HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zanon, Preds not close on contract talks

Old
05-24-2009, 09:33 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
And he will be healed by camp, to me its a non-issue.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 02:19 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
And he will be healed by camp, to me its a non-issue.
That wasn't my point. My point was that his dislocated shoulder kept him from playing the top four minutes he "deserved."

I thought Klein should have been playing those minutes, because he played fairly well for much of the season. He did play like ass in the last game of the season, but he's still a more complete defenseman than Zanon, plus he can actually skate. Of course, there's no real point in debating in hindsight. We have plenty of targets in free agency, as well as Klein, Sulzer and possibly Blum to vie for that #4 slot. I think the best option, if we can afford it, is to sign Johnny Oduya.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 05-24-2009 at 02:27 PM.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 05:45 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
That wasn't my point. My point was that his dislocated shoulder kept him from playing the top four minutes he "deserved."

I thought Klein should have been playing those minutes, because he played fairly well for much of the season. He did play like ass in the last game of the season, but he's still a more complete defenseman than Zanon, plus he can actually skate. Of course, there's no real point in debating in hindsight. We have plenty of targets in free agency, as well as Klein, Sulzer and possibly Blum to vie for that #4 slot. I think the best option, if we can afford it, is to sign Johnny Oduya.
Oh, do ya?

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 05:53 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Oh, do ya?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 06:46 PM
JacklegJack

Quote:
I'm more concerned about that monkey wrench lodged in his rib cage.

But in all seriousness, Zanon isn't going to be a significant game changer for the Preds; I'd rather see him walk and leave an open slot on the roster for one of the D prospects to get some NHL ice time and speed up the transition time from the AHL. The only downside, of course, as we saw in the Ads' playoff series, games can single handedly be lost because of young D ineptitude, and when we're missing the playoffs by only a couple of victories that might not be a risk worth taking. I still can't help but feel that it would be much more benficial in the long run to give our young guys the ice time rather than finding a temp veteran D presence.

Last edited by JacklegJack: 05-25-2009 at 06:57 PM.
JacklegJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 10:32 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
When the rules commitee changes things so that you have to stay on your feet to block shots [book it, this will happen sooner than later], Zanon's game will be lost.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 10:40 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
I thought Klein should have been playing those minutes,
I guess fangs question made me realize that maybe it was knee jerk of me to complain a lot this year when Zanon was out there. But I did it anyway. Shot blocking is great and all, but I am one who really thinks Klein's a pretty good player. He needed ice time to improve. Needs to make mistakes and still be allowed to play. I didn't think it should be Devries. But Klein's a good player. I guess I don't know enough about defense to understand why he gets bagged here somewaht frequently, and seemingly by Trotz.

I don't see Zanon as a top four defensemen. But if he came in at 2 mil, max, for a year or two, he'd be a valuable part of the team in his role. If he walks, well, we have Sulzer and Klein. And I don't like a longer term deal because of guys like Franzon, Blum, in a couple years Josi, who will all need a play to play.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 05-26-2009 at 10:53 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote