HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Daniel Briere or Joffrey Lupul + top prospect for Carey Price and rights to Komisarek

Old
05-24-2009, 02:56 PM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
It's the fans more than the media. Neither can really run someone out of town, because the team is Snider's fiefdom, but they can sure make their opinions heard, and make playing in town miserable for someone.
yeah but i dont agree with it when it comes to hockey. it isnt talked about as much, the fans dont really have an opinion that gets heard if you know what i mean. players on th eflyers have a much more loverfest relationship with the fans than other sports for whatever reason.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 03:00 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
yeah but i dont agree with it when it comes to hockey. it isnt talked about as much, the fans dont really have an opinion that gets heard if you know what i mean. players on th eflyers have a much more loverfest relationship with the fans than other sports for whatever reason.
Lindros didn't have that. Nor did Therien or Cechmanek. It's not as bad as football or baseball, but do you really think that Carey Price wouldn't hear it if he let up a couple of soft goals in a playoff game to the Pens or Rangers, especially if people are hyping him up as the first elite goaltender the Flyers have had since Hextall/Lindbergh? If Price's ego is fragile at all, it could affect him.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 03:11 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 552
The Flyers need Cole Hamel's brother or something to be the goalie. That's the kind of attitude they need in a goalie. Someone who is completely unflappable in the face of pressure or criticism. It's almost like he's immune to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
I wouldn't go that far.
You're right. It depends how good the Phillies are.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 03:13 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Poutine is better than a cheesesteak.
I'm going to have to disagree. Besides, better representatives would be John's roast pork with sharp provolone and broccoli rabe from Philly vs. Schwartz's smoked meat from Montreal.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote