HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

So you want to propose a trade w/LA Kings?

Old
05-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Joey Moss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
How about Jarret Stoll instead of Simmonds and you've got a deal..

Frolov-Kopitar-Williams
Gaborik-Kessel-Brown
Lewis-Handzus-Simmonds
C. Neil-Boyle-Moller

Doughty-Quincey
Greene-Ference
O'Donnell-Drewiske/Hickey
never knew Gaborik or Neil were on the Kings...

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Phil Kessel and Andrew Ference for Jack Johnson and Wayne Simmonds.
Honestly, unless he has to be a part of a package for Kovalchuk, I don't see the Kings trading Simmonds. They like him that much.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 12:15 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

any interest in Lupul? he's 100000x better then Calder

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
6) This one is my personal opinion but I feel we need a quality 3rd line winger to cause mismatches in the playoffs and play on the Handzus/Simmonds line, again preferrably a LW but a RW will do in a pinch...would like a tough, smart veteran who can score a bit
any interest in Wayne Primeau? the guy competes night in and night out, skates very well and can play all 3 forward positions... he is very useful to the Flames but not quite as useful as the 1.4 million left on his contract... the cost to the kings would be minimal thus not really upsetting the rebuild process

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 12:16 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
no thanks

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 12:40 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
How about Jeff Carter?

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Go Habs Go

Why didn't the Kings use their huge cap space last year? With the right signings, they could've turned the team into a playoff team and maybe even go far. What has changed this year that would make them change their mind all of a sudden and go out and spend?

This is not to attack the Kings fans or anything, I just don't know the team's situation.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
How about Jeff Carter?
Kings would have to give up their own untradeables if they ask for Carter I think. Philly would be crazy to trade him now.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Why didn't the Kings use their huge cap space last year? With the right signings, they could've turned the team into a playoff team and maybe even go far. What has changed this year that would make them change their mind all of a sudden and go out and spend?

This is not to attack the Kings fans or anything, I just don't know the team's situation.
Self imposed internal cap by the owners. The large reason Vish was traded to Edmonton.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 01:18 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

Frolov-Kopitar-Williams
Gaborik-Kessel-Brown
Lewis-Handzus-Simmonds
C. Neil-Boyle-Moller

Doughty-Quincey
Greene-Ference
I like Stoll but he makes too much money for the Bruins, and they already have a serious top 3 down the middle.

I love Simmonds. The eastern fans without center ice missed a true power forward in the making IMO. Love the kid.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 01:19 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Honestly, unless he has to be a part of a package for Kovalchuk, I don't see the Kings trading Simmonds. They like him that much.
Agreed. Would be silly of them to deal him, but you never know. He is exactly what the Bruins mantra is all about ....

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Phil Kessel and Andrew Ference for Jack Johnson and Wayne Simmonds.
No. JJ is an RFA and will want more money than he has proven he's worth. The $ savings you get wouldn't be that much. Simmonds is a good 3rd liner, but I don't think he's appreciably (if any) better than Bitz or Sobotka or Marchand.

In the end Kessel is just too good to give up for a still question mark in JJ.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKings4ever View Post
The guy I would want to go after is LW Alexander Semin, this line would be scoring a lot of goals: Semin / Kopitar / Williams

To WAS:
Jack Johnson
Oscar Moeller
2nd

To LA:
Alexander Semin

We get exactly what we need - a proven scoring LW. Washington loses scoring, but scoring is not an issue for the Cap's...stopping the puck is. Think of a blueline with Green, JJ, and Alznar. Most Kings fans are very high on Moeller, plays wing or center.
I see little chance of Caps fans approving this one.

Old
05-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:

Frolov-Kopitar-Williams
Gaborik-Kessel-Brown
Lewis-Handzus-Simmonds
C. Neil-Boyle-Moller

Doughty-Quincey
Greene-Ference
Kessel doesn't play center.

Boston has zero need for Stoll as we have Savard, Krejci and Bergeron as C. This deal does not consider Boston's needs at all.

Also Kessel just had surgery and will miss a month or 2 of the season next year. I imagine any team is going to want to wait and see how he is when he comes back before dealing for him.

Assuming Sturm would be willing to waive his NTC:

To LA: Sturm and Ferrence ($3.5 & 1.4)
To Boston: Preissing & Alec Martinez

LA gets a fast, defensively responsible LW who will score 25-30 goals.

Boston saves some cap room (but not much) and gets a puck moving dman and a prospect who has been passed over in LA's system but might get a chance in Boston.

Last edited by Dr Quincy: 05-23-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old
05-23-2009, 01:41 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post

Boston has zero need for Stoll as we have Savard, Krejci and Bergeron as C. This deal does not consider Boston's needs at all.

Also Kessel just had surgery and will miss a month or 2 of the season next year. I imagine any team is going to want to wait and see how he is when he comes back before dealing for him.

Boston saves some cap room (but not much) and gets a puck moving dman and a prospect who has been passed over in LA's system but might get a chance in Boston.
I would do that deal if I was Lombardi. I know Sturm isn't the sexy name that Kings' fans may be looking for, but he would improve our left side quite a bit.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Mattias

Quote:

Done deal.

Another great post by Dr. Quincy.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 03:02 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
How about Jeff Carter?
sure

if you're willing to give up Doughty or Bernier

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Kingjordan

Quote:
sure

if you're willing to give up Doughty or Bernier
Bernier maybe... but really dont wanna deal him.. Doughty.. not in a million year I think he is a lifetime Kings... Yea I said it.

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 03:46 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:

I noticed that the Bruins don't have that many picks this year... Maybe we can throw in a low round pick thanking you for picking up Preissing...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Ender

Take away Thornton, Setoguchi, Boyle, Murray (Doubt people will clamor for him with his contract now anyways), Vlasic, Ehrhoff and most of our prospects. What might help get the 5th overall from LA to SJ?

Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
any interest in Wayne Primeau? the guy competes night in and night out, skates very well and can play all 3 forward positions... he is very useful to the Flames but not quite as useful as the 1.4 million left on his contract... the cost to the kings would be minimal thus not really upsetting the rebuild process
I was looking for a bigger name than that but an exaxt player escapes me. We already have have guys like that in Derek Armstrong and Kyle Calder we could just re-sign...so on second thought, probably not unless it came with a 2nd rounder and we send you a 3rd or something. But you're probably not interested in that.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I would do that deal if I was Lombardi. I know Sturm isn't the sexy name that Kings' fans may be looking for, but he would improve our left side quite a bit.
We can try to get someone "sexy" as UFA or something too. So Sturm, for the right price, would be just fine. Worse comes to worse, he's on the 2nd PP unit and that third line guy I was talking about. I'm down with this idea as long as we still get another LW above or near Frolov's caliber...especially just in case we can't re-sign him or DL winds up pissed off again and deals him.

- R

Old
05-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
I see little chance of Caps fans approving this one.
Yeah, I'd have to agree. Semin is a 1st line player and would be on the Caps 1st line if it wasn't for AO. He is the Malkin of the LW. But for a player like that, I wouldn't mind parting with the #5 overall. Not sure what the hell the Caps would need with our prospects or picks but maybe it could be a 3-way deal.

A lot of these trades depend on at least a few teams that have stars but decide to rebuild. Calgary, Ottawa, Minnesota, Dallas, New Jersey, Tampa Bay and Atlanta all have pieces we could use and are on the fence about possibly rebuilding. I'm not saying they will or even should rebuild, I'm just saying it could go that way. Colorado and Long Island are already rebuilding but they don't have much that we could use that they also couldn't use for their rebuild.

- R

Old
05-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
To LA
Sheldon Souray
Robert Nilsson
Ethan Moreau
#10 pick

To EDM
Jonathan Quick
Jack Johnson
Michal Handzus

Value, yes. I almost dismissed this trade right off until I realized you weren't asking for our 5th back. I'd like to hammer this trade out a bit:

For LA -
Souray - might be good for our D. We don't really need to get another puck mover though, not sure where he fits in though
Robert Nilsson - yes, could be good for us
Ethan Moreau - not in the age range we need but his character might work well and he's a playoff vet, maybe put him on the line with Handzus, assuming Moreau still has any gas left at 33 years of age
10th overall - at first this pick doesn't appear very useful for us but I can totally see us packaging the pick for a higher pick like 6th overall or packaging the 5th and 10th for someone we want bad like Kovalchuk...kudos for willing to pay for what you want.

From LA
Quick - maybe, I'm not as sold on this guy as we've seen Labarbera and many other young goalies have a degree of success as rookies and then disappear, plus we got Bernier and Ersberg itching for NHL time plus a few other players ready to compete against them for that time while staying in the AHL
Johnson - for Souray, ok sure...I don't consider it equal value but your 1st rounder's there to help
Handzus - no, we need him on our 3rd line, which I consider a critical thing for our future playoff runs...I'd like to sub another player here, maybe Kyle Quincey to replace Souray? He's in the age group that Johnson and Quick are.

From Edmonton -
not sure...since I'm assuming you're an Edmonton guy, I won't say anything here

For Edmonton -
They get a bit younger yet pick up Handzus...not sure where we're going with this...maybe you would like a couple forward prospects that have NHL time under their belt already like Purcell and Boyle?

Redux:
To LA
Sheldon Souray
Robert Nilsson
Ethan Moreau
#10 pick

To EDM
Jonathan Quick
Jack Johnson
Kyle Quincey
Brian Boyle

- R

Old
05-24-2009, 05:52 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I was looking for a bigger name than that but an exaxt player escapes me. We already have have guys like that in Derek Armstrong and Kyle Calder we could just re-sign...so on second thought, probably not unless it came with a 2nd rounder and we send you a 3rd or something. But you're probably not interested in that.

- R
No a chance the Flames would be interested in that, it's far from a large salary and their cap situation is not that dire... if he was just a plug who we wanted to unload maybe but he is an excellent penalty killer and great energy player... I was thinking Primeau for a 4th or something along those lines

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote