HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Min - Van

Old
05-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Laterade

vCash: 500
Min - Van

To VAN:
Carson McMillan
4th round pick 09 MIN

To MIN:
Patrick White
3rd round pick 09 VAN

another proposal.

To VAN:
Cal Clutterbuck

to MIN:
Mason Raymond
4th round pick 09

Deal?

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 05:57 PM
mstad101

imma go on a gut instinct here n say macmillian is a BC boy?
considering white is playing in minny for college right now, i guess itd make sense.

but whats the point in the picks included? is macmillian better that much? wasnt white a first round pick?

and ill keep raymond over clutterbuck. Van has a bunch of AHL grinders that can fill the same role as clutterbuck
without losing raymond to boot.....

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Definitely not the players I would have expected when I first opened this thread. On the first proposal I guess I would say sure why not? While I do not know anything about Pat White, except he's a homegrown boy. I do wonder why you would trade your 2007 first rounder for our 7th rd 2007 pick.

Second proposal? No way in Hades. Clutterbuck is cyclone of energy. He's what we need. Agitator with some actual hockey skill. Plus he is an absolute fan favorite with that style. Not that on paper it isn't a fair deal, but I would hate to "the greatest hockey name playing" be traded. Especially to our rivals. Besides I just got a Clutterbuck jersey.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
but whats the point in the picks included? is macmillian better that much? wasnt white a first round pick?
My thoughts exactly. I'd sooner just keep White from the Canucks POV.

Barney Gumble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 06:48 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

The Wild/their fans, get a first-hand view of how worthless Patrick White is on a collegiate level. Just because he is "homegrown" doesn't make him even more valuable in their eyes. Especially given that they haven't put much of an emphasis on "homegrown" players in their short history.

I think the Wild would rather stick with someone they identified and have been working with over making such an insignificant deal for a player with no hope of reaching the NHL.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterade View Post
To VAN:
Carson McMillan
4th round pick 09 MIN

To MIN:
Patrick White
3rd round pick 09 VAN

another proposal.

To VAN:
Cal Clutterbuck

to MIN:
Mason Raymond
4th round pick 09

Deal?
Why is Minny trading Clutterbuck? I can see Mason's speed being attractive there, but that's not the deal they'd be looking for.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 07:00 PM
The Pucks

In the 1st offer, the 3rd round pick is probably the hightest valued asset right now, Vancouver says no, they might as well ride out thier mistake.

The 2nd, Raymond played well in the playoffs, really stepped up, I think Vancouver would like to see another year of him.

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Laterade

The draft picks were mearely fillers. I didn't know if it was enough so I just threw those in for fun

Thats what I figured with Clutterbuck. This guy is a tireless forchecker.
The reason I want to trade for him is because he would be part of a great checking line in Vancouver
Burrows - Kesler - Clutterbuck

Just for that reason I would even overpay to get him. Because he plays the same style as Burrows and Kesler. With a great checking line that forchecks hard, scores, and plays in all situations. It would benifit more if Raymond be shipped elsewhere because he is not our ideal top six forward for the Canucks and would flurish under a less defensive role. I liked what I saw in Raymond in the playoffs. But Clutterbuck would also fill a role that we need in a Grinding RW, Bernier seems to be a skilled powerforward that should be on the second line. This is all depending if Mats returns. Frankly, I think Wellwood has proven that he can play on the 2nd line with his performance on the PP with Kesler and Sundin in the playoffs and he is not the ideal checking center although his defensive play has been quite good in the playoffs.Trading for clutterbuck would also give us another option on the penalty kill when Burrows goes on the powerplay and can't go into a penalty killing role if we take a penalty just after that. He would look very good with Ryan Johnson as his PK partner. with the emergence of Kesler as a top six forward and Burrows with the same type of breakout campaign, I think our checking line is basically our 2nd line because they go out and play against the top lines on either line.
He's how our lines workout so far.

Sedin? - Sedin? - Bernier
Hodgson! - Wellwood?/Koivu - Demitra/Knuble
Rypien - Johnson - Hordichuck

Maybe is not the toughest group of guys but they are very capable of doing their job well.
Honestly If I could I would trade Demitra for a more reliable 2nd line forward. maybe to Florida for picks?(we always seem to fleece them somehow anyways.)
Then we could sign the likes of Mike Knuble or another big guy that can screen the goalie. Or we can try and sign Saku Koivu who would make a great 2nd line center for us.

I think Raymond is only effective offensively when he plays his natural position at LW but with Hodgson getting closer to actually making the team. there seems to be an abundance of LW for us next year if we keep Raymond, he might not perform as well as we would all like. I'm all for wanting him to succeed. But I don't think he will properly in Vancouver.

I like all of the input in here so far.

Old
05-22-2009, 08:21 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
The draft picks were mearely fillers. I didn't know if it was enough so I just threw those in for fun

Thats what I figured with Clutterbuck. This guy is a tireless forchecker.
The reason I want to trade for him is because he would be part of a great checking line in Vancouver

Just for that reason I would even overpay to get him. Because he plays the same style as Burrows and Kesler. With a great checking line that forchecks hard, scores, and plays in all situations. It would benifit more if Raymond be shipped elsewhere because he is not our ideal top six forward for the Canucks and would flurish under a less defensive role. I liked what I saw in Raymond in the playoffs. But Clutterbuck would also fill a role that we need in a Grinding RW, Bernier seems to be a skilled powerforward that should be on the second line. This is all depending if Mats returns. Frankly, I think Wellwood has proven that he can play on the 2nd line with his performance on the PP with Kesler and Sundin in the playoffs and he is not the ideal checking center although his defensive play has been quite good in the playoffs.Trading for clutterbuck would also give us another option on the penalty kill when Burrows goes on the powerplay and can't go into a penalty killing role if we take a penalty just after that. He would look very good with Ryan Johnson as his PK partner. with the emergence of Kesler as a top six forward and Burrows with the same type of breakout campaign, I think our checking line is basically our 2nd line because they go out and play against the top lines on either line.
He's how our lines workout so far.

Sedin? - Sedin? - Bernier
Hodgson! - Wellwood?/Koivu - Demitra/Knuble
Rypien - Johnson - Hordichuck

Maybe is not the toughest group of guys but they are very capable of doing their job well.
Honestly If I could I would trade Demitra for a more reliable 2nd line forward. maybe to Florida for picks?(we always seem to fleece them somehow anyways.)
Then we could sign the likes of Mike Knuble or another big guy that can screen the goalie. Or we can try and sign Saku Koivu who would make a great 2nd line center for us.

I think Raymond is only effective offensively when he plays his natural position at LW but with Hodgson getting closer to actually making the team. there seems to be an abundance of LW for us next year if we keep Raymond, he might not perform as well as we would all like. I'm all for wanting him to succeed. But I don't think he will properly in Vancouver.

I like all of the input in here so far.
I dont see Hodgson playing to much LW in his future.

Raymond added a nice defensive game to his arsenal in the playoffs, he has become a very good pk guy, no longer is he viewed as a one dimensional guy.

I really dont see Kesler and Burrows playing to much 3rd line next season, they both flurished in their new roles. If the Sedins are resigned, Burrows will be given every chance to rekindle his play with them.

Another factor, salary cap, how do you sign Knuble, Koivu, the Sedins and still need atleast one dman?

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Laterade

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
The Wild/their fans, get a first-hand view of how worthless Patrick White is on a collegiate level. Just because he is "homegrown" doesn't make him even more valuable in their eyes. Especially given that they haven't put much of an emphasis on "homegrown" players in their short history.

I think the Wild would rather stick with someone they identified and have been working with over making such an insignificant deal for a player with no hope of reaching the NHL.
That trade was just asset for an asset. It wasn't really made based on where Patrick White is from. Although it might enitce the Wild more. It would likely have no effect becauseas you said, he's pretty useless at a collegiate level. I just feel if he was traded to the wild somehow, it would make him work harder to be a better hockey player and try to make his most likely favorite team before he was drafted. This trade was to benifit Patrick White somehow. Maybe he would be better appreciated in a organization that would be familiar with him. Plus it would be easier for Patrick White to attend training camps and such without traveling very far or losing his eligibility.
I wouldn't know why the Wild would not think about it.

I also like McMillan because he's from Manitoba and he's the kind of RW prospect that we need.
Unless McMillan is the type of prospect that you can't trade, I dont see why not.

Old
05-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Laterade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
I dont see Hodgson playing to much LW in his future.

Raymond added a nice defensive game to his arsenal in the playoffs, he has become a very good pk guy, no longer is he viewed as a one dimensional guy.

I really dont see Kesler and Burrows playing to much 3rd line next season, they both flurished in their new roles. If the Sedins are resigned, Burrows will be given every chance to rekindle his play with them.

Another factor, salary cap, how do you sign Knuble, Koivu, the Sedins and still need atleast one dman?
I didn't say sign all of them.

Old
05-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

clutterbuck is becoming a fan favourite, so he wont be traded short of overpayment....this is not overpayment

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Laterade

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jersey Devils View Post
clutterbuck is becoming a fan favourite, so he wont be traded short of overpayment....this is not overpayment
really.
ok, heres an over payment then

to MIN:
Jannik Hansen
3rd round pick 09
Mason Raymond
Taylor Ellington

To MIN:
Cal Clutterbuck
Clayton Stoner
add whatever pick is fair.
there you go.

Old
05-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Quote:
really.
ok, heres an over payment then

to MIN:
Jannik Hansen
3rd round pick 09
Mason Raymond
Taylor Ellington

To MIN:
Cal Clutterbuck
Clayton Stoner
add whatever pick is fair.
there you go.
Wow you are really high on Clutterbuck aren't you? The only '09 pick we could realistically offer is one of our 4ths(we have three I think), as we don't have a 2nd or 3rd this year. A 4th and/or exclusive negotiation rights to Groinorik acceptable in you in this overpayment scenario? I'd jump on that, but I think that would be the last transaction Gillis would make as Vancouver GM.

PS- Even though your latest proposal is beyond fair, I'd still hate to see Clutterbuck leave. Although that is just pure unabashed homerism on my part.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 03:36 PM
mstad101

how bout hansen and a conditional 2nd in 10 for gabbys rights and a conditional 3rd n 4th

Conditions are games played for us. goals scored and playoff performance.

the picks go down from your side the more games n goals n vice verca

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Minnesota isn't trading Clutterbuck.
Nobody wants Patrick White.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote