HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

SuperFeet insoles

Old
05-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Cams

vCash: 500
SuperFeet insoles

I saw the yellow Superfeet insoles at a store here in Windsor. I have the NBH XXIX, which I have used maybe 1/2 dozen times, only twice in a game situation. They fit just fine, maybe a little room in the boot, but they were baked and fitted by a reputable LHS.

Will the superfeet benefit anymore than the stock insole these skates come with? They are $39.99 for a set. I was considering purchasing them if they are worth the cash and will benefit me. Just wanted to get some people's input on them before I do so.

Thanks in advance.

Cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 02:43 PM
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
Go to the store with your skates and try them on with the Superfeet. It can't hurt to try, right?

While I don't wear them myself, I'd say we sell Superfeet with 90% of the skates we sell. In most skates, no matter what price you pay, you get a crappy, floppy, soft footbed.

AHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 02:57 PM
thebkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
Go to the store with your skates and try them on with the Superfeet. It can't hurt to try, right?

While I don't wear them myself, I'd say we sell Superfeet with 90% of the skates we sell. In most skates, no matter what price you pay, you get a crappy, floppy, soft foot bed.
I agree completely and during July and August I sold more then 1 pair per skate (adding on pairs for shoes for themselves, mom, dad, and sister ). They do much much more than the crappy insoles that come with the skate.

I would definitely recommend them. They might make your skate feel longer than you are used to because it will give your foot a better arch than it may have. Worst case scenario, Superfeet come with a 60 day comfort guarantee. You can try them out and get them green and smelling like a barn and if you really do not notice a difference then take them back.

I would caution you though, some people have a break in period to get used to the physical change in your foot structure.

I put them in my shoes and skates and am completely addicted to them and find it hard to go without.

Hope that helps. Good luck and enjoy Superfeet!

thebkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Stefan It Up

I'm a fan. For the money, I'd recommend these insoles over any other piece of equipment.

Stefan It Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
I love them. I wear them in all of my skates. Worth every penny.

05-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Hockeyfan68

Question ... if anyone knows of course ... I bought a pair of the shockdoctor inserts for skates and did not like them. They seemed too springy ... is that what they are supposed to do or am I just a useless nutbag?

They seemed too spongey ... I should mention that I am used to plain boring footbeds and it may be a thing where I am just not used to it.

Are the superfeet stuffs better than shockdoctor or are they comparable?

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Stefan It Up

Superfeet are much less springy than ShockDoctors. Go to a store and open a pack up. It's kind of ridiculous that the piece of stiff plastic is priced at what it is, but it does do the job of holding arches up.

Stefan It Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Saved*

I'm actually using a pair of superfeet with my XXIX skates. Much better fit for me.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 12:34 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Have the yellow super feet and love them. A piece of foam is not an insole. Skate and shoe companies screw the public with the crap they place inside of their product.

Last edited by The Tikkanen: 05-21-2009 at 12:48 AM.
The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Hockeyfan68

I wonder if I would even need the Superfeet stuff as I have ZERO arch issues. Any comments on that from any users of Superfeet?

Old
05-21-2009, 11:18 PM
LarryO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Have the yellow super feet and love them. A piece of foam is not an insole. Skate and shoe companies screw the public with the crap they place inside of their product.
I have to disagree. First, Superfeet are not for everyone. They might help a lot of people but some feet are just not compatible with them. I gave them a good try in my RBK skates and in my shoes, trying different sizes to try to fit to my low forward arches. After a few weeks of skating with them I started having knee pain. The knee pain went away when I went back to the stock insoles. A second try with Superfeet brought the knee pain back, and going back to stock insoles stopped it so it was no coincidence.

The reason skates come with thin insoles is that the footbed underneath it is shaped for certain footshape. That is one reason why different brands and models of skates fit better on some people than on others. The low arch of the RBK footbed fits my foot better than Superfeet and other insoles that I have tried. Superfeet are worth trying but they are not guaranteed to be preferable than the stock insole for everyone.

Last edited by LarryO: 05-21-2009 at 11:23 PM.
LarryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 12:19 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I have no arch issues so it's more of a comfort thing for me. The only thing I noticed is my foot seemed to fit into the boot a little more deeply, which I like.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Crosbyfan

Skate soles are generally made for flatter than average feet so that everyone can wear them, but of course they really only fit flatter than average feet.

Thus miracle of miracles, 50 cents worth of plastic can fix it, or improve it significantly for people with higher than average arches.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryO View Post
I have to disagree. First, Superfeet are not for everyone. They might help a lot of people but some feet are just not compatible with them. I gave them a good try in my RBK skates and in my shoes, trying different sizes to try to fit to my low forward arches. After a few weeks of skating with them I started having knee pain. The knee pain went away when I went back to the stock insoles. A second try with Superfeet brought the knee pain back, and going back to stock insoles stopped it so it was no coincidence.

The reason skates come with thin insoles is that the footbed underneath it is shaped for certain footshape. That is one reason why different brands and models of skates fit better on some people than on others. The low arch of the RBK footbed fits my foot better than Superfeet and other insoles that I have tried. Superfeet are worth trying but they are not guaranteed to be preferable than the stock insole for everyone.
Interesting I had the same knee pain issue wearing the Shockdoctor skate inserts. I am not using any at the moment and also went back to the footbed that came with the skate and like yourself no longer have any knee pain.

Strange how these things can happen that you would think would not be that big a deal.

Old
05-22-2009, 07:49 PM
shotty

superfeet are the ultimate compromise.

way better than the stock insoles, and not as beneficial as custom footbeds.

are they worth $40? i'd say yes.

shotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:57 PM
shotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
they do it because its expected that if you spend the kind of money most people spend on skates to dial fit and performance, you'll also be spending money on proper arch support, so to minimize cost, they throw garbage in there, expecting you to throw it out.

high end ski-touring boots don't even include insoles anymore.

shotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan It Up View Post
Superfeet are much less springy than ShockDoctors. Go to a store and open a pack up. It's kind of ridiculous that the piece of stiff plastic is priced at what it is, but it does do the job of holding arches up.
I've never seen any in any store here for hockey stuff. They just had the Shockdoctor stuff. I'm pretty tempted to see what all the praise is about by just ordering some online or something.

$40 isn't much money really.

Old
05-22-2009, 09:55 PM
LarryO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I've never seen any in any store here for hockey stuff. They just had the Shockdoctor stuff. I'm pretty tempted to see what all the praise is about by just ordering some online or something.

$40 isn't much money really.
Are you near Portland? Eastern Mountain Sports seem to have them.
Superfeet

LarryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryO View Post
Are you near Portland? Eastern Mountain Sports seem to have them.
Superfeet
I am in the Lewiston/Auburn area about 40-45 miles away .... I go to Portland a few times a year and could make a pitstop easy enough. Not sure I would drive that far just for these but I will be there eventually and could do so.

Thanks for the info, I just added it to my stuff to get word doc on the desktop of my laptop for future reference.

Old
07-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Pierre Gotye

I used them for the first time last night and liked them. Unfortunately, the skate shop messed up my skate blade cut and I had no inside edge. It really made for a frustrating game.

I'll have to get that corrected, but I am interested in knowing how these will do once I have a good edge again.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
I used them for the first time last night and liked them. Unfortunately, the skate shop messed up my skate blade cut and I had no inside edge. It really made for a frustrating game.

I'll have to get that corrected, but I am interested in knowing how these will do once I have a good edge again.
I am very glad I found a guy who does my skates wonderfully every time. I used to bring my skates here, there and everywhere and sometimes you would get dumb stuff like they forgot to use the slide stone to remove the burrs or other dumb things.

The guy who does mine is the only guy I will let touch my skates.

As for your superfeet thingies I am using the Shockdoctor ones I bought and fater buying new skates love them. I like the extra spongey spring I get out of them.

I am sure I would like the superfeet too ... I noticed their website also sells superfeet so getting them won't be difficult.

I will get some at some point for another pair of skates I have that had terrible factory footbeds.

I like the Shockdoctor ones I bought because they have a raised spot just under the ball of the foot that feels excellent when skating. I really got to use them for the first time last night and they great.

I had tried them in my other skate which sat more back on the heels and felt knee pain, after putting them in my new skates which sit forward more I felt no discomfort. I have a previous knee issue and need to be careful what I use for stuff like this.

So far so good.

Old
07-12-2009, 04:55 AM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I am very glad I found a guy who does my skates wonderfully every time. I used to bring my skates here, there and everywhere and sometimes you would get dumb stuff like they forgot to use the slide stone to remove the burrs or other dumb things.

The guy who does mine is the only guy I will let touch my skates.

As for your superfeet thingies I am using the Shockdoctor ones I bought and fater buying new skates love them. I like the extra spongey spring I get out of them.

I am sure I would like the superfeet too ... I noticed their website also sells superfeet so getting them won't be difficult.

I will get some at some point for another pair of skates I have that had terrible factory footbeds.

I like the Shockdoctor ones I bought because they have a raised spot just under the ball of the foot that feels excellent when skating. I really got to use them for the first time last night and they great.

I had tried them in my other skate which sat more back on the heels and felt knee pain, after putting them in my new skates which sit forward more I felt no discomfort. I have a previous knee issue and need to be careful what I use for stuff like this.

So far so good.
I haven't gotten a bad cut from Starcenter until this last one. Didn't know you could screw up a shaving so badly, but it happened.

Some kid was doing it, probably got in a rush.

As for the SF insoles I like them. Haven't used the shockdoctor ones. Maybe it's just personal preference, but I haven't really liked any of the shockdoctor products.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Skraut

Took some looking around to find Superfeet in my area, and when I did find them I had to train the guy at the LHS how to sell them. He couldn't grasp the concept that they were sold by SHOE size, not SKATE size. I wear a 12 shoe, but a 9 skate, and he kept handing me the size 9 insoles and telling me they were what I needed.

He also said most people don't like them because they don't fit their feet. Well DUH! it helps if you give the person the right size. He thought I was crazy when I had the size 12's and told them I was going to cut them down to size, so I walked out to my car, grabbed my laptop, tethered it to my phone and played this movie for him.

http://www.hockeyus.com/news-article...ing-guide.html

Superfeet needs to sign me up as a sales rep

Anyway I finally got my superfeet, put a skating session in on them an absolutely love them. I wear Alznner insoles in my regular shoes and had been tossing them in my skate boots. But they created too big of an arch in by skate boots, and I'd crush my arch into my insole trying to get the boot tight in the area giving me a lot of pain. They also rested on top of my existing footbeds, and acted like a large heal lift making backwards skating really difficult (I'm still learning) I popped the Superfeet in, had an open skate last night, and loved the major improvement in how my boots fit and feel.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 10:46 AM
vyktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotty View Post
superfeet are the ultimate compromise.

way better than the stock insoles, and not as beneficial as custom footbeds.

are they worth $40? i'd say yes.

But my rather expensive custom footbeds are too rigid to fit in any skate that isn't close to flat on the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
Took some looking around to find Superfeet in my area, and when I did find them I had to train the guy at the LHS how to sell them. He couldn't grasp the concept that they were sold by SHOE size, not SKATE size. I wear a 12 shoe, but a 9 skate, and he kept handing me the size 9 insoles and telling me they were what I needed.

He also said most people don't like them because they don't fit their feet. Well DUH! it helps if you give the person the right size. He thought I was crazy when I had the size 12's and told them I was going to cut them down to size, so I walked out to my car, grabbed my laptop, tethered it to my phone and played this movie for him.

http://www.hockeyus.com/news-article...ing-guide.html

Superfeet needs to sign me up as a sales rep

Anyway I finally got my superfeet, put a skating session in on them an absolutely love them. I wear Alznner insoles in my regular shoes and had been tossing them in my skate boots. But they created too big of an arch in by skate boots, and I'd crush my arch into my insole trying to get the boot tight in the area giving me a lot of pain. They also rested on top of my existing footbeds, and acted like a large heal lift making backwards skating really difficult (I'm still learning) I popped the Superfeet in, had an open skate last night, and loved the major improvement in how my boots fit and feel.
I've had the same prob with Alzner insoles(as well as custom insoles as mentioned above) right now i have green superfeet as they were all i could find, is there much difference?

vyktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Areid1990

For Superfeet do you have to take out the insole that comes with the skate? Or does it just go over top?

Areid1990 is offline   Reply With Quote