and if Giguere was getting dealt, he actually has a great contract but people dont understand he is in his 2nd season, at 25 or 26 years old and registered 45 points playing 2nd pairing minutes.

Youre right I forgot about Ebbet, and you make good points about him and Selanne, but I really dont see a huge drop off from Wis and Gilbert.

Old
05-18-2009, 12:36 AM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
they gave Dustin Penner 21 million dollars and pay Shawn Horcoff almost 6 million per year.

Don't put anything past them
over 16000 posts! Were they all this informative?

You do know how to win correct?

1. That would be score above the league average on the PP.

2. That would be outscore at even.

3. That would be Prevent the other team from scoring on the PP (PK).

It was a good thing MacT did not play Penner on the Pk all year. his 2.45PPG/60 the last two years was top 20.

Good thing Mact only played Penner on the third line because his outscoring for LW ranked 15 in the league at LW. .85/60

Getzlaf was way better facing the same quality of competition at .58/60. OH!!!!!!!!! Ah! Nevermind!

But he was way better than Horcoff. Even though Horcoff faced the 15th hardest Quality of comp in the league. Look Horcoffs was at .49/60. OH! AH! Nevermind!

The thing is lots of Centers faced tough competition and outscored them at that rate or better. There was ten of them. OH! AH! Nevermind.

It is not like most of there cap hits are 5M or better.

Datsyuk 6.8M
Zajac RFA
H. Sedin UFA
E. Malkin 8.7M
J. Carter 5.25M
J. Thorton 7.2M
D. Bolland RFA
M. Richards 5.75M
S. Crosby 8.7M

OH! UH! Nevermind!

You sure like to use the word almost. Horcoffs cap hit is 5.5M.

I am sure one of you 16000 posts was informative. Well almost!

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 12:41 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post

It was a good thing MacT did not play Penner on the Pk all year. his 2.45PPG/60 the last two years was top 20.

Good thing Mact only played Penner on the third line because his outscoring for LW ranked 15 in the league at LW. .85/60

Getzlaf was way better facing the same quality of competition at .58/60. OH!!!!!!!!! Ah! Nevermind!

But he was way better than Horcoff. Even though Horcoff faced the 15th hardest Quality of comp in the league. Look Horcoffs was at .49/60. OH! AH! Nevermind!

The thing is lots of Centers faced tough competition and outscored them at that rate or better. There was ten of them. OH! AH! Nevermind.

Datsyuk 6.8M
Zajac RFA
H. Sedin UFA
E. Malkin 8.7M
J. Carter 5.25M
J. Thorton 7.2M
D. Bolland RFA
M. Richards 5.75M
S. Crosby 8.7M

OH! UH! Nevermind!

Your posts always read like they were written by someone who has schizophrenia.

Old
05-18-2009, 01:59 AM
Paul4587

No way, value wise its off and the Ducks won't be trading Giguere within the Western conference, if at all.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 03:02 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post

Wiz is much better defensively than Gilbert, whos' mediocre at best

Old
05-18-2009, 03:04 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:

Datsyuk 6.8M
Zajac RFA
H. Sedin UFA
E. Malkin 8.7M
J. Carter 5.25M
J. Thorton 7.2M
D. Bolland RFA
M. Richards 5.75M
S. Crosby 8.7M

OH! UH! Nevermind!

You are not comparing Horcoff to Getzlaf are you? Clearly you have proven the value of the stats you cherrypicked.

Horcoff=Getzlaf

Old
05-18-2009, 03:21 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
You are not comparing Horcoff to Getzlaf are you? Clearly you have proven the value of the stats you cherrypicked.

Horcoff=Getzlaf
GETZ by a TKO

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 06:18 AM
voxel

Quote:
Wiz is much better defensively than Gilbert, whos' mediocre at best
I liked Wiz on the Hawks, but he's tops out as a 2nd pairing D-man. Him and Nilsson are the thrown-ins.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 06:33 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
I liked Wiz on the Hawks, but he's tops out as a 2nd pairing D-man. Him and Nilsson are the thrown-ins.
I wouldn't call Wiz a throw in as he has decent value, Nilsson on the other hand has little or no value,maybe even negative Value.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 06:43 AM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I wouldn't call Wiz a throw in as he has decent value, Nilsson on the other hand has little or no value,maybe even negative Value.
In the deal above... both JSG(No.1 goalie) and Gilbert's(RH top-4 D-man) trade value cast a large shadow over the two scrubs.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Talentless Practise*

Probably wouldn't do Wis for Gilbert straight up.. depending obviously on the kind of contract he's looking for. Wis should be a lot cheaper while not being much of a downgrade.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

the ducks and gigure would be better if they just kept him, he can mentor Hiller and he's very based in aneheim and would be bad for his family to move anywhere. Oh, and NMC

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Mr Sakich

jsg is pretty much untradable. He has a ntc because of his child's illness so that pretty much ends any conversations. Even without the ntc, it is clear that something has caused his game to decline.

He was 42nd amongst reg nhl goalies in gaa. He was 37th in save %. It is possible he rebounds from this but he is not young and most goalies don't turn it around. The trend usually continues. Huge risk considering his contract.

In a cap world, a fair deal might be Jiggy plus a 2nd round pick in exchange for a 3rd round pick. Any team picking him up is taking a huge risk because paying your back up 6 mill pretty much kills your cap.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 10:05 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Explain to me how Gilbert is so much better than Wis?

Old
05-18-2009, 10:36 AM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
jsg is pretty much untradable. He has a ntc because of his child's illness so that pretty much ends any conversations. Even without the ntc, it is clear that something has caused his game to decline.
His father was diagnosed with cancer and passed away during the season. That'll take away your focus, eh?

I mean, it's not like Giguere relies on physical gifts. He's all technique and positioning and mental focus.

mmbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 10:39 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
His father was diagnosed with cancer and passed away during the season. That'll take away your focus, eh?

I mean, it's not like Giguere relies on physical gifts. He's all technique and positioning and mental focus.
Ya hockey players arent real people. They dont have lives offthe rink

Old
05-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Giggy View Post
Ducks say no to that
That is a fallacy.

Oilers don't touch this, but if by some odd twist of fate they did, Murray would be the happiest man alive.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Talentless Practise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
That is a fallacy.

Oilers don't touch this, but if by some odd twist of fate they did, Murray would be the happiest man alive.
I'm sure he'd take pleasure in hanging up the phone but the happiest man alive? I don't think so.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Boondock

Quote:

Datsyuk 6.8M
Zajac RFA
H. Sedin UFA
E. Malkin 8.7M
J. Carter 5.25M
J. Thorton 7.2M
D. Bolland RFA
M. Richards 5.75M
S. Crosby 8.7M

OH! UH! Nevermind!

You can skew stats any way you want to, to compare Penner to Getzlaf goes to show that isolating secondary statistics (such as pp pts per 60) are not a very good gauge of talent. Horchoff is over paid - Penner is over paid - I don't care what stats you use those are the facts

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote