HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

OT: Playoff thoughts

Old
05-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
And down goes the PUKE! Speaking of puke, I'm sure I would've really puked my brains out if I saw that slimey POS hoisting the cup. Honestly, I probably would've puked just all over the place. My carpet, my comforter, my dog, my girlfriend, my fan, and the those cute pictures of the vegetables on my walls, have a lot to thank the Hurricanes for. Now, they just need to take care of the 'Guins. Lord do I hate Crosby, Malkin, Orpik and Kunitz, too. Bill Guerin may be the guy I've hated most in my entire time as a hockey fan, too(Hatcher is a close second). Tough, though, considering how much I like Staal, Goligoski, Letang, and Fleury.
Hell yes!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 02:46 AM
yakko

Quote:
And down goes the PUKE! Speaking of puke, I'm sure I would've really puked my brains out if I saw that slimey POS hoisting the cup. Honestly, I probably would've puked just all over the place. My carpet, my comforter, my dog, my girlfriend, my fan, and the those cute pictures of the vegetables on my walls, have a lot to thank the Hurricanes for. Now, they just need to take care of the 'Guins. Lord do I hate Crosby, Malkin, Orpik and Kunitz, too. Bill Guerin may be the guy I've hated most in my entire time as a hockey fan, too(Hatcher is a close second). Tough, though, considering how much I like Staal, Goligoski, Letang, and Fleury.
The puke? Who is that?

I am going to be pretty torn, but ultimately rooting for the Pens. I was rooting for the 'Canes against the Bs. I really loved rooting for the 'Canes and Irbe during their finals run in 2002 and enjoyed the way they played the game during their cup run. I also really got into NHL hockey in the early 90s watching the Pens turn into a cup team. I have nothing against Crosby or Malkin. I have actually been really impressed with Crosby adding the quick hands around the net to his game all around game.

I have been really impressed with Scuderi. That guy drew Ovechkin, possibly the best offensive player in the NHL, and owned him. Ovechkin may have points, but most of them came with him crossing away from Scuderi's side of the ice to find open space. There's no flash to his game. He just plays his man and takes away his space. That is how you play defense.

I have also been really impressed with Eric Staal. He wills offense.

Really, I am just looking forward to watching that series. What ever team wins I will be rooting for in the next round.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Not only was Wheeler dumped from the active roster the last 3 games, but his replacement (Bitz) totally outplayed the 'big' Puke.

The Flames officially have the 20th pick in the 2009 draft. Personally, I'll gamble and wait until next year. Iginla, Regehr, Kipper aren't getting any younger, and Keenan typically screws things up the longer he's with an organization.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 12:43 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
The Flames officially have the 20th pick in the 2009 draft. Personally, I'll gamble and wait until next year. Iginla, Regehr, Kipper aren't getting any younger, and Keenan typically screws things up the longer he's with an organization.
It's Calgary's choice. Personally, I think they'd be stupid to keep this year's pick. Sure they could finish next year a little better, and they'd have cost themselves a couple of spots. However, if things go badly, they'll have cost themselves quite a few spots. Why risk it? Also, why not hang onto that asset, so they can parlay it into another roster upgrade at the next deadline? Or at least feel more comfortable moving a second or third, knowing they've still got their first.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
That guy drew Ovechkin, possibly the best offensive player in the NHL, and owned him.
All things considered, Scuderi was definitely impressive but owned Ovechkin? Umm...not even close!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 02:43 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
It's Calgary's choice. Personally, I think they'd be stupid to keep this year's pick. Sure they could finish next year a little better, and they'd have cost themselves a couple of spots. However, if things go badly, they'll have cost themselves quite a few spots. Why risk it? Also, why not hang onto that asset, so they can parlay it into another roster upgrade at the next deadline? Or at least feel more comfortable moving a second or third, knowing they've still got their first.
I go by that time-honored principle that a pick this year is worth more than a pick next year. Probably the league you see it most obviously in is the NFL where teams frequently give up a 1st rounder the next season in exchange for a 2nd rounder in the current draft. Of course the NHL draft differs from the NFL's in that the overall quality of the draft class can vary more from year to year.

Running back to the thread topic: it's been a great year for playoff hockey so far. Can't imagine how much the Carolina fans must be enjoying that game 7 OT over Boston on top of the incredible comeback they had against New Jersey in the first round.

mouser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 03:05 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Running back to the thread topic: it's been a great year for playoff hockey so far. Can't imagine how much the Carolina fans must be enjoying that game 7 OT over Boston on top of the incredible comeback they had against New Jersey in the first round.
Oh yeah, it's been awesome. I really enjoyed the Ducks / Wings series as well. I don't really like either team (although I've been quite impressed with the Ducks), but that was one tough battle.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2009, 05:00 PM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
All things considered, Scuderi was definitely impressive but owned Ovechkin? Umm...not even close!
I was really impressed. He had Ovechkin cutting across the ice to the right wing trying to avoid him. Have a look at Ovechkin's goals and see where he is when he scored if Scuderi is on the ice. Scuderi didn't cross ice to cover Ovechkin, but maybe he should have.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 10:38 AM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm 100% behind Carolina. I think a Wings / Hurricanes final would be one tough, long, awesome series. Only 3 teams so far have shown me that "extra stuff" that makes a cup winner: Detroit, Anaheim & Carolina.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

What a TOOL

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 01:30 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

JR calling Chelios the ultimate pro! Haha. Those two deserve each other.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote