HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Two Questions

Old
05-24-2009, 10:14 PM
baxterbarton

vCash: 500
Two Questions

What is "pro stock" and what is an "offer sheet"?

Thanks.

baxterbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxterbarton View Post

Thanks.
I'm assuming that pro-stock stuff is made from the good stuff set aside for the pros. I say this seriously because I know not what it is exactly. I am wondering as well because I have some prostock composite blade stuff i got from a guy i know who owns a pro shop. he sold me the blades for $15 just to get rid of them as they were used in shafts in a display in the store and he cannot sell them new any longer because of it.

The blades I have are made in canada and are RBK blades which I thought was odd. I didn't think there were much stuff being made in Canada or the US, figured it was all China and Vietnam, Korea etc. My RBK elbow pads are made in Vietnam and are obviously not prostock.

Anyhew I'll sit back and see what this thread gets for responses as well to see what pro-stock really is.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

yea pro stock is stuff meant for pros and have a customized curve for them. they dont come with a warranty thats why they are cheap.

an offer sheet is a contract sent to an RFA on another team to try and sign them. the team that the player is on can either match him to that contract or let him go to the team that sent the offer sheet and get a league approve compensation

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 11:59 PM
baxterbarton

Ok I see these three blades offered on almost all nike sticks. What would a forsberg in a chart like this, and what are these three blades like the most? Not sure this makes sense but thanks.

Hockey Blade Pattern Chart - Nike Bauer
Player/Pattern Curve Type Curve Depth Face Angle Lie Toe Shape Blade Length
P88 Mid Moderate Open 6 Round Medium
P92 Mid-Toe Slight Open 6 Round Medium
PM9 Mid-Heel Moderate Open 5 Round Medium

Old
05-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Ok I see these three blades offered on almost all nike sticks. What would a forsberg in a chart like this, and what are these three blades like the most? Not sure this makes sense but thanks.

Hockey Blade Pattern Chart - Nike Bauer
Player/Pattern Curve Type Curve Depth Face Angle Lie Toe Shape Blade Length
P88 Mid Moderate Open 6 Round Medium
P92 Mid-Toe Slight Open 6 Round Medium
PM9 Mid-Heel Moderate Open 5 Round Medium
the p88 is a lindros
the p92 is a naslund
the pm9 is a malkin

the forsberg is like this

3/8" - 9mm Mid Heel Round 5

the malkin is probably most like it

Old
05-26-2009, 12:37 AM
baxterbarton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
the p88 is a lindros
the p92 is a naslund
the pm9 is a malkin

the forsberg is like this

3/8" - 9mm Mid Heel Round 5

the malkin is probably most like it
Thank you very much.

Old
05-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
yea pro stock is stuff meant for pros and have a customized curve for them. they dont come with a warranty thats why they are cheap.

an offer sheet is a contract sent to an RFA on another team to try and sign them. the team that the player is on can either match him to that contract or let him go to the team that sent the offer sheet and get a league approve compensation
This website has a graph of the Reebok pro stock blades, the blades I got sell for $69.99 new each. I have 2 and paid $15 because the guy is my friend and they are "used" because they were used in a store display but never on the ice.

They are noticably better than other composite blades I have here with respect to feel and weight. I have the IG-17 pattern listed here and assume it is an Iginla pattern (?)

I would LOVE to find someone who has these for sale so I could buy some more. eBay has not been fruitful and neither has any website I have seen online. I guess they are hard to find apparently.

I saw two on sale on eBay and that is it but they are righties and not my curve anyway. BUT the RBK one on the bottom is EXACTLY the same as the two I bought from my friend. They are "Made in Canada" inked on them under the RBK logo

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-pro-stock-patterns.html

Old
05-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
This website has a graph of the Reebok pro stock blades, the blades I got sell for $69.99 new each. I have 2 and paid $15 because the guy is my friend and they are "used" because they were used in a store display but never on the ice.

They are noticably better than other composite blades I have here with respect to feel and weight. I have the IG-17 pattern listed here and assume it is an Iginla pattern (?)

I would LOVE to find someone who has these for sale so I could buy some more. eBay has not been fruitful and neither has any website I have seen online. I guess they are hard to find apparently.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-pro-stock-patterns.html
i dont think that is an iginla, it might be his pro model, but the retail one is different. i have a stealth with an iginla curve. its a short blade with a closed face.

i woulndt pay that much for a pro stock blade. you can get a retail one cheaper with a warranty

Old
05-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
i dont think that is an iginla, it might be his pro model, but the retail one is different. i have a stealth with an iginla curve. its a short blade with a closed face.

i woulndt pay that much for a pro stock blade. you can get a retail one cheaper with a warranty
Are there ANY good websites that compare weight and feel between pro stock and off the shelf retail blades?

I ask because these are noticably different in feel than the other retail blades I have which are one Bauer One90 blade and 3 Easton ST (Synergy) blades.

I switched to composites in December and am relatively new to the stuff, I used wood until then which I have banished to the closet as they are inferior in almost every way to composite blades.

As for an Iginla pattern this is not the same as the retail pattern as you've said. It looks not as deep a curve and the blade is angled at the heel further back than most blades are.

This is the photo from the page I posted above for the IG-17 pattern.

Old
05-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Are there ANY good websites that compare weight and feel between pro stock and off the shelf retail blades?

I ask because these are noticably different in feel than the other retail blades I have which are one Bauer One90 blade and 3 Easton ST (Synergy) blades.

I switched to composites in December and am relatively new to the stuff, I used wood until then which I have banished to the closet as they are inferior in almost every way to composite blades.

As for an Iginla pattern this is not the same as the retail pattern as you've said. It looks not as deep a curve and the blade is angled at the heel further back than most blades are.

This is the photo from the page I posted above for the IG-17 pattern.

weight should probably be about the same. as far as feel, hockeymonkey has videos where they show you all the blades and i think they have a chart, which i cant find, that compares the pro stock blades to retails.

here is the videos for warriors patterns

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/warrior-blades-video.html

Old
05-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
weight should probably be about the same. as far as feel, hockeymonkey has videos where they show you all the blades and i think they have a chart, which i cant find, that compares the pro stock blades to retails.

here is the videos for warriors patterns

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/warrior-blades-video.html
Thanks for the video link .... I liked the Vasicek pattern. Is it difficult to find Warrior pro stock blades?

Old
05-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Thanks for the video link .... I liked the Vasicek pattern. Is it difficult to find Warrior pro stock blades?
it seems lke you kind of just have to get lucky with pro stocks. i wpuld just keep checking back and seeing which ones are avvailable.

one thing to note is that the link i posted is for the dolomite blade which is tapered

Old
05-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
it seems lke you kind of just have to get lucky with pro stocks. i wpuld just keep checking back and seeing which ones are avvailable.

one thing to note is that the link i posted is for the dolomite blade which is tapered
Thanks for the tips seriously, I will be getting a tapered shaft at some point which may be a Harrow that my friend's pro shop sells. He has a steady assortment of blades and will make sure he orders what I ask him to for me. Maybe Harrow has pro stock stuff I can get.

I usually use a few things to decide what I buy. Availability, cost, durability and performance.

I really have been tempted to try out Warrior products from everything I have read in here I literally have not seen ANY complaints. The trouble I have is I have never seen any Warrior sticks in ANY stores here that I am aware of to even hold one in hand to feel one. No replacement blades either .... yep I'm in Maine and stuff takes longer to get here since we are in the northeastern most part of the US's shipping chain. Come to think of it I do not recall seeing another player around here using a Warrior stick.

I think the internet will be the thing for me as I hate driving to 4 stores to find ONE thing.

Old
05-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Thanks for the tips seriously, I will be getting a tapered shaft at some point which may be a Harrow that my friend's pro shop sells. He has a steady assortment of blades and will make sure he orders what I ask him to for me. Maybe Harrow has pro stock stuff I can get.

I usually use a few things to decide what I buy. Availability, cost, durability and performance.

I really have been tempted to try out Warrior products from everything I have read in here I literally have not seen ANY complaints. The trouble I have is I have never seen any Warrior sticks in ANY stores here that I am aware of to even hold one in hand to feel one. No replacement blades either .... yep I'm in Maine and stuff takes longer to get here since we are in the northeastern most part of the US's shipping chain. Come to think of it I do not recall seeing another player around here using a Warrior stick.

I think the internet will be the thing for me as I hate driving to 4 stores to find ONE thing.
yea i dont see alot of new warrior stuff around me either. i see some used stuff, but nothing new really.

i love warrior. i really only use warrior and easton sticks. i have a dolomite ops and a two piece ak27, i use the ak more than the dolo. the dolomite is a pro stock and i really dont like teh pattern.

i also use an 85 easton z-bubble with a sakic s15 blade. the z-bubble is the s15 shaft, re-wrapped. awesome stick.

imo, easton and warrior make the best sticks, overall. n/b bauer is a close 3rd

Old
05-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Dr Turk

Quote:

Thanks.
An offer sheet is offered to players when they are restricted free agents. Other teams basically throw money at a player, and the players team can either match it or let him go to the other team. if he goes to the other team, depending on the size($ amount) of the offer sheet the team sends back picks to the team the RFA was on.

I think thats the general gist of it, maybe somebody else can explain it better.

Dr Turk is offline   Reply With Quote