HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vinny to LA Pretty Much Done Deal???

Old
05-22-2009, 06:53 AM
Mr Underhill

vCash: 500
Vinny to LA Pretty Much Done Deal???

So Al Strachan was on HNIC Radio yesterday and said Vinny to LA is pretty much a done deal.

How reliable is this guy?

Last edited by Mr Underhill: 05-22-2009 at 07:00 AM.
Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Randall Graves*

Somewhere between Eklund and Burt the dog

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 06:58 AM
Mr Underhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Somewhere between Eklund and Burt the dog
Sweet...so theres an e() next to this rumor. Or maybe an s().

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 06:59 AM
ugotmybeef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
So Al Strachan was on HNIC Radio yesterday and said Vinny to LA is pretty much a done deal.

How reliable is this guy
You answered your own question, not really.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:11 AM
TBLightningFan

Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan
Vinny has had a done deal with a lot of teams now... I'll believe one of them when it happens.

TBLightningFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Riverboat Gambler

Then Strachula turned into a bat and flew off.

Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:37 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
If the Bolts do trade Vinny, I predict the Bolts will pass the NYI as a team that becomes a runnng jokes due to the owners.

I got this feeing that the new bolt owners have been hit hard by the slowdown in the economy and i think they are tighter for cash then we know..

Both majority owners made there money rather quick in the property markets and I think things have gone south for them quickly.

I think the owners of the bolts are the kids in the sand box that wants ll things to go thei way and when they don't they over react

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:41 AM
HabsAtak

The one owner of the Lightning is the guy who makes the Saw movies. He still has lots of cash. He just does not want to spend it all on the Lightning. The other guy Barry is the real estate guy he is the risk taker and the talker. From what I heard on various shows is that the do not talk to each other any more. Of course, this is all speculation but it does make sense seeing how the Bolts are run.

HabsAtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:42 AM
sgupca

Quote:

How reliable is this guy?
He's the most unrealiable guy on TV...i can't believe CBC actually gives him air-time...he's a joke.

and like someone else said...he isn't any better than Eklund.

Now, I think Vinny to LA this summer is going to happen, but you can't trust anything Al Strachan says...EVER.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:44 AM
HabsAtak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
He's the most unrealiable guy on TV...i can't believe CBC actually gives him air-time...he's a joke.

and like someone else said...he isn't any better than Eklund.

Now, I think Vinny to LA this summer is going to happen, but you can't trust anything Al Strachan says...EVER.
The only reason CBC has Al on is so Milbury has someone to feud with. Otherwise, they could not justify Milbury's rants and stupidity. With Al there they can say they play off each other real well and it is good TV. I know I watch After 40 Minutes just to watch Milbury call Al a dink. That was a classic.

Old
05-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Sweet...so theres an e() next to this rumor. Or maybe an s().
How about a bs()

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:48 AM
HabsAtak

I can see Vinny going to LA though. LA has what TB needs, good young players. LA needs a real leader (maybe Vinny can fill that role) who knows.

Old
05-22-2009, 07:57 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

well

I will play along

Jack Johnson, first rounder this year and Dustin Brown for Vinny?

Old
05-22-2009, 07:58 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takabru View Post
I can see Vinny going to LA though. LA has what TB needs, good young players. LA needs a real leader (maybe Vinny can fill that role) who knows.
Agreed.
I have not understood 1 Vinny to XYZ yet. LA is the only team that makes any sense to me, they have a lot of nice young players, and using 2 nice young players plus a 2010 1st rounder would be good for both teams. LA gets to keep their high pick this year, they add 1 more top-end player and move some expendable parts for (IMO) a top-5 center in the NHL.

To Tampa:
1. Jack Johnson
2. Jarret Stoll
3. Alexander Frolov
4. 2010 1st

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 08:05 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Agreed.
I have not understood 1 Vinny to XYZ yet. LA is the only team that makes any sense to me, they have a lot of nice young players, and using 2 nice young players plus a 2010 1st rounder would be good for both teams. LA gets to keep their high pick this year, they add 1 more top-end player and move some expendable parts for (IMO) a top-5 center in the NHL.

To Tampa:
1. Jack Johnson
2. Jarret Stoll
3. Alexander Frolov
4. 2010 1st

I think the deal would be built around JJ and the first. But I think the Bolts would turn down Stoll and Frolov becuase Frolov has one year left and then is a UFA looking for a huge pay raise to around 5 to 7 million a year and I don't think the bolts want to get into a bidding war.

I like Stoll--but he does not brng the all around game tha Bolts need and like I said--I think the Bolts would rather have Brown then either Stoll or Frolov. Brown is signed for 4 more seasons at a good rate

Old
05-22-2009, 08:06 AM
ACC1224
Steelers 1 - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takabru View Post
The only reason CBC has Al on is so Milbury has someone to feud with. Otherwise, they could not justify Milbury's rants and stupidity. With Al there they can say they play off each other real well and it is good TV. I know I watch After 40 Minutes just to watch Milbury call Al a dink. That was a classic.
Strachan was on for quite a while before Milbury joined, they weren't brought in together.

He's been right many times but when you report everything you hear, you're going to be wrong more times than not.

I think the disdain for him probably stems more from his weasley demeanour than the actual job he does.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
I don't like Strachan but I do believe Lecavalier will be a King. Though Lecavalier has been "pretty much" traded to every time in the league according to media.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 08:16 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
I think the deal would be built around JJ and the first. But I think the Bolts would turn down Stoll and Frolov becuase Frolov has one year left and then is a UFA looking for a huge pay raise to around 5 to 7 million a year and I don't think the bolts want to get into a bidding war.
JJ and the 1st is a fine deal, but IMO Tampa needs more roster players, in my offer they get 3 roster players and next year's 1st. 4 players total. Yes Frolov will cash in soon, but ~$5.0 million for a player of his caliber isn't such a bad deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vagabond View Post
I like Stoll--but he does not brng the all around game tha Bolts need and like I said--I think the Bolts would rather have Brown then either Stoll or Frolov. Brown is signed for 4 more seasons at a good rate
Of course they would. Doesn't mean he's available though.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 08:23 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Agreed.

To Tampa:
1. Jack Johnson
2. Jarret Stoll
3. Alexander Frolov
4. 2010 1st
I actually agree with you. As much as I want him to the Habs, they don't have as many good young players to offer as the Kings...and the good young players we do have, the Habs will probably not part ways with (Subban, Mcdonagh, Pacioretty). The only issue I have with your trade proposal is that Stoll has a 3.6 million cap hit, Frolov has a 2.9 million dollar cap hit and is a UFA next year, Johnson has a 2.150 million dollar cap hit and RFA this year...so basically you are getting back more in salary then Lecavalier costs but on a much shorter term which could be the deciding factor....But the value is obviously there.

FrankMTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Richter35

JJ
1st
Zus
offensive prospect? (I don't know LA's system too well but nothing top tier)

for

Vinny?

I think adding stoll/frolov is overkill, at 5th overall TB could come out of this draft with hedman and kane, who i think has 1st line C written all over him (as does stamkos). Handzus is like a better Halpern though, so that probably makes the latter redundant, he could go for a pick as well to a team needing a checking line center.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 08:24 AM
habs1988

If Vinny is traded to LA, I predict a big riot in MTL haha!

I mean..Gainey will be ''again'' the guy who prefered to keep his team like that bwcause he thinks he can win.

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 08:56 AM
HabsAtak

Quote:
Agreed.

To Tampa:
1. Jack Johnson
2. Jarret Stoll
3. Alexander Frolov
4. 2010 1st
I think this is close to how the deal would work out. I can then see TB turning Johnson over to another team (maybe the Habs, since they are his favorite team). The I say this is because I doubt Johnson wants to play for TB any more than he does LA. The kid is a head case for some reason. Now I know bringing a head case to the Habs is not ideal but I bet Gainey is willing to take a chance on him. Probably Frolov comes with him to the Habs too. Gainey has tried to get him a couple of times before at least that has been the rumours. Something like Frolov and Johnson to the Habs for Gorges, Plekanecs and Weber.

This gives TB 3 centres, Stankos, Stoll, Plekanecs. That is pretty deep right off. Plus they still have their second pick.

That would be the turnaround I would be looking at if I were TB.

Old
05-22-2009, 08:59 AM
HabsAtak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Strachan was on for quite a while before Milbury joined, they weren't brought in together.

He's been right many times but when you report everything you hear, you're going to be wrong more times than not.

I think the disdain for him probably stems more from his weasley demeanour than the actual job he does.
You are correct that Al has been there for much longer. I do think it is his demeanor that peeps don't like. He has been right some of the time. The only problem I have with him is he tends to start fires then washes his hands of them. I guess a lot of rumor mongers do that though. It just gets to people more with him for some reason.

It is funny to watch him and Milbury though. I suspect one day Milbury is going to clock him, then that will be the end of that.

Old
05-22-2009, 09:07 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
If the Kings are giving up a 1st, it's probably next year.

I'm sure if a deal is being done, knowing Lieweike and Anschutz, they're totally holding it against the Lightning for signing him to an 11-year contract they didn't get to negotiate.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 09:20 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
If Vinny is traded to LA, I predict a big riot in MTL haha!

I mean..Gainey will be ''again'' the guy who prefered to keep his team like that bwcause he thinks he can win.
Or because he doesn't have an offer that can beat LA's.

Or because I would imagine things between Gainey and Lawton aren't exactly at their rosiest.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote