HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers to pursue Knuble?

Old
05-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Claude Giroux

vCash: 500
They would.

Claude Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Just sign Knuble with a low base salary and higher incentives ( I believe they don't count against the cap).
The incentives do count at some point. They can just roll them over to next year's cap. The problem is next year's cap is supposed to go down so it would be stupid to do that.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 01:05 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Dont think it would be "wierd", he did play there before for a season and a half. The Bruins actually got him from the Rangers for Rob DiMaio. That said I wouldnt be crazy about it if he went there, but I would not hold it against him. He's always been a class act all the way here and played pretty well for the most part here.
Stupid Lupul contract.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Mike Richards 18

trade the rights of Knuble Cote for the rights to Betts and Orr!!

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 05:04 PM
XS Chop

An uglier thought keeps running through my mind. I know the Pens will be in their own version of cap hell this summer but with as many UFA's as they have possibly leaving what chance might they have of picking up Knuble? The thought of Malkin or Crosby with a speedy winger on the left and Knuble planted in front of the net disturbs me.

XS Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 05:29 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XS Chop View Post
An uglier thought keeps running through my mind. I know the Pens will be in their own version of cap hell this summer but with as many UFA's as they have possibly leaving what chance might they have of picking up Knuble? The thought of Malkin or Crosby with a speedy winger on the left and Knuble planted in front of the net disturbs me.
Man, I hope we sign Knuble before the Rags or Pens do. I would HATE to see him on either team.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 05:35 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Man, I hope we sign Knuble before the Rags or Pens do. I would HATE to see him on either team.
Cover your eyes then....

I wouldn't mind Knuble back with us, but only on a good contract. We could certainly use some short contracts with 30 goal potential.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Cleary84

I love Mike but his recent playoff performance was disappointing. I'm not saying I want him off the team but they should be careful he may not have many good years left in him.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2009, 06:01 PM
flyboys15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers84 View Post
I love Mike but his recent playoff performance was disappointing. I'm not saying I want him off the team but they should be careful he may not have many good years left in him.
I was bummed as well with how little he showed up these past playoffs. I think ultimately, Noobs has the ball in his court. If he wants money he'll likely find it elsewhere. If he wants to stay with this group I think Homer will be able to work him in.

I would personally be a little more comfortable letting him go if I saw others, mainly Hartnell, assuming Knuble's role on the power play and in front of the net a bit better then they have at this point. We'll see how this plays out

flyboys15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 12:14 AM
ilovetheflyers8

I don't really want Knuble to go but some of what you guys said has warmed me up to the idea a little more- I won't like it if he goes to the Rangers but I certainly won't hold it agains him, though I imagine if he does he will do well against us when we play them with some deflections into the net.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 12:21 AM
Cartered

Send a message via AIM to Cartered Send a message via MSN to Cartered

Cartered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 12:25 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I just hope Mike has a good rest of his career wherever he goes, unless its with the Rags

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:16 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
i have this devastating nightmare that knuble ends up in pittsburgh to score garbage goals off of cindy crosby on a bargain contract. the horror!

it hurts to see knuble move on, but if he wants to get paid, i can't blame him. he deserves it.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
i have this devastating nightmare that knuble ends up in pittsburgh to score garbage goals off of cindy crosby on a bargain contract. the horror!

it hurts to see knuble move on, but if he wants to get paid, i can't blame him. he deserves it.
If he moves to get paid he won't move to Pittsburgh, they don't have the caproom to pay him.

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:26 AM
BringBackStevens

I don't want Knuble on anything other than a 1 year deal. His play is going to start dropping dramatically.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbphilly View Post

Don't post images such as that ever again.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 05:16 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryTate707 View Post
Knuble has raging hands of cement, it was fun while it lasted but I wouldn't care if he left, no hard feelings.
Yeah, 27 goals are nothing ...

If he doesn't re-sign with the Flyers I hope he goes to a team in the West. I would hate to see him in a Rangers jersey.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Yeah, 27 goals are nothing ...

If he doesn't re-sign with the Flyers I hope he goes to a team in the West. I would hate to see him in a Rangers jersey.
Agreed.

Phil Esposito is in the HHOF with hands of stone.

Knuble scores grunt goals... but for the heaviest and second tallest player on the team, his hands are by no means made of cement.

His goals would not be easy to replace... his on and off the ice leadership and work ethic wouldn't be any easier to account for. I'll take 23 such washed up players on my team every time.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2009, 10:31 PM
turkinaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
His goals would not be easy to replace... his on and off the ice leadership and work ethic wouldn't be any easier to account for. I'll take 23 such washed up players on my team every time.
This is what I'll miss the most if he doesn't resign. He was a veteran you could send out there in any situation and score those grunt goals or kill penalties. He is also one of the few, if not the only, cup winners left on the team because Hatcher retired. I think without him and Hatcher there aren't any left.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 02:05 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
This is what I'll miss the most if he doesn't resign. He was a veteran you could send out there in any situation and score those grunt goals or kill penalties. He is also one of the few, if not the only, cup winners left on the team because Hatcher retired. I think without him and Hatcher there aren't any left.
That sounds accurate actually. Knuble and Hatcher were the only cup winners on the Flyers last year.

Sadly, I'd let Knuble go this year. His even strength play left me cringing sometimes. I love the guy, but unless he takes a good 1 year deal, we just can't afford him.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2009, 08:13 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I still don't understand why people want him out. He's not the fastest player on the ice, nor can he puck handle seriously or shoot accurately from further than 5 feet out, but the guy scores, is a big body presence (aka the anti-Briere) and has been clutch for us consistently. I hope he remains a Flyer, and I agree with the notion that I want him to finish off his career here.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 10:06 PM
peteo

Rangers to target Mike Knuble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr090524.html

The Rangers don't have a lot of available funds to go after many unrestricted free agents this summer, but one player they will likely target is Mike Knuble, the New York Post reports.
Knuble, who turns 37 on July 4, can become a UFA July 1. The Philadelphia Flyers are interested in re-signing him, and the feeling appears to be mutual, however the Post claims Knuble might also be interested in playing for the Rangers.

With Markus Naslund retiring, and Nik Antropov, Paul Mara, Aaron Voros, Blair Betts and Colton Orr likely not returning next year, the Rangers do have some available funds to throw around.

The Post also suggests that Knuble is the type of player head coach John Tortorella wants on his team.

Knuble made $2.8 million this past season.

I hope Rangers sign him to 3.5M a year contract. Flyers should say good bye and move on. Nothing against Mike, he was a good players for us.
Knuble rights for Betts &Orr all UFA

peteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 10:30 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteo View Post
Knuble rights for Betts &Orr all UFA
Why would you want Orr? Cote, Asham and Carcillo aren't enough?

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 10:37 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Why would you want Orr? Cote, Asham and Carcillo aren't enough?
I think the only ice Cote's going to see from now on will be on Holly's finger.

And if I have my way, he won't be seeing her for much longer. I'm going to work my magic and steal her away from him!

Plus, Asham and Carcillo are not heavyweights. Cote is a heavyweight, he just sucks at it, I still like the guy, and his wife.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2009, 10:49 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
The incentives do count at some point. They can just roll them over to next year's cap. The problem is next year's cap is supposed to go down so it would be stupid to do that.
You're right buddy. I just read up on it, it isn't so easily figured out as some sports writer's make/made it to be (I should check up on my own about the cap from now on eh?)

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote