HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia-Dallas

Old
05-24-2009, 01:51 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Philadelphia-Dallas

To Philadelphia-Stephane Robidas

To Dallas-Joffrey Lupul

Why Phildelphia does it-They need a player like Robidas. A veteran who hits, blocks shots, and can log minutes. He was put in a role where he had to play a whole lot in Dallas, and I think he would play better in Philadelphia where he wouldn't be depended upon so much. And the ever-popular cap relief.

Why Dallas does it-From what I can see, Dallas doesn't have much when it comes to RW. Under contract they have Krys Barch, and that's it. Lupul would play well with either of Ribeiro or Richards because they are both pass first guys, and Lupul is a shoot-first guy.

or

To Dallas-Andreas Nodl, 6th 09

Why Philadelphia does it-Same reasons

Why Dallas does it-They need offensive prospects, and Nodl is a solid offensive prospect. He looked good when he was with the team this season. And they get a pick.

*-I gauge these values from the Value of Stephane Robidas thread saying they should be happy to get a 2nd round pick for him. I project Lupul's value to be around a 2nd, and Nodl is a former 2nd.

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post

To Dallas-Joffrey Lupul

Why Phildelphia does it-They need a player like Robidas. A veteran who hits, blocks shots, and can log minutes. He was put in a role where he had to play a whole lot in Dallas, and I think he would play better in Philadelphia where he wouldn't be depended upon so much. And the ever-popular cap relief.

Why Dallas does it-From what I can see, Dallas doesn't have much when it comes to RW. Under contract they have Krys Barch, and that's it. Lupul would play well with either of Ribeiro or Richards because they are both pass first guys, and Lupul is a shoot-first guy.

or

To Dallas-Andreas Nodl, 6th 09

Why Philadelphia does it-Same reasons

Why Dallas does it-They need offensive prospects, and Nodl is a solid offensive prospect. He looked good when he was with the team this season. And they get a pick.

*-I gauge these values from the Value of Stephane Robidas thread saying they should be happy to get a 2nd round pick for him. I project Lupul's value to be around a 2nd, and Nodl is a former 2nd.
I'd take that deal. Even though other Stars fans dislike the significant difference in cap hits. I can look past that because Lupul is a right-hand shot would fit perfectly with Ribeiro and Morrow.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Tazer View Post
I'd take that deal. Even though other Stars fans dislike the significant difference in cap hits. I can look past that because Lupul is a right-hand shot would fit perfectly with Ribeiro and Morrow.
I agree with this completely, he (Lupul) would look great on that line. Ribeiro to set him up, and Morrow to clear space and make up for Lupul's lack of D. Lupul could get 70 pts with a line like that

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Boondock

I think philly would do this too, clear almost 3 mil of cap space, and add that tough, veteran defensive presence that they lacked last year

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Shaggs112

i could see this deal happening makes sense for both sides..

Shaggs112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 250
Solid deal, I like it from a Stars pov.

05-24-2009, 02:46 PM
FLYERSFAN18

This would be a great deal for both teams. Each gets a solid player to the desperately need to fill a hole on their roster. The only concern I would have is if dallas would want to take on that contract, since i dont know their cap situation.

FLYERSFAN18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 02:47 PM
AK

Lupul for Robidas could work, but the Nodl deal is terrible for the Stars.

He had one goal and was a -15 before the Flyers decided they didn't want him for the playoffs. He's nothing more than a fourth liner in the NHL.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 02:50 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post

He had one goal and was a -15 before the Flyers decided they didn't want him for the playoffs. He's nothing more than a fourth liner in the NHL.

I agree. The stars know what lupul brings, but no one knows how good nodl will be. He didnt play all that well with the flyers when he got his chance IMO.

FLYERSFAN18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I agree. The stars know what lupul brings, but no one knows how good nodl will be. He didnt play all that well with the flyers when he got his chance IMO.
Now that's using your Nodl.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 03:06 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

I don't know, Robidas seems to be too important of a player for Dallas. He was an All-Star last year. The Flyers and Stars don't make good trading partners, they're looking for the same things. Dallas doesn't need another scorer, let alone one who is signed for another 4 years.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 03:15 PM
re5piration
'67 til

First deal seems pretty solid...as for the second deal, I don't know much about Nodl. Any projections? Comparisons?

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
I would like to see the first deal happen for sure.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 03:25 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post

that is a bad deal the nodl one as of today. however after 20 games or so you make the conclusion he is a 4th line player? did you even watch him play by chance. this was his first year of pro hocky.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
The opportunity cost of trading Lupul might be somewhat high. If another team with a target goalie were interested in him, only to have us trade him, that would sting a little.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 03:58 PM
ScubaSteve*

Yes, do it. Right now. If the Stars can trick somebody into thinking that Robidas is a top 4 defenseman, then do it.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 04:04 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
The opportunity cost of trading Lupul might be somewhat high. If another team with a target goalie were interested in him, only to have us trade him, that would sting a little.
Other than going after a young goalie, who hasn't proven to be a legitimate starting keeper, the only other kind of goalie the Flyers would go after in a trade would be a big name target (Luongo, Kiprusoff, Giguere). And I doubt Lupul would be the centerpiece going the other way in a trade like that. Honestly, Biron is a solid goalie. He is not the main reason why the Flyers were excused in the first round. Robidas is a solid defender and is just what the Flyers need to solidify their d-corps. I'll take the cap-relief and re-sign Biron over selling the house for a goalie. Solid?

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Robidas is a solid defender and is just what the Flyers need to solidify their d-corps. I'll take the cap-relief and re-sign Biron over selling the house for a goalie. Solid?
Trading Lupul (a forward, a poisiton of depth for the Flyers) for a solid young starter-in waiting (I'm thinking Harding), provides some cap relief, and possibly a solution in net past the next year or two. The cap savings could be used to sign Biron for the next two years. There is always the possibility Biron will get his 5 million elsewhere though. Worst case scenario if we got Harding, we could resign Niitty and hopefully have them split 50/50 to start. I think Harding is ready to be a league-average starting goalie right now, with the potential for much more.

The Flyers defense is not in need of huge reworking IMO. Letting Jones sit his contract out and having his hip heal is addition by subrtraction. With Lupul gone, and Kunble allowed to walk, plus the possibility of a fairly inexpensive goalie tandem, free agency becomes a realistic avenue to acquire a steady, veteran hand for the defensive corp.

Old
05-24-2009, 04:54 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Trading Lupul (a forward, a poisiton of depth for the Flyers) for a solid young starter-in waiting (I'm thinking Harding), provides some cap relief, and possibly a solution in net past the next year or two. The cap savings could be used to sign Biron for the next two years. There is always the possibility Biron will get his 5 million elsewhere though. Worst case scenario if we got Harding, we could resign Niitty and hopefully have them split 50/50 to start. I think Harding is ready to be a league-average starting goalie right now, with the potential for much more.

The Flyers defense is not in need of huge reworking IMO. Letting Jones sit his contract out and having his hip heal is addition by subrtraction. With Lupul gone, and Kunble allowed to walk, plus the possibility of a fairly inexpensive goalie tandem, free agency becomes a realistic avenue to acquire a steady, veteran hand for the defensive corp.
Why is everyone sold on Harding? Minnesota has chosen Backstrom over him it seems which might be telling. The Flyers don't need another question mark in goal. Biron has shown he can play in the playoffs. Trade Lupul for defensive help and resign Marty for hopefully around 4. I feel like he likes playing in Philly and would sign for cheaper to stay with the team.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 05:01 PM
mercury

Quote:
Why is everyone sold on Harding? Minnesota has chosen Backstrom over him it seems which might be telling. The Flyers don't need another question mark in goal. Biron has shown he can play in the playoffs. Trade Lupul for defensive help and resign Marty for hopefully around 4. I feel like he likes playing in Philly and would sign for cheaper to stay with the team.
Harding has had outstanding numbers in both the WHL and AHL, and he's looked pretty good in the 58 games he's played in the NHL. In the AHL, his career averages are .924 Save % and 2.38 GAA. In the NHL, they are .920 and 2.49. Clearly, we'd need to sign a veteran 1B-type of guy instead of a straight backup, but I am pretty confident in this kid. It's not his fault he's behind a Top 5 goalie in the world. Also, Wild fans seem to be amenable to a Lupul and maybe mid-round pick for Harding deal, rather than risk losing him for a 2nd round pick. As an RFA, he should get a $2.6 million offer sheet, and I can't see them spending $2.6 million on a guy who will start 15 games for them next season. We could shed over $1.5 million in cap space on that deal without giving up any major firepower at forward. Also, Harding AND the other goalie would probably be equal to or about half a million more than what Biron would probably get on the open market. We could use a 3rd line center and a 2nd pairing defensive defenseman, as well.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 05:42 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post

To Dallas-Joffrey Lupul
get Homer on the phone now!

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 08:26 PM
captainpaxil

id do something with nodl but i think lupul is too much to give up for robidas

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Why is everyone sold on Harding?
Because of all the goalies we have talked about on these boards, he offers the best combination of youth, potential to develop into a game breaking goalie, and having proven himself. He has had success everywhere he has gone. The kid reeks of being a winner. It is something of an unusual circumstance that he would be attainable for what he seems to be IMO.

Is there a reason you doubt Harding, or think he is not one of the better gambles a team could take in net this offseason? Note I said gambles, there are sure-thing goalies available that are likely mroe expensive, with out Harding's upside.

EDIT: Sorry Billy -shoe, for the hijack.

Bacl on topic, does trading Robidas for Lupul represent the beginning of a rebuild for Dallas?

Old
05-25-2009, 06:00 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
id do something with nodl but i think lupul is too much to give up for robidas
you think we're going to get something of value for Lupul?

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 06:45 AM
ck26
7,709 miles & runnin

vCash: 297
If Dallas wants to be a Cup contender we need to be healthy.

Does trading Robidas for Lupul ensure that Morrow, Richards, Ott, Brunnstrom, Zubov and Lehtinen will be fully-fit next season?

Let me know guys ... if so, let's get this done ASAP.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote