HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Brooklynite hockey

Old
03-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Saved

vCash: 500
If my CCM U+ breaks, am I able to use that as a shaft and just put a blade in it? Could I cut the one end off nice, tape it, and then flip the stick around? What would I be able to do.

Saved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

no flipping stick. no! bad penguin! itll mess with the flex.

no response yet, hoping that ill get one before the weekend.

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Heres the response I got about a half hour ago:

Steve,

We are in the process of ordering shafts and blades in fact an order has
just been placed with our manufacturing plant. This process unfortunately
takes approx. 30 to 45 days. Where in Brooklyn are you located? I can check
for some broken returns for now until the new order is in. just let me know
where you are located I will see what I have in my returns. Thank you for
your interest in our Company!

SINCERELY;

MARCO *****

also on another email he said that Wonderland (a Brooklyn based hockey shop) will be carrying their equipment, so other Brooklyn based HF members could go check their stuff out.

Last edited by Hobgoblin Steve: 03-12-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old
03-12-2009, 10:42 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Isn't this all just old repainted Fury crap with higher prices? Pass!

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 11:19 PM
ModSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Quite a few sticks these days are true one pieces. The s17 is, the CCM U+, the Bauer one 95, and the RBK 10K is almost a true one piece. The Warrior Kronik is one as well.

Very few top end OPS these days are a traditional bonded shaft and blade. Not quite a true one piece, but better then a retail shaft and a retail blade bonded with epoxy instead of hot glue like they did in the past.

And I don't think they paid the NHL's fee, so they can't be used in the NHL unless they're repainted as a stick from an approved company.
A true one piece would be a stick that is compression molded in one shot. The old Busch sticks were. The difference is that the newer sticks (S17, Kronik, U+) have hollow hosels (no tenons) and shafts, and are fused and wrapped. The rest of them are fused.

As far as the NHL fee is concerned, the stick would have to be approved before they are able to pay the licensing fee.

ModSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

As for the responses Ive gotten from them; I cant really reveal anything except that 12 NHLers will be using their equipment next season, three of which are net-minders. I can also say that they will be putting out two piece sticks within the next two months or so.

I probably COULD go into details, but wont. [PM me for info if you're interested(I may say no however)]

Old
03-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

So I got a Brooklynite stick, (all four of them actually) and I cant say enough on how absolutely light every one of them are. Their heaviest one at 570 grams is so balanced you don't feel the weight.
Anyway, after cutting the blade off of one (was a lefty) and putting a new tapered wood blade in it, heres the final product.

Old
05-17-2009, 12:41 AM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynitecanada View Post
Brooklynite manufacturers great sticks. They are very durable and hold up well. I suggest that you try them if you haven't. Major bang for your buck!
I've heard that too. I havenít got them on ice yet but I got a personal look and feel at Brooklynite sticks today and they are as light if not a little lighter than Warrior sticks, a major downside to Warriors is that they are brittle! I suspect Brooklynite products will expode on the NHL within the next 2-3 years like Warrior a few seasons ago.

Idk how many retailers have them in stores but Brooklynite gear is now available in Total Hockey (stores in MI and MO and online).

Last edited by sbkbghockey: 05-17-2009 at 12:51 AM.
sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Thefalkon

Off-topic, but their second wallpaper in their website is pretty cool looking.

Thefalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 12:47 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Another Warrior? Great. More 6 year old technology at sky high prices with idiotic advertising. Yippee!

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 01:03 AM
WickedWrister

Looks like they sell at a store near me. I'll check the sticks out and let you guys know

WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaWrista View Post
Quote:
Another Warrior? Great. More 6 year old technology at sky high prices with idiotic advertising. Yippee!
What's your problem with them?

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Dr Acula

I've never seen the Brooklynite products in person, but my impression based on browsing their site is the graphics and design looks really cheap and generic. The "Brooklynite" font is ugly and reminds me of that Eragon movie. Also, the biblical reference in their products is a turn off for me.

Also, the owner has been on several hockey communities to pimp his own products and bad mouth other companies. His tactics have left a bad taste, and with the amount of reputable companies that are putting out a variety of great products, I doubt I will ever be compelled to give my money to Brooklynite.

BTW, for a guy that hate on Warrior so much, he sure does like to copy them.

Dr Acula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
It looks like Brooklynite hockey has gotten started up and their sticks are on the market.

Brooklynite Almighty

Brooklynite Redeemer

Brooklynite D-Force

Their gloves will be out soon!

I'm intrigued by their products. The founders are really good people, and the sticks look awesome too. I'm going to be trying one whenever I get some money.
Wow I like coming here to this board because I never heard of this compnay until now.

I have been reading some of the responses in this thread.

I do like the graphics on these sticks and the color schemes. That being said I would have to try one to see if I like them or not.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Johnny Law

Quote:
Mostly no, the sticks as far as I know are all new, additionally they have a new pair of gloves which aren't on their website that are also entirely new.

The older gloves that they sold/sell are rebadged Fury's.

Johnny Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 05:22 PM
BrianNYR

Quote:
Mostly no, the sticks as far as I know are all new, additionally they have a new pair of gloves which aren't on their website that are also entirely new.

Their made from the same molds as the old furys. BK bought the mold form fury when crocs sent them under.

BrianNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Law View Post

I got to try out the new gloves. I really wasnt impressed, they looked real cheap, not all leather (customizable, but for 130 they shouldve been all leather). the palm leather was nice, but again, wasnt impressed. Not to mention theres no extra wrist-cuff. I normally wear a 14", and tried out the 14's and the cuff barely covered my wrist. Id pass on them if youre thinking about them.

Old
05-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Dr Acula

No one wears all leather gloves long cuffed gloves anymore.

Old
05-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarmy View Post
No one wears all leather gloves long cuffed gloves anymore.
odd, I dont know, if a glove dont have that extra cuff (an under-cuff if you will) I tend to shy away from them. I dont mind any glove not being all leather, in fact my Mission 120's are full synthetic. but at a price tag of 130, ill pass on them. as I said, they look (almost like those 20$ ccm starter gloves) and feel cheap. Really the only thing I liked about them was the thick palm leather, but even that ive felt nicer on gloves half the cost.

I still pass on them.

Old
05-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Dr Acula

I'm not defending those Brooklynite gloves at all, (I haven't even seen them) but a lot of people, myself included, prefer the nylon/tufftek material over leather because it's lighter and dries quicker. Same with the short cuffs; some people prefer mobility over protection. It's all about performance over durability. Just watch the game tonight, I doubt you'll find many players besides the goalie wearing "leather" gloves.

Old
05-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarmy View Post
I'm not defending those Brooklynite gloves at all, (I haven't even seen them) but a lot of people, myself included, prefer the nylon/tufftek material over leather because it's lighter and dries quicker. Same with the short cuffs; some people prefer mobility over protection. It's all about performance over durability. Just watch the game tonight, I doubt you'll find many players besides the goalie wearing "leather" gloves.
I certainly haven't bought any all leather gloves in years. Good thing too cuzz they take FOREVER to break in. Nowadays no fuss no muss, they usually break in almost immediately.

I wear the Easton Stealth gloves from 2007 or 2008 and the cuff is leather but the rest is a meshlike fabric stuff. I like them now that they are broken in, they were a little tough to break in for a new glove these days.

I am intrigued by this Brooklynite stuff though, seems like an interesting company. A little pricey i thought though from snooping around their site.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post

I wear the Easton Stealth gloves from 2007 or 2008 and the cuff is leather but the rest is a meshlike fabric stuff. I like them now that they are broken in, they were a little tough to break in for a new glove these days.

I am intrigued by this Brooklynite stuff though, seems like an interesting company. A little pricey i thought though from snooping around their site.
Those Easton cuffs are exactly what im talking about, if a glove dont have them, I shy away. My elbow pads are small so if theres no cuff, im pretty much exposed, and I dont like that. My Mission 120's have that cuff.

well I can tell you from trying out all of their sticks, the Almighty and the D-force are two of the nicest sticks Ive used in a while. The D-force is not a heavy stick at all, Id say it weighs about the same as a Mission z-2. The Almighty is lighter and nicer, but thats about it

The gloves, Ive only worn the new ones, and I dont like them

Goalie pads ive seen, theyre nice, but im not a goalie so I dont know how they are other than they look nice.