HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Krejci

Old
05-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelsalviano View Post
Jared Stoll and 2º round pick 2009
Who is Jared Stoll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
1) Lombardi, the Kings' GM, is very much against "stealing" players away via offer-sheet.

2) Even if he did do an offer, he would't give $6m. He's too cheap.
Pretty much...

Quote:
The only guy the Kings would go after on Boston, would be a guy like Sturm. The rest are too expensive or Boston would want too much in return, resulting in holse in our core.

We're not going after any teams RFA's, unless it's through a trade, and our GM has indicated in interviews as of late, that he's prefer to deal for wingers with size(top-6, primarily). So, unless you plan on dealing us Lucic, it'll most likely be a deal for Sturm for our 3rd line.
Something like this sounds about right. The Kings wouldn't have much interest in Krejci or Kessel. Sturm would warrant more interest than the other two...

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Dr Quincy

vCash: 500
Quote:
The only guy the Kings would go after on Boston, would be a guy like Sturm. The rest are too expensive or Boston would want too much in return, resulting in holse in our core.

We're not going after any teams RFA's, unless it's through a trade, and our GM has indicated in interviews as of late, that he's prefer to deal for wingers with size(top-6, primarily). So, unless you plan on dealing us Lucic, it'll most likely be a deal for Sturm for our 3rd line.
Unfortunately Sturm has a NMC and is unlikely to waive it.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I've never been accused of being naive in my life. I'm under no illusions that there's a decent chance 1 of the 2 are gone before the season. That wasn't my point. Kurrilino seems to think the best strategy would be for LA to "give" and offer sheet to one player, let Boston match and then "give" an offer sheet to the other.

I'm sorry, but that's incredibly unlikely to happen. I'll give you the following reasons:

1) Boston has started negotiating with Krejci already and they are actively trying to sign him before he gets to RFA status. His agent and Chiarelli are former partners. I could see something happening soon (before the draft). But there's always a good chance that doesn't happen and they don't agree.

2) LA is not a contender. Players tend to go to new teams for 1 of 2 reasons: to win (Hossa) or money (everybody else). Since LA is not a contender they are going to have to offer significantly more money than ANY OTHER TEAM (not just Boston) to entice one of those 2 players. Once Krejci signs an offer sheet w/ a team, he can't sign another 1, so LA's offer will have to be the best one he gets (in his mind). Then let's say Boston matches that. Now LA is going to have to outbid every other interested team for Kessel.

3) I don't know exactly how this works (I'm not a CBA guru), but last year the B's had Wideman who was scheduled to be a RFA. Before it got to that point that filed (or he filed w/ their urging) for arbitration. That took him off the market but got him a contract he was happy with. I could be wrong, but his agent was the same as Krejci's and I could see a similar deal happening this year.

Look, players will leave teams. I know that. But I am pretty sure you won't see both Kessel and Krejci sign offer sheets with LA, and I'd be willing to make an AV bet on that.
If LA would try to sign him to an offer sheet (which wont happen), the fact LA is not a contender and why you would be willing to make a bet on that (that he will never sign with LA), is something I seriously dont understand.

He's young, LA has a promosing team, he will get a huge pay raise etc etc and you talk about it like it's a fact already or you are Krejci's agent....

That was my only point.

If you hope for someting else...well probably...but that's beside the point.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 11:46 AM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
Kevin Lowe already started that ball rolling a few years ago.
Surely guys like Sather giving guys like Gomez and Drury 7.5M$ contracts didn't have anything to do with it...

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 12:41 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

I plea with everyone to stop the Jeff Carter comparisons.

The Flyers overpayed Jeff Carter in order to sign a THREE-year deal. The reason he got the extra cash is that he will still be an RFA at the end of the deal so Philly will still have his rights. A player must play seven years in order get UFA status.

It's reasonable to assume that adding an extra year to his contract would have knocked off $1 million per season.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 01:05 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieRuzica View Post
I plea with everyone to stop the Jeff Carter comparisons.

The Flyers overpayed Jeff Carter in order to sign a THREE-year deal. The reason he got the extra cash is that he will still be an RFA at the end of the deal so Philly will still have his rights. A player must play seven years in order get UFA status.

It's reasonable to assume that adding an extra year to his contract would have knocked off $1 million per season.
Oh my God, facts and reason...stop!!!

Just to add to all this, and this isn't just concerning Bruins players but RFA's across the league, I love how only some contracts are used as precedence when discussing upcoming contracts. Contracts like Parise, Derek Roy, Boyes, Weiss, etc, are instantly dismissed as the exception to the rule for a myriad of fabricated reasons, but contracts like Vanek, Carter, Getzlaf, Richards, etc are somehow the only reasonable ones that can be cited for comparison. Precedence is a two way street, and that involves the negotation process for the both player and team. Just because agents are going to cite that second group of players at the bargaining table to try to get their player more money, doesn't mean that GM's aren't going to be armed with a slew of players with comparable numbers that took less money.

Just another thought, and this is purely speculative, but this is the first offseason since the doom and gloom cap projections have become somewhat of a reality. Unfortunately for the players, it's pretty obvious that an impending downswing in the salary cap is going to come up in every contract negotiation...and not just as a bargaining ploy. I'm not saying that every GM should now have the green light to make lowball "take it or leave it" offers, but contracts that were negotiated even one year ago are just not going to play the same role in terms of determining new values.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote