HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Krejci

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-18-2009, 08:57 AM
  #26
8BostonRocker24
Registered User
 
8BostonRocker24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Los Gatos via Boston
Country: China
Posts: 9,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
Jeff Carter is better than both of them now.

Year Before RFA Status Stats:

Carter: 82 GP - 29 G - 24 A - 53 P

Kessel: 70 GP - 36 G - 24 A - 60 P

Krejci: 82 GP - 22 G - 51 A - 73 P


Now go ahead and tell me that they're not going to make their money...
And Zach Parise is better then Carter. The Devils were able to lock him up for 4 years for $12.5 million. He had 31 goals, 62 points the year before signing that deal.

I have no idea what Kessel and Krejci are going to sign for. It will not surprise me if it's between $3.9 million and $6.0 million. I thought Dennis Wideman was going to make $4.5 as an RFA last year, instead he signed for 4 years at ~$3.9 million.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 09:05 AM
  #27
jmwc95
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
And Zach Parise is better then Carter. The Devils were able to lock him up for 4 years for $12.5 million. He had 31 goals, 62 points the year before signing that deal.

I have no idea what Kessel and Krejci are going to sign for. It will not surprise me if it's between $3.9 million and $6.0 million. I thought Dennis Wideman was going to make $4.5 as an RFA last year, instead he signed for 4 years at ~$3.9 million.
I know, it just depends on the player, his agent, and what he's willing to sign for. However, the original thread was about what offers Krejci could expect on the RFA market. I'm sure if someone gave him an offer sheet that it would be $5MM/yr or more.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 09:07 AM
  #28
rician blast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post

Now go ahead and tell me that they're not going to make their money...

Not from the B's...not both of them...not at $5.5-$6m per year as some suggest.

That would take moving Bergeron, moving Sturm (who has a N.M. clause, I believe), letting Axe go, filling in holes with cheap replacements/AHL call-ups...and depending on what the cap is next year and the year after, that might not get it done wither.

rician blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 10:07 AM
  #29
bb_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by backs4mvp View Post
Jeff Carter after scoring 29 goals, 53 points signed a 15mil/3y contract.


Somewhere around 5-6mil(depending on contract length).
15mil/3y or 35mil/6y, somewhere around there.
would you trade carter for krejci straight up one for one?




didnt think so.....

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 10:16 AM
  #30
twenty2
 
twenty2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
would you trade carter for krejci straight up one for one?

didnt think so.....
Carter coming off his 53 point season for Kessel coming off his 60 point season or for Krejci coming off his 73 point season?

Yeah I likely would've traded Carter straight up for one of them depending on the type of player we needed, which is more Carter/Kessel.

Glad it couldn't have happened though. I'm very happy with Carter finishing 2nd in the NHL in goals.

And $5m is certainly the generalized price for Kessel and Krecji. if you think otherwise you're really optimistic. It could go as low as $4.5m for either, but I doubt it could be any lower than that.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 10:20 AM
  #31
The Pucks
Registered User
 
The Pucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
Carter coming off his 53 point season for Kessel coming off his 60 point season or for Krejci coming off his 73 point season?

Yeah I likely would've traded Carter straight up for one of them depending on the type of player we needed, which is more Carter/Kessel.

Glad it couldn't have happened though. I'm very happy with Carter finishing 2nd in the NHL in goals.

And $5m is certainly the generalized price for Kessel and Krecji. if you think otherwise you're really optimistic. It could go as low as $4.5m for either, but I doubt it could be any lower than that.
One big differance that you fail to understand. Carter was signed whne the NHL was on a financial upswing and GM's felt that the cap would never go down.

Now these two are up for RFA, but the NHL is now in a downswing revenue wise so the cap is expected to drop. That will effect every negotiation this summer.

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 10:39 AM
  #32
twenty2
 
twenty2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
One big differance that you fail to understand. Carter was signed whne the NHL was on a financial upswing and GM's felt that the cap would never go down.

Now these two are up for RFA, but the NHL is now in a downswing revenue wise so the cap is expected to drop. That will effect every negotiation this summer.
I took that into account. If the league was still on the financial upswing they would likely be pushing for $5.00m-$5.50m for next season based on Carter's numbers a year ago. They also performed better than Carter in the final season of his contract if you didn't notice.

Since there is an economic downturn rumors surfaced and people feel that the financial factor of all this could effect contracts I expect $4.50m-$5.00m. Just because the economy is bad doesn't mean that they're going to only ask for $3.00m a piece.

You fail to understand a lot of things, and just seem intent on following me trying to refute everything I say. Most of what I say is opinion, and while you're entitled to your opinions I would appreciate if you STOPPED ****ING STALKING ME like a creepy ****ing lunatic.

To think that Krejci and Kessel, who clearly had better seasons than Carter when he got his new contract, are going to take a drastic paycut just because of the economic times is dumb. The Bruins will find some way to get them both under the cap even if they have to do what the Flyers did with Carter and sign them to decent deals until their last year of RFA status and then give them a real contract. That costs them money in the long run but saves them money short term and protects them against fluke seasons.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 10:45 AM
  #33
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
If it came to a choice between them, would the Bruins prefer Krejci or Bergeron on the 2nd line?

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 10:49 AM
  #34
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
I took that into account. If the league was still on the financial upswing they would likely be pushing for $5.00m-$5.50m for next season based on Carter's numbers a year ago. They also performed better than Carter in the final season of his contract if you didn't notice.

Since there is an economic downturn rumors surfaced and people feel that the financial factor of all this could effect contracts I expect $4.50m-$5.00m. Just because the economy is bad doesn't mean that they're going to only ask for $3.00m a piece.

You fail to understand a lot of things, and just seem intent on following me trying to refute everything I say. Most of what I say is opinion, and while you're entitled to your opinions I would appreciate if you STOPPED ****ING STALKING ME like a creepy ****ing lunatic.

To think that Krejci and Kessel, who clearly had better seasons than Carter when he got his new contract, are going to take a drastic paycut just because of the economic times is dumb. The Bruins will find some way to get them both under the cap even if they have to do what the Flyers did with Carter and sign them to decent deals until their last year of RFA status and then give them a real contract. That costs them money in the long run but saves them money short term and protects them against fluke seasons.
I' really excited to see that.
As soon as any Team what ends in the top 10 standings offers 6 Mill per year, they are screwed.
Just for an dirty example...... The Kings offer 6 mill for Kessel just because they can to force Boston to match that.
After that it's enough to offer 4-5 Million to get Krejci out.
If i assume they draft MPS they recieve a 1b Center and a 1b Left Wing for the cost of two 1st rounders ans some other stuff.

like i said, just an example for the guys who are sure it's so easy to fit both of them without giving up something

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 10:55 AM
  #35
8BostonRocker24
Registered User
 
8BostonRocker24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Los Gatos via Boston
Country: China
Posts: 9,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
I' really excited to see that.
As soon as any Team what ends in the top 10 standings offers 6 Mill per year, they are screwed.
Just for an dirty example...... The Kings offer 6 mill for Kessel just because they can to force Boston to match that.
After that it's enough to offer 4-5 Million to get Krejci out.
If i assume they draft MPS they recieve a 1b Center and a 1b Left Wing for the cost of two 1st rounders ans some other stuff.

like i said, just an example for the guys who are sure it's so easy to fit both of them without giving up something
If the Kings offer that, and Kessel signs it, Kessel is a King.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 11:02 AM
  #36
WreckItRask
Registered User
 
WreckItRask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
The offersheet doesn't have to be very high for the Bruins to walk-away... they have cap issues.

$3.9M/yr for 3 years.... that is a 1st and 3rd.

Then repeat with Kessel. If I was Columbus or the Kings, I'd consider it... especially if either team could sign JayBo so that they would pick bottom-10 next season.

Any fans pitching a tent over the scenario of offering both Krejci and Kessel crappy Offer Sheets are so dilusional it's not even funny. A few points. Why would either guy settle for a lousy Offer Sheet? They can get a lousy contract from from Boston and play on a team that is probably entering next year as a top 5 team in the NHL.

Second, Boston may walk away if someone throws big money at either guy and they sign that sheet, thus garnering something like 4 1st rounders back. But why would Boston allow either guy to leave for a crappy compensation package (1st, 2nd, 3rd) when they could just match and trade him instead? All this talk about Boston being so screwed that they'll just let their players walk for next to nothing is beyond absurd. Is there anyone out there that really believes that Boston couldn't get more than a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd if they decided to shop either guy around the league?

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 11:03 AM
  #37
twenty2
 
twenty2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
I' really excited to see that.
As soon as any Team what ends in the top 10 standings offers 6 Mill per year, they are screwed.
Just for an dirty example...... The Kings offer 6 mill for Kessel just because they can to force Boston to match that.
After that it's enough to offer 4-5 Million to get Krejci out.
If i assume they draft MPS they recieve a 1b Center and a 1b Left Wing for the cost of two 1st rounders ans some other stuff.

like i said, just an example for the guys who are sure it's so easy to fit both of them without giving up something
The Bruins have pieces they can move. I bet a lot of teams are willing to take a risk on Bergeron that he finds his offensive game once again. Why would the Bruins' wait on Bergeron when the have Krejci and Kessel?

To me Bergeron seems the most likely candidate to get the boot. Ryder, Sturm? Maybe some defensive players?

Boston has options, but with Savard only being under contract one more season, if Boston can get through this next year with both Krejci and Kessel they could have those two along with Wheeler and Lucic locked up long term with other pieces that end up staying in Boston.

It's not all gloom and doom in Boston because of two RFAs. The organization just has to decide what direction it wants to go in. It's almost the same problem Philadelphia will face in two years: so much talent that they won't know who to hold on to. While some players will move on, it seems like a win-win unless you screw it up royally.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 11:03 AM
  #38
drofnats
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
I' really excited to see that.
As soon as any Team what ends in the top 10 standings offers 6 Mill per year, they are screwed.
Just for an dirty example...... The Kings offer 6 mill for Kessel just because they can to force Boston to match that.
After that it's enough to offer 4-5 Million to get Krejci out.
If i assume they draft MPS they recieve a 1b Center and a 1b Left Wing for the cost of two 1st rounders ans some other stuff.

like i said, just an example for the guys who are sure it's so easy to fit both of them without giving up something
Yeah that's a dirty strategy, but I'd probably offer sheet Hunwick first, just to chew up 2.6M more cap first... that way you don't need to offer sheet Kessel as much, and risk losing two 1sts.

drofnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 11:06 AM
  #39
C77
Registered User
 
C77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Junior's Farm
Country: United States
Posts: 12,896
vCash: 500
Kessel is having shoulder surgery....torn labrum + rotator cuff

Krejci is having hip surgery and will be out 4-6 months.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 12:29 PM
  #40
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,021
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Krejci had 73 points this season..He outscored guys like Heatley, Lecavalier, Roy....etc.

That's pretty decent promise if you ask me.
cough Plekanec 69 cough

Good luck to those involved

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 12:31 PM
  #41
bb_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
Carter coming off his 53 point season for Kessel coming off his 60 point season or for Krejci coming off his 73 point season?

Yeah I likely would've traded Carter straight up for one of them depending on the type of player we needed, which is more Carter/Kessel.

Glad it couldn't have happened though. I'm very happy with Carter finishing 2nd in the NHL in goals.

And $5m is certainly the generalized price for Kessel and Krecji. if you think otherwise you're really optimistic. It could go as low as $4.5m for either, but I doubt it could be any lower than that.
i love krejci and kessel and all, but go beyond the stat sheets for a minute when it comes to contracts.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 12:57 PM
  #42
twenty2
 
twenty2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
i love krejci and kessel and all, but go beyond the stat sheets for a minute when it comes to contracts.
You honestly think the Bruins' two young future franchise forwards aren't going to want to get paid like two young future franchise forwards?

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 01:03 PM
  #43
Rommel
Registered User
 
Rommel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Recife
Country: Brazil
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Jared Stoll and 2 round pick 2009


Last edited by Rommel: 05-18-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 01:26 PM
  #44
Zal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
1) Lombardi, the Kings' GM, is very much against "stealing" players away via offer-sheet.

2) Even if he did do an offer, he would't give $6m. He's too cheap.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 01:32 PM
  #45
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury
 
Letang fan 58's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rician blast View Post
Jeff Carter is better than both of them.

Someone mentioned the bruins won't blink until the offer gets to $5.2m...I disagree, that'll be too much for the B's. I don't expect the Bruins to go beyond $5m for either Krejci or kessel. Then again, Timmy will be making $6m the next two yrs and he's won exactly one playoff series in his career.
You're right, Jeff Carter is better than both of them. Right now that is. He sure as hell wasnt any better when he signed that 3 year deal though. It really doesnt matter if he's better right now because hes now signed and would get much more than the 5 mil he signed for last summer. Krejci and Kessel are going to get big paydays. At some point in the near future the B's are going to be up against it for sure, but I think Kessel and Krejci are both re signed if below 6 mil. Even if they eventually have to trade one at a later date.

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 04:12 PM
  #46
bb_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
You honestly think the Bruins' two young future franchise forwards aren't going to want to get paid like two young future franchise forwards?
then answer the question.

would you do the trade one for one?

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 04:30 PM
  #47
jmwc95
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
You guys are lucky. With their injuries, there may be some uncertainty as to whether or not they would be ready for the start of next season which may lower their value this offseason and make it less likely other GMs would throw offer sheets at them. You may get them at a slightly discounted price ($4.5MM/yr).

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 05:28 PM
  #48
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
When you are young and money is involved then any player could sign anywhere. IMO this above is just plain naive and I'm not saying he would or should.
I've never been accused of being naive in my life. I'm under no illusions that there's a decent chance 1 of the 2 are gone before the season. That wasn't my point. Kurrilino seems to think the best strategy would be for LA to "give" and offer sheet to one player, let Boston match and then "give" an offer sheet to the other.

I'm sorry, but that's incredibly unlikely to happen. I'll give you the following reasons:

1) Boston has started negotiating with Krejci already and they are actively trying to sign him before he gets to RFA status. His agent and Chiarelli are former partners. I could see something happening soon (before the draft). But there's always a good chance that doesn't happen and they don't agree.

2) LA is not a contender. Players tend to go to new teams for 1 of 2 reasons: to win (Hossa) or money (everybody else). Since LA is not a contender they are going to have to offer significantly more money than ANY OTHER TEAM (not just Boston) to entice one of those 2 players. Once Krejci signs an offer sheet w/ a team, he can't sign another 1, so LA's offer will have to be the best one he gets (in his mind). Then let's say Boston matches that. Now LA is going to have to outbid every other interested team for Kessel.

3) I don't know exactly how this works (I'm not a CBA guru), but last year the B's had Wideman who was scheduled to be a RFA. Before it got to that point that filed (or he filed w/ their urging) for arbitration. That took him off the market but got him a contract he was happy with. I could be wrong, but his agent was the same as Krejci's and I could see a similar deal happening this year.

Look, players will leave teams. I know that. But I am pretty sure you won't see both Kessel and Krejci sign offer sheets with LA, and I'd be willing to make an AV bet on that.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 05:29 PM
  #49
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelsalviano View Post
Jared Stoll and 2 round pick 2009
Sure. And then we'll give you Ferrence and a 2nd for Doughty.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 05:44 PM
  #50
Zal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
The only guy the Kings would go after on Boston, would be a guy like Sturm. The rest are too expensive or Boston would want too much in return, resulting in holse in our core.

We're not going after any teams RFA's, unless it's through a trade, and our GM has indicated in interviews as of late, that he's prefer to deal for wingers with size(top-6, primarily). So, unless you plan on dealing us Lucic, it'll most likely be a deal for Sturm for our 3rd line.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.