HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

So you want to propose a trade w/LA Kings?

Old
05-22-2009, 11:49 PM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

vCash: 500
Kubina for

3rd
Best Goalie Prospect
Pressing guy

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 11:51 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck774 View Post
To LA: rights to Ohlund
Mason Raymond
Van 1st

To Van: Hickey

Keep your 2009 first VAN, there will be better players at that spot than LA's Hickey.

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
1) Your puck-moving defenseman or anyone named Tomas Kaberle

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Joey Moss

Just for fun.

Souray for Frolov?

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Senator View Post
Heatley has a NMC, but just for fun I'm wondering what you guys would offer. Do you see Frolov + 5th overall as fair value? You improve at the LW position.

Or maybe a deal around Spezza?

I doubt any gets traded but I just wanna know what LA would have to offer for them. I had heard some Spezza to LA rumors.
Heatley would be an upgrade so some sort of package could work. However I don't think Ottawa, if trying to work so hard to get rid of Heatley, getting him to waive his NMC for example, would want to have to re-sign Frolov too.

The only way this goes down is if Ottawa decides they want to rebuild and think they can then move Frolov again in another deal for another high 1st rounder in a package, like #3 or #4th overall.

But bottom line is Heatley would be a player LA could make a proposal for if he would come.

As another poster just said, Spezza probably no unless he was at a severe bargain but I'm sure some team out there would offer more than us. He simply isn't the type of player we are trying to build around.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 01:39 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Atlanta isn't going to trade Kovalchuk and Gaborik is going to end up costing more than Lecavalier.
Yeah, we've all been through that already, which is why now everyone is proposing all sorts of other trades not involving ATL or MIN.

- R

Old
05-23-2009, 02:25 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Fail. I'm an Ottawa fan, and a Heatley hater, but even I know he's worth more than that. I'm sure if you guys were serious about aquiring Heatley it would take Johnson, Frolov, 1st for Heatley +
What's the difference between Colten Teubert and Jack Johnson?? I said Teubert because i didn't think Ottawa would be interested in Johnson.. How about this..

To OTT:
Frolov
Teubert
Stoll
LA 1st (MSP, Cowen, Kane, Schenn)

To LA:
Heatley
O'Brien
OTT 1st (Schroeder, Kulikov, Kassian)

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 02:29 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Just for fun.

Souray for Frolov?
Why do people keep thinking we need more defenseman? Why would we trade our top goal scorer for a veteran dman.. Our biggest need is a sniper and we're trading the guy that put up the most goals last season..

Everyone can take Frolov off their list unless it's for Kovalchuk (of course the Kings will give up more)..

How about Cogliano and Schremp for Johnson..

Old
05-23-2009, 02:46 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
What's the difference between Colten Teubert and Jack Johnson?? I said Teubert because i didn't think Ottawa would be interested in Johnson.. How about this..

To OTT:
Frolov
Teubert
Stoll
LA 1st (MSP, Cowen, Kane, Schenn)

To LA:
Heatley
O'Brien
OTT 1st (Schroeder, Kulikov, Kassian)
Frolov = UFA in 1 year
Teubert = Good defensive prospect, but that's not Ottawa's biggest need
Stoll = Doesn't score consistently enough to be considered a top 6 guy
LA 1st = good value

Heatley = Legit superstar
O'Brien = Future Stoll
OTT 1st = 9 and 5 in the draft aren't that far apart value wise

Overall this is a bad deal for Ottawa. It just doesn't fit their needs as much as another deal would.

Something like...

J.Johnson
#5 overall
Moller

for

Heatley

That still doesn't seem to line up properly for Ottawa though. It's tough to gauge Heatley's value because of how highly regarded he is by some front office staff around the league.

Won't happen anyways, since Murray said he won't ask players to waive NTC's, but hypothetically that would be something the Sens would be interested in (more than your package anyways)

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 03:13 AM
phlocky

ere's the thing with the Kings, you are a good 3 years away from your young core players being able to carry your team to the playoffs and probably another 2 away from them being able to carry you deep into the playoffs. My suggestion is to be patient and built with the intend of having everyone peaking for the 2013 season. Honestly, just stay the course. Let you guys develop and add in arund them. Trade your older vets now and get something that can help ou in 3-5 years. I'd rather take the chance of being a GRWAT team than just do quick fixes and be just a good team.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 05:24 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
ere's the thing with the Kings, you are a good 3 years away from your young core players being able to carry your team to the playoffs and probably another 2 away from them being able to carry you deep into the playoffs. My suggestion is to be patient and built with the intend of having everyone peaking for the 2013 season. Honestly, just stay the course. Let you guys develop and add in arund them. Trade your older vets now and get something that can help ou in 3-5 years. I'd rather take the chance of being a GRWAT team than just do quick fixes and be just a good team.
We will try to make the playoffs THIS year. We didn't trade Patrick O'Sullivan for Justin Williams for Williams to help us three years from now nor did sign Hanzus to a deal that would expire in three years just to hang out.

We are one player away from making the playoffs for sure.

We are two players away from being a middle of the pack, second round playoff team.

We are about three and a half players away from contending.

Keep in mind that we don't necessarily have to acquire those players from the outside. The funny thing about young players is you never know when one steps up to be Johan Franzen or RJ Umberger.

We DEFINITELY are not THREE-freakin' years away from even a playoff spot. We do have a lot of players in our system that are three years away, including our #5 pick this year, whomever he winds up being, from contributing to the main club's playoff goals. Do not mistake the two things. ...and this is why all of those types of players, like Hickey, Teubert, Voynov, Loktionov, the #5 overall, Purcell, Boyle, etc. are the ones in my "For Trade" section.

It probably serves your purpose to put the Kings into the "still deep rebuilding mode" because then it would make sense for you to trade the stuff you guys need the least like Briere's anchor of a contract. We already turned him down for those kinds of numbers when he was UFA and your team was willing to give him that kind of money...there's no way we want him now when it's apparent even to Philly that it was a horrible deal. Bottom line is, Philly and LA are only about two years away from each other in development and Philly made the playoffs last year too. So we do not make good trade partners. The trading partners we want are almost similar to those Philly needs as well, except we can take on the contracts without giving them back.

- R

Old
05-23-2009, 06:08 AM
LaLaLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Keep your 2009 first VAN, there will be better players at that spot than LA's Hickey.

get a life

LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 06:17 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck774 View Post
To LA: rights to Ohlund
Mason Raymond
Van 1st

To Van: Hickey
This one's a head-scratcher. Hard to let go of Hickey when he's just beginning to show why Lombardi picked him at the 4 spot. Uhhhhh I guess I do it. The 1st should still be a decent enough player and we could use Raymond's speed. But if Ohlund doesn't sign with LA, I'd be mighty pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
I never say this but this comment leaves me no choice.

FAIL

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 06:26 AM
LaLaLand

We dont want Ohlund... A bag of pucks is more effective

LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Liminality

I think Toronto would be very interested in moving up to the 5th spot in the draft.

How about

To LA
Alexei ponikarovsky (your third line winger that can still score)
Pavel Kubina (probably not the star your looking for but has the experience and can hold his own quite well)
7th overall

To TOR
5th overall
Jeff Zatkoff
Wayne Simmonds
Tom Preissing
LA's 3rd round pick (not sure which picks you still have)

This way LA adds depth and still has a pick in the top 7 where the talent pool hasn't dropped off yet. You add another prospect to build your core and Toronto gets the prospect depth and picks they need. This would be of course if Burke see's someone he wants in the top 5 position and wants to make sure he gets them (MSP, Schenn, Kane or Cowen)

Liminality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

To LA
Sheldon Souray
Robert Nilsson
Ethan Moreau
#10 pick

To EDM
Jonathan Quick
Jack Johnson
Michal Handzus

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 09:29 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Lately there have been a lot of proposals involving LA. And almost all of them proposed by fans of other teams seem to be totally out of sync with what LA would move or would take. So I decided to make a cheat sheet for the other proposers and save everyones' time.

LA is attempting to come out of a rebuild. We are deep in picks, prospects and cap space. We want quality NHL players back that are in their 20s. We also like our talented players to be tough like Kovalchuk who is not a pushover. They don't have to throw down but they should be able to give a body check and take a check too. No hoverers.

Keep in mind that the Kings are young and loaded with talent everywhere but left wing. Even if we stay pat, we stand to improve greatly so we can afford to do no deals in terms of a trade rather than make a bad deal that makes no sense.

Here's what LA needs: (All players in their 20s)

1) First line - Left Wing

2) A dynamic first line scorer (creates plays from little and makes plays, scoring at a point a game or more) that is not a Right Wing (players that can play either wing are acceptable if they are a top 20 wing in this league, from Gagne to Zetterberg to Hossa to Gaborik, like that caliber, not necessarily exactly those players)...and by first line, I don't mean a guy that is on your first line. I mean a guy who would could be on any team's first line.

3) A veteran star two-way defenseman to possibly mentor our young defense corps and the uber amount of D prospects we already have...this player can be in his 30s depending on his caliber

4) Any real upgrade player at any position, especially for prospects/picks back, if that player is in the correct age range.

5) Unloading Tom Preissing's contract

6) This one is my personal opinion but I feel we need a quality 3rd line winger to cause mismatches in the playoffs and play on the Handzus/Simmonds line, again preferrably a LW but a RW will do in a pinch...would like a tough, smart veteran who can score a bit

7) And of course, this being HF boards, we will take your young stud players too like Schenn and Lucic but I doubt anyone's offering

Here's what LA doesn't need:

1) Your puck-moving defenseman or anyone named Tomas Kaberle

2) Your prospects, and even some of the Kings fans are goofing on this, asking for Van Riemsdyk

3) Your first rounder from this year that is a worse pick than our #5 overall...there is an excellent LW player that projects to be available at that pick named Magnus Paajarvi-Svenssen so if what you're offering isn't an upgrade of him at LW or even Center, forget it.

4) We are not one player away from The Cup so we do not need your veteran rentals.

Here's what LA has to offer:

1) Any pick from this year or next

2) Quality prospects at Defense

3) Quality prospects at Center

4) Quality prospects at Goaltending

5) Quality prospects at Right Wing

6) More cap space than God...ok, not really, but more cap space than 90% of the teams out there

7) Possibly Jack Johnson but not as a dump

Here's what LA won't trade: (Obviously everyone is available for a top 5-ish young player in the league such as Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Toews, etc. But I doubt those guys are being rushed to the trading block by their fans. )

1) Anything in their needs, duh...this includes our best LW Alexander Frolov, unless the deal returns an even better NHLer LW or two good NHL LWs that aren't as good as Frolov that fill two roster slots well

2) Dustin Brown - he is our captain and his attitude is the one our team is being built around

3) Drew Doughty - I'm not going to bother explaining this as just about everyone understands this

4) Any quality roster player where we aren't getting a better player at the same position in return that is in the age range mentioned above, or is a significant player that is a bigger need like LW. Quality players not mentioned already include: Handzus, Williams, Kopitar, Quincey, Greene, Simmonds, Stoll, Quick and Ersberg. These players have some value to the current building process and will not be dumped unless for an upgrade.

Thank you and perhaps other Kings fans can chip in and help refine this list as I don't speak for everyone.

Unlike the fans of many other teams on this board, there are no real untouchables, except maybe Brown and Doughty, on this team because this team was only good enough to miss the playoffs and get the #5th overall pick. We have no untouchable prospects despite the quality. So feel free to propose deals but if they don't fill the Kings needs while having the Kings give something that makes sense, well, flame on.

- R
So i take from reading this you guys won't be making any trades in the near future.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 09:40 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
To LA
Sheldon Souray
Robert Nilsson
Ethan Moreau
#10 pick

To EDM
Jonathan Quick
Jack Johnson
Michal Handzus
Quick is our starting goalie, so there's absolutely no way this happens..
You guys are willing to trade your captain?

The only thing that catches my eyes is Robert Nilsson and the 1st rounder.. But like I said, the only deal that would happen between LA & EDM is

To LA:
Andrew Cogliano
Rob Schremp

To EDM:
Jack Johnson

Old
05-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Why do people keep thinking we need more defenseman? Why would we trade our top goal scorer for a veteran dman.. Our biggest need is a sniper and we're trading the guy that put up the most goals last season..

Everyone can take Frolov off their list unless it's for Kovalchuk (of course the Kings will give up more)..

How about Cogliano and Schremp for Johnson..
Well the OP says that LA could use a veteran star defenseman in his 30's that could mentor the young kids in LA, and Souray is the exact type of guy like that so...

No, the Oilers dont do it. We have enough D.

Old
05-23-2009, 11:40 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Phil Kessel and Andrew Ference for Jack Johnson and Wayne Simmonds.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 11:46 AM
LAKings4ever

The guy I would want to go after is LW Alexander Semin, this line would be scoring a lot of goals: Semin / Kopitar / Williams

To WAS:
Jack Johnson
Oscar Moeller
2nd

To LA:
Alexander Semin

We get exactly what we need - a proven scoring LW. Washington loses scoring, but scoring is not an issue for the Cap's...stopping the puck is. Think of a blueline with Green, JJ, and Alznar. Most Kings fans are very high on Moeller, plays wing or center.

LAKings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 11:47 AM
VictoryRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKings4ever View Post
The guy I would want to go after is LW Alexander Semin, this line would be scoring a lot of goals: Semin / Kopitar / Williams

To WAS:
Jack Johnson
Oscar Moeller
2nd

To LA:
Alexander Semin

We get exactly what we need - a proven scoring LW. Washington loses scoring, but scoring is not an issue for the Cap's...stopping the puck is. Think of a blueline with Green, JJ, and Alznar. Most Kings fans are very high on Moeller, plays wing or center.

Second isn;t going to do it, probably first in 10.

Also, SPEZZA IS NOT COMING TO LOS ANGELES.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:

To WAS:
Jack Johnson
Oscar Moeller
2nd

To LA:
Alexander Semin

Semin could have hit 100 points this year if he stayed healthy. You are not going to get him for that package.

Old
05-23-2009, 11:50 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Phil Kessel and Andrew Ference for Jack Johnson and Wayne Simmonds.
How about Jarret Stoll instead of Simmonds and you've got a deal..

Frolov-Kopitar-Williams
Gaborik-Kessel-Brown
Lewis-Handzus-Simmonds
C. Neil-Boyle-Moller

Doughty-Quincey
Greene-Ference
O'Donnell-Drewiske/Hickey

Old
05-23-2009, 11:51 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:

To WAS:
Jack Johnson
Oscar Moeller
2nd

To LA:
Alexander Semin

Won't happen..
Might as well trade for Zherdev