HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

The Tyler Myers Progression Thread

Old
05-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed View Post
They've benefited from the format. Their wins have come against tired teams that played the night before. Tonight the shoe will be on the other foot when they face Drummondville.
Yeah, but the reports are that the Volts are all banged up. Should be an interesting game none the less.

05-24-2009, 03:52 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
bad start for the Rockets...Guggenberger 3 goals on 3 shots - down 3-0

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 05:18 PM
HarriSateri

Good news is Myers is the best player on the ice. Too bad the rest of the team fell apart around him.

HarriSateri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Lard_Lad

All in all, Myers had an average tournament. He's capable of much better than he showed in the last couple of games, but at least this time around he didn't try to do too much himself when his team was down. Good sign that he's got some mental discipline.

Now, I don't suppose we could persuade you guys that another year in Kelowna would bring just as much progress as this one did?

Lard_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Tachycineta

1 week off for myers then back to the weight room so he can pack on 10 more pounds.

2010 bandwagon jumper- Go Habs and Bruins!
Tachycineta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 07:44 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
10 pounds should be an easy enough thing once McKinney gets ahold of him. The Prospect Camp will be fun - now that their stable of D are mostly all signed.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 08:52 AM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Watched the 2nd half of the Rockets-Spitfires game yesterday. First time I'd seen Myers play. I also picked Benn out easily without knowing his number. He was easily the most fluid Rocket forward. I saw a bit of the Thursday tiebreak game, but not enough to form an opinion of Windsor. The final was all Windsor; they just had so much more jump in them. It was 3-1 when I started watching, and maybe Windsor had changed to more of a defensive style, but I saw no offense from Kelowna. Ineffective dump-ins, no forecheck, not a lot of cohesion trying to gain the zone, etc.

I didn't think Myers was anything special in the 30 minutes I watched. On a couple Rocket PPs, he wasn't skating that fast to retrieve the puck after Windsor clears.

From what little I've read, Windsor really came on late in the tourney, and if their play yesterday was any indication of how they played their semifinal and tie-break games, then the definitely deserved the Coupe Memorial.

Hopefully Myers spends the summer resting, eating, and lifting.

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote