HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Your 2010 LA KINGS!

Old
05-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labs 4 Vezina View Post
Brown - Kopitar - Gaborik
Frolov - Stoll - Williams
Purcell - Handzus - Simmonds
Lewis - Boyle - Moller

Johnson - Doughty
Hickey - Greene
Gauther - OD

Bernier
Quick
Again, Gauthier is a UFA and Quincey is under contract. Quincey will be on the top pairing unless he is injured.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labs 4 Vezina View Post
Brown - Kopitar - Gaborik
Frolov - Stoll - Williams
Purcell - Handzus - Simmonds
Lewis - Boyle - Moller

Johnson - Doughty
Hickey - Greene
Gauther - OD

Bernier
Quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Again, Gauthier is a UFA and Quincey is under contract. Quincey will be on the top pairing unless he is injured.
I am amazed that anyone would put Gauthier in any lineup over Quincey

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I am amazed that anyone would put Gauthier in any lineup over Quincey
Quincey and Doughty were the 2 best defensemen on the team last season. It could have been a career year for Quincey but he has all of 09/10 to prove it wasn't a fluke. Until then he is the #1 or #2 dman on the Kings. With Drewiske and Hickey around I don't see a need to re-sign Gauthier. As young as they were last season they could be even younger next season and better because the vets were dead weight. It's time to move forward without the likes of players with the skill sets of Armstrong, Calder and Gauthier, there is no need for them anymore. The team needs to take the next step this season. I'd prefer it start with signing Gaborik but we shall see what the GM has in store for us suffering King fans.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Lososaurus

vCash: 500
Quote:
The team needs to take the next step this season. I'd prefer it start with signing Gaborik but we shall see what the GM has in store for us suffering King fans.
Salt in the wound, no doubt.

Lososaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post

Gaborik-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Stoll-Brown
Sturm-Handzus-Simmonds/Purcell
Pick-And-Choose

Doughty-Komisarek
Johnson-O'Donnell
Quincey-Greene

Quick
Bernier/Ersberg

Edited a bit from the OP. That's a playoff line-up right there.

Last edited by Zal: 05-18-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 03:09 PM
AKAY47
Philly West Fan

We trade our 5th pick overall and Purcell/Boyle for Phil Kessel
We sign Marian Gaborik and Chris Neil

Frolov-Kopitar-Williams
Gaborik-Kessel-Brown
Lewis-Stoll-Moller
Neil-Handzus-Simmonds
Boyle, Zeiler, Ivanans, Richardson-- Scratches

Doughty-Johnson
Quincey-Greene
O'Donnell-Drewiske/Hickey
Voynov

Quick
Ersberg

Loktionov plays in Manchester with a few call ups, he's not ready for the NHL, especially after watching the Memorial Cup..

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 03:53 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Quincey and Doughty were the 2 best defensemen on the team last season. It could have been a career year for Quincey but he has all of 09/10 to prove it wasn't a fluke. Until then he is the #1 or #2 dman on the Kings. With Drewiske and Hickey around I don't see a need to re-sign Gauthier. As young as they were last season they could be even younger next season and better because the vets were dead weight. It's time to move forward without the likes of players with the skill sets of Armstrong, Calder and Gauthier, there is no need for them anymore. The team needs to take the next step this season. I'd prefer it start with signing Gaborik but we shall see what the GM has in store for us suffering King fans.

i still think there is a need for another vet defenseman... and this is where i see method to Dean's madness of a rigid defensive layering system. i don't know if i agree with it wholly, but i DO get it. re-signing Denis Gauther is not beyond the realm of reason for a guy who likes to hedge like Lombrdi does... if Denis wants to play, let alone come back, the familiarity would likely amount to a reduced rate and the understanding of an even more significant reduction in ice time and games played.

maybe Denis needs a little character check at this point in his career... and when i mean character, i don't mean his "classless" ******** behavior on the ice at times, i mean his comfort level with being a whipping boy because his "classless" ******** behavior on the ice at times is only occasionally necessary... like after having lost three straight or getting blown out at home and stuff. you always need guys to help shoulder the blame, boos, and losses. the Goat was also pretty damn good on the kill.

roll the dice on Drewiske? maybe... but remember, you're putting a lot of pressure on an even younger defensive lineup to s*** you guys some Tiffany cufflinks in a season which many of you have already prefaced with being the s*** or get of the potty season for the General Manager.

i also think you'll see one of either Calder or Armstrong re-signed for another year. no team can be successful in the playoffs without either of these types playing significant roles (if not icetime), on your bottoms-six.

you need at least a few of those in your system to be effective, with a fair share of those coming from within. right now, the team has two, with an asterisk on a 3rd, and a potential for a 4th should Johnson "buy in."

Armstrong by certain measure is the Dean Lombardi archetype and the type of player Hall of Famers speak about at their number retirement ceremonies as having played significant roles to all that came after and did it like a pro during the lean years, where on that token, you'd like to see rewarded rather than referenced.

Derek Armstrong is a hockey player's hockey player and has never shown anything other than the Kings being his team... talk about tattoos.

Dean Lombardi is often maligned around here for operating within the strongest part of his comfort zone - familiarity. when in fact, were you to look closer at the fractal of the NHL, you'd see essentially the same thing - ALL teams do it... you don't think it was beyond transitive property what was going to happen in Toronto after Brian Burke began making allusions to thinking about what it'd be like to go there? he farted T-O-R-O-N-T-O and Ron Wilson wasn't too soon hesitated upon.

Calder is a tough explain because this will come down to an ol' boys confidence pick. although they got the play out of Calder that they expected and wanted, they didn't get the production they needed out of him... and to the contrary, i don't think he "sucked" as bad as many of you insist he did.

the gut check is whether or not to roll the dice and not sign either. that'll of course depend upon your confidence level with guys like Lewis, Moulson, etal. being able to prove they belong in training camp. fail and you're going to overpay in one way or another to fill that hole, or take a gamble to find a role for a player in an area of your team that most requires a gamble-free zone.

right now, the third line is a player short of being downright playoff nasty... i'm not jumping the gun here, mind you, i realize Wayne Simmonds doesn't quite have the requisite number of experience points to enable him a level-up, but i believe in this kid enough to feel comfortable with the opinion that this is only slightly less than ideal rather than a re-hash of hunt and peck ideas at a solution that has proven more often than not as having the absolute necessity of coming from within... and from scratch.

if next season you see Peter Harrold riding a bull with **** on the 4th line, your prospect depth either isn't as far along yet as you hoped (and i'm sure many of you feel that that'll be the explanation *cough* excuse *cough* regardless) or they outright blow and you'll have PLENTY of 'splaining to do.

gotta build "from the net out," right?

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
roll the dice on Drewiske? maybe... but remember, you're putting a lot of pressure on an even younger defensive lineup to s*** you guys some Tiffany cufflinks in a season which many of you have already prefaced with being the s*** or get of the potty season for the General Manager.
Oh man.. I love Sgt Hartman. Great reference!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
Edited a bit from the OP. That's a playoff line-up right there.
It probably would be a playoff lineup....unfortunately it probably would not fit under the cap....if it did it would barely fit. I think Dean would want some wiggle room at the trade deadline.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote