HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas and Montreal

Old
05-20-2009, 10:33 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
The Dallas people think they are giving up too much
The Montral people think they are giving up too much

Can mean only 1 thing. The proposal is fair for both sides.
Now I don't know if the specifics fit into either teams plans but the proposal is fair.
3 1st round picks plus our backup goalie is a ton to give up to move up 8 spots. Not saying Dallas should take it by any means, nor should or would the Habs offer that much imo.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlloveslucic View Post
3 1st round picks plus our backup goalie is a ton to give up to move up 8 spots. Not saying Dallas should take it by any means, nor should or would the Habs offer that much imo.
10 spots, not 8.

And I still don't see why so much emphasis is being put on when O'Byrne/McDonagh and Fischer were drafted; just because a player was drafted in the first round, it should not immediately translate to a higher trade value.

I'd rather Dallas trade their first 4 picks from the 2007 Draft before they even thought of trading their 5th, Jamie Benn.

05-20-2009, 11:00 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
10 spots, not 8.

And I still don't see why so much emphasis is being put on when O'Byrne/McDonagh and Fischer were drafted; just because a player was drafted in the first round, it should not immediately translate to a higher trade value.

I'd rather Dallas trade their first 4 picks from the 2007 Draft before they even thought of trading their 5th, Jamie Benn.
My bad I was thinking Dallas was 10th. Still no way the Habs trade 3 1st round picks plus their backup goalie to move up 10 spots imo. Regardless of where they were drafted, McDonagh and Fischer are among the Habs top D prospects, so giving up that much would hurt. Anyway who cares, not gona happen.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
10 spots, not 8.

Because McDonagh and Fischer are exactly where the Habs projected them to be at this point in their development when they drafted them, so too the Habs, they are still valued as first round picks. It seems to many here, once a player his drafted his value becomes less that where he was drafted.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:20 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
The Dallas people think they are giving up too much
The Montral people think they are giving up too much

Can mean only 1 thing. The proposal is fair for both sides.
Now I don't know if the specifics fit into either teams plans but the proposal is fair.
No, it means it makes no sense for either team.

Dallas has a ton of 2nd-3rd pair defenders (in the NHL and in the prospect pool). While they are valuable, the 2 defenders (O'Byrne and Fischer) aren't needed in Dallas. Halak is not worth the 10 spot drop. Last year, moving from 12th to 17th gave Anaheim the 28th overall pick.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Boondock

As a fan of neither team, I think Mont. gives up too much to move up 10 spots. I can appreciate that the deal may not address Dallas' most pressing needs, but I'm pretty sure management would take this deal. The way I see it it works out as:

To Mont: OEL or Kulikov (#8 pick) - very good offensive dmen - PP QB, top pairing potential
To Dal: Ashton or Holland (#18) - very solid offensive prospects - top 6 forward potential, Halak - a young solid back up goalie who could well develop into a starter once Turco fades, O'B. or McD.- big solid defensive prospect, top 4 potential (top pairing potential in McD's case) - Fischer seems like a bonus

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Tyler Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHo View Post
I don't think DAL does it. They are getting to draft in the top 10 for the first time in over a decade, and are likely to get a potential franchise player with that pick. By any chance, if they wanted to trade the pick, I'm sure it would be in a package for a top D-man (i.e., Visnovsky).
ya really? halak is good to be a decent starter,

if you pick Ryan McDonagh and David Fischer you're basically getting 2 additional first rounders.

i would trade these 3 for that pick, let alone w/ the 18th overall

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 05:56 PM
bleuetbio

Well!!! Montreal supposes to give Mcdonagh their 1st and maybe Fischer to add...Kulikov???? Be serious for a moment.

bleuetbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 06:04 PM
AK

Send Subban or Max Pac along with Halak.

The eight overall pick gets a great talent. The Habs won't get it for their backup goalie, a bottom pairing defenseman, and an above average prospect.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote