HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT : urgent advice/ help reference check for appartment routine

Old
05-18-2009, 07:18 PM
superstar436

vCash: 500
OT : urgent advice/ help reference check for appartment routine

urgent help : your opinion

I am looking for an appartment and landlords need reference.

Well I lived previously in 2 places: 1 for 10 years, and the other for the last 5 years. Anyway, back in summer 2008 the roof leaked heavily and the landlord promised that he would fix it which he never did so I went to city of montreal who opened a case and forced him. He started to do some work, but by some amateurs. In September, he finished the work he came to pick up his rent which I gave him and which he never cashed and went to rent board and filed a plaint against me and that he wants me out of there. Lucky me it restarted leaking so he canceled his plaint and I filed one against him asking for some money back as 1 room was not usable. Meanwhile, the city of montreal gave him several warnings and then he ended up paying a fine, but before receiving the fine he went to the rent board and filed a plaint against me saying that I did not allow his workers to go on the roof ( through the balcony ) and that this is why he can't fix it which is a lie. soon there will be a court hearing and both parties will present their cases and proofs.

Question :Can landloards call the rent board (regie du logement ) and ask about me.

Should I just put some bogus name of a friend.

what exactley do you advice me ?

I have the city of montreal inspector report which is totally in my favor, which I can give to the new landlord, but I am afraid taht he would get scared " because I am a tough cookie "

thanx in advance and sorry mods, but I am stuck in a delicate situation.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote